THE BROWNS BOARD

Why is OBJ making so much $?

Icecube

1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Lots of “blind” Browns fans. OBJ was a huge reason why we beat Baltimore. 
stats aren’t everything.

So you're OK with a WR making $17 mill a year being 37 in receptions and posting 1 TD? OK, there. 

PLUS, being a daily distraction, throwing tantrums like a baby? Sounds perfect. 

38 minutes ago, Icecube said:

So you're OK with a WR making $17 mill a year being 37 in receptions and posting 1 TD? OK, there. 

I’m aware that OBJ’s lack of production isn’t on him. Maybe partially, but this is an overreaction. He’s a top WR, in the world.

Unfortunately OBJ won't do much Sunday, so we may have to keep waiting. Nobody gets points against the Super Patriots, and it's going to be raining cats and dogs. If you start him in fantasy, your best bet is something in garbage time. 

Furthermore, OBJ should have 3 more touchdowns, minimum. Baker missed him multiple times in red zone and also missed him deep over and over again. OBJ can't throw it to himself. 

Why $$$? World class, HOF level hands + speed + catch radius...

Why gas production fallen off? Defenses focus on him and both in NY (Sheppard) and CLE (Landry) there have been strong #2's to eliminate the need to force the ball to him.

3 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

The watch thing was kind of a genius move. I think he parlayed that situation into a sponsorship with the European watch maker who fashioned it.

But watch. It won't end: He will find some way to draw attention to himself, and usually paint himself as the poor victim. As long as he doesn't go too far, ala his buddy AB, and he starts producing I guess it won't matter much.  

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

Is he? Illustrate how. 

Bro, he can't throw it to himself. Yeah, he had 3 drops that were pretty bad. But if Baker actually knew how to read red zone defenses, OBJ would have 4 more TDS, maybe more. On one play OBJ made his guy FALL DOWN but Baker obviously forced it to Harris (spoiler alert, it didn't work). 

OBJ hasn't done well, but Baker has been effing awful. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

OBJ hasn't done well, but Baker has been effing awful. 

RK PLAYER PTS ADDED PASS RUN PENALTY TOTAL EPA QB PLAYS RAW QBR TOTAL QBR
21 Teddy Twatwater, NO -3.2 14.0 -1.3 -0.6 17.7 237 45.3 47.8
22 Joe Flacco, DEN -1.8 9.4 0.8 0.4 21.3 274 47.7 46.9
23 Jameis Winston, TB -12.4 3.7 -1.4 0.2 12.2 279 34.7 42.5
24 Gardner Minshew II, JAX -8.5 9.7 0.4 0.1 17.6 284 39.6 41.7
25 Baker Mayfield, CLE -8.5 3.4 3.5 0.4 13.9 248 38.2 39.4
26 Sam Darnold, NYJ -8.7 1.3 -3.1 1.3 2.8 127 27.4 39.3
27 Jared Goff, LAR -12.0 18.6 -5.3 0.3 18.5 338 37.7 38.7
28 Andy Dalton, CIN -15.7 5.0 0.7 1.6 15.0 346 34.5 38.3
29 Josh Allen, BUF -10.2 7.1 1.3 -0.4 15.0 265 36.7 37.1
30 Mitchell Trubisky, CHI -10.4 2.4 -0.9 0.9 6.9 193 31.8 34.2
RK PLAYER PTS ADDED PASS RUN PENALTY TOTAL EPA QB PLAYS RAW QBR TOTAL QBR
31 Marcus Mariota, TEN -12.9 -5.3 1.5 1.7 8.1 226 30.8 32.0
32 Josh Rosen, MIA -13.7 -6.3 -0.2 1.4 -0.2 136 19.4 18.8
Glossary
  • * Season Leaders: On pace for 320 action

On 10/25/2019 at 6:07 PM, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Lots of “blind” Browns fans. OBJ was a huge reason why we beat Baltimore. 
stats aren’t everything.

so far he is a bust....we had better continuity last yr with our wr's by a long shot....there is no way we should have screwed with the chemistry we had last yr judging by the way we finished....we are now in regression mode....and as far as hunt goes...trade him....please trade him for some playmakers on defense....maybe starting with that kid from ohio state...he is a beast........

On 10/25/2019 at 5:49 PM, Icecube said:

He's the 3rd highest paid WR in the NFL....

Oh, and he's a constant distraction with his petulant child routine. 

On 10/25/2019 at 7:36 PM, Icecube said:

On 10/26/2019 at 11:41 AM, Icecube said:

But watch. It won't end: He will find some way to draw attention to himself, and usually paint himself as the poor victim.   

On 10/26/2019 at 6:14 PM, Icecube said:

Is he? Illustrate how. 

OBJ has been down many of these dirty media roads before...He just went through it, with the bigger NY media market with "The Eli Sucks"... In both markets you will get nothing from his teammates but OBJ is a great locker room Stand up guy..Yet another example ^^^  and just because it's our Rambo/Rocky week in Russia West... 

On 10/25/2019 at 4:36 PM, Icecube said:

Which is the same reason why I think Myles Garrett is OVERRATED!.. He does not dominate games like you would expect a "Generational" player does.. His sacks are like token garbage time sacks.. They have 0 affect on the games.. But now 20 people will jump all over me and tell I'm nuts.. So be it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nickers said:

Which is the same reason why I think Myles Garrett is OVERRATED!.. He does not dominate games like you would expect a "Generational" player does.. His sacks are like token garbage time sacks.. They have 0 affect on the games.. But now 20 people will jump all over me and tell I'm nuts.. So be it!

You are probably nuts....but not necessarily about this.  I think I agree somewhat.  But, I also think it changes here in the last half of the season. Garrett will begin to dominate games.    I mean, it is has been tough to dominate against  Brady, Russell etc.....and teams that have gone 8-0 and 8-0 and 6-2 and etc. Now they go against lesser lights.  I mean Garrett, and the Browns now have to start beating the bums on their schedule coming up. 

16 minutes ago, nickers said:

At least you are consistent in your poor football knowledge... 😉

2 hours ago, nickers said:

I don't think you're crazy, as I made a very similar statement earlier. We differ a bit in that I don't believe Myles is overrated per say, but I want "game changing plays" from him and our other stars. What do I mean? When we're in a one score game and we need a stop... I want a forced fumble. A big sack. A deflected pass...SOMETHING.

To be fair to Myles, he actually HAS done this twice. In natural Browns fashion we screwed it up twice, but what can you do? Last year against the Steelers he hit Ben and caused the late INT. Genard Avery SHOULD have made the game winning block but he didn't see the opposition and one guy pushed Schobert out. What did Myles do then? He had the absolute worst block in the back penalty I've ever seen and we had to take a much longer FG which of course got blocked. Myles had another one against the Rams, but again, we blew it (ugh! Lol). 

Myles is my favorite player, but dang...I sure would like him to get that ball out more. Oh, and I just remembered something. Remember when Myles scored that touchdown against the Bears but Nassib was inexplicably lined up offsides?! My God we can't do anything right sometimes. LMFAO 

I think your point, and the point of many others, is that our playmakers need to start making plays. I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I don't think you're crazy, as I made a very similar statement earlier. We differ a bit in that I don't believe Myles is overrated per say, but I want "game changing plays" from him and our other stars. What do I mean? When we're in a one score game and we need a stop... I want a forced fumble. A big sack. A deflected pass...SOMETHING.

To be fair to Myles, he actually HAS done this twice. In natural Browns fashion we screwed it up twice, but what can you do? Last year against the Steelers he hit Ben and caused the late INT. Genard Avery SHOULD have made the game winning block but he didn't see the opposition and one guy pushed Schobert out. What did Myles do then? He had the absolute worst block in the back penalty I've ever seen and we had to take a much longer FG which of course got blocked. Myles had another one against the Rams, but again, we blew it (ugh! Lol). 

Myles is my favorite player, but dang...I sure would like him to get that ball out more. Oh, and I just remembered something. Remember when Myles scored that touchdown against the Bears but Nassib was inexplicably lined up offsides?! My God we can't do anything right sometimes. LMFAO 

I think your point, and the point of many others, is that our playmakers need to start making plays. I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised tomorrow. 

I'll be waiting!

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

At least you are consistent in your poor football knowledge... 😉

You never struck me as being the sharpest knife in the drawer... So there's that!