THE BROWNS BOARD

Fun little game

ballpeen

Pick up the book that is closest to you at this moment...no cheating and grabbing your favorite or the most intellectual or impressive book you have...the one closest to you right now.

Go to page 56 and look for the 5th sentence.

Post it here.

Mine:

" In years like 1994 and 1997, it is spectacular"

The Cheapskates Guide to Wine

Page 56 is blank--end of a chapter. Here's 57:

"Scientists now almost universally believe global warming is occurring as a result of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions."

Your Green Home -Alex Wilson

Sorry, but you asked for it.

Guest Aloysius

"Our existence, as we know it, is no longer transparent and understandable by reason, bound together into a tight, coherent structure."

• - William Barrett,
Irrational Man

"They focused on what might have been changed that bore a relationship to this timing."

The New Rational Manager by Charles H. Kepner and Benjamin B. Tregoe.

Now don't you all go out and buy it at once!!!!

"Of course, each remote user will need his or her own ISDN or analog line as well."

Virtual Private Networks 2nd Edition, Scott, Wolfe & Erwin.

"Their holds were almost full, for they sat low in the water, and the waters around them were red with blood and offal.

Midnight Tides: The Malazan Book of the Fallen

Steven Erikson

Not exactly intellectual, but a good read nonetheless.

"Though he doesn't know it, another door recently played it's part in shaping his destiny."

The Road to the Dark Tower

Exploring Stephen King's Magnum Opus

- Bev Vincent

-------------------|---------------------|--------------------------|

-------------------|---------------------|--------------------------|

--0---0----5------|0-0--0-7/8-8--8-|-3-3/7-7--7----------|

--------5/7-7/5-3|---------------------|--------------3-3-2-3-|

5th sentence in a Rush Bass tab book....

yeah. Its that only book around me

It was as Dr.Wilson had surmised,mostly ice and water,with outcroppings of basalt interspersed with deposits of sulpher.

Arthur C.Clarke 2061:Odyssey III

But perhaps his greatest accomplishment was changing professional football almost overnight from a sand-lot game to a new national pastime.

Red Grange 'The Galloping Ghost', chapter 3 from "Great Running Backs of the NFL, by Jack Hand. 1966

1947RedGrange.png

"In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and vinegar, dill, pepper, salt and celery seed;blend."

Recipe for "Cucumbers with Sour Cream"

from "Cooking from Quilt Country - Hearty Recipes from Amish and Mennonite Kitchens" 1988

I'll post the entire recipe if anybody wants it....

(I collect good, interesting cookbooks at garage sales)

Bimeby, ole Brer Tarrypin look way off down de road en he see Jedge Buzzard sailin' 'long en he know hit's time fer 'im ferter be up.

Here's a hint, it's written by Joel Chandler Harris and it's a bitch to find because we live in a kinder, gentler, more politically correct world.

Fond memories from it though, my southern great grandfather used to read me stories from it and it sounded just right with his Tennessee twang.

Here's a hint, it's written by Joel Chandler Harris and it's a bitch to find because we live in a kinder, gentler, more politically correct world.

Fond memories from it though, my southern great grandfather used to read me stories from it and it sounded just right with his Tennessee twang.

uncleremus.jpg

Great tale...

Archived