THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns elevate TE Stephen Carlson from practice squad

Orion

Carlson is a 6-4, 240 pound rookie out of Princeton. He signed with the Browns as an undrafted free agent in May and has spent the entire season on the club’s practice squad. At Princeton, he recorded 125 receptions for 1,632 yards and 16 touchdowns. Carlson is a native of Jamestown, N.Y. He will wear No. 89.

---------------

I've been wanting to see this guy.   -  From Princeton....so perhaps he's a smarty pants.

• Upvote 3

Well...this week with combining the injury report has gone to batchit crazy 🦇... Follow along if you care to, but keep in mind..(may need to reference)

Hunt can return next week vs Bills (pending roster move). Drew Forbes could also return next week vs Bills (pending roster move) or must return to IR for rest of season. Forbes has practiced all this week (C/G/RT) and can do the same one more week coming off IR list  

We lost our best blocking TE P. Brown out with a concussion for Denver game. Carlson had hands to catch in preseason, but blocked like Devalve too in preseason. Harris & Seals Jones are game to blocking but average at best..Carlson takes DT Ekuale roster spot due to Ekuale going on IR with a chest injury. Note--Njoku is due back for week 12 Mia..will miss Den./Bills/Pitt (than would pend another roster move)..

FS D. Randall & Murray are both Out vs Denver. Murray is week to week after hurting knee Wednesday at practice. Were left with SS M. Burnett & FS Whitehead starting & Burris/Redwine behind them 

Inactive list might get tricky this week? Were down a DT, but added a Jags PS player to DT, Eli Ankou. Ankou has to stay on 53 for 3 games. We also added a LB, waived by Giants Tae Davis...

Inactive should start with Randall/Murray/P.Brown/WR/*/*/*  Lamm is questionable & Robinson still maybe in coaching detention   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I wanna say Carlson scored in the preseason, but could be mistaken. I thought he had a chance, so maybe he'll make a play or two. 

12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

We lost our best blocking TE P. Brown out with a concussion for Denver game. Carlson had hands to catch in preseason, but blocked like Devalve too in preseason. Harris & Seals Jones are game to blocking but average at best..Carlson takes DT Ekuale roster spot due to Ekuale going on IR with a chest injury. Note--Njoku is due back for week 12 Mia..will miss Den./Bills/Pitt (than would pend another roster move)..

Shame about Pharoah Brown. He’s been a pleasant surprise to watch blocking this year and l think could turn into a building block player on this team. And he’s no small dude at 6’6” and around 260 lbs so should be able to hold up physically except for the noggin, which even the mightiest of men is susceptible to. Just need him to eat jugs for breakfast lunch and dinner next offseason and teach him to use that big frame as a shield.

58 minutes ago, 7moses7 said:

DeValve was garbage and so is Carlson 

DeValve had a strange tenure here. Seemed to do ok as a primary pass catcher TE at first, but then injuries and a push to convert him to a primarily blocking H back type seemed to hamper his development. I actually thought he made a leap forward in the latter role in the little we saw of him in the preseason, but too little too late l guess.

I think a bit too early to pass judgement on Carlson. I’m anticipating he’ll get some playing time and kinda curious to see how the team uses him. 

12 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

They need to put Rebecca on the game day foods thread. Totally edible in that flick.🧐😜

I'd like to play other fantasy games with NFL Networks fantasy goddess Cynthia Frelund :wub: but she won't accept my calls ☎️  

17 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

They need to demote Freddie to the practice squad

Freddie isn't even ready to run that unit........... simply saying that Freddie is in over his head is like saying the Titanic had a bit of a problem.  

7 hours ago, D Bone said:

Freddie isn't even ready to run that unit........... simply saying that Freddie is in over his head is like saying the Titanic had a bit of a problem.  

He did alright as OC. But you know..... we had that head case Williams for head coach.  He won games. Can’t have that around here now can we. 
 My prediction. Number 6 in the draft. That’s our 20 year average..... right?