THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 12 - TOP 25 RANKINGS AND TV SCHEDULES conference championships and bowl games on the line !

mjp28

WEEK 12 - TOP 25 RANKINGS AND TV SCHEDULES plus the conference championships and bowl games are on the line !

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2019-11-10/college-football-playoff-rankings-predictions-top-25-projections

Week 11 is done. Now let's have fun and think about how the second College Football Playoff rankings could look. Below, I predict how the second CFP rankings might be by projecting the Top 25 for Week 12.

The next College Football Playoff rankings will be announced on Tuesday, Nov. 12. The committee will continue to do so every week until the final Top 25 on Sunday, Dec. 8. You can read an overview of the committee's process here on the official site.

Just a quick overview before the CFB RANKINGS are announced Tuesday.  Let's just look at the previous top 10.

1. LSU (9-0): With the Tigers winning at Alabama, LSU might get a look from the committee to jump Ohio State for No. 1. It's going to be a good debate, with strong cases on both sides.
  2. Ohio State (9-0): The Buckeyes may drop from the top spot even after the dominant win against Maryland. But that's more about LSU moving up thanks to a road win at 'Bama than anything negative about OSU.
  3. Clemson (10-0): With Wake Forest losing to Virginia Tech, the Tigers might not play another ranked team until the bowl games (or CFP semifinals).
  4. Alabama (8-1): How much will the committee drop the Tide after the close loss to LSU?
  5. Georgia (8-1): The Bulldogs hope to be the top-ranked 1-loss team after a good showing against Missouri. But Alabama could be just ahead for now. This is another big question.
  6. Oregon (8-1): The Ducks didn't play in Week 11 but are back in action on Nov. 16 against Arizona. They're another member of the 1-loss club hoping to eventually finish in the Top 4.
  7. Minnesota (9-0): Now this will be fascinating. The committee weren't high on the Gophers in the first CFP rankings. But by beating No. 4 Penn State, Minnesota should move well into the Top 10.
  8. Utah (8-1): The other top Pac-12 playoff contender was also off in Week 11. The Utes play improving UCLA in Week 12.
  9. Oklahoma (8-1): The Sooners will need to jump ahead of the other 1-loss contenders in order to have a chance to make the CFP. They've done that before and can do that again, but the defense needs work.
  10. Penn State (8-1): Now Penn State drops into the 1-loss pack. Ohio State is coming up soon. PSU will have to win out.

The undefeateds, it's really hard to do!

No. 1 Ohio State (9-0)

Last game: def. Maryland, 73-14
Next: at Rutgers | Saturday, Nov. 16
Toughest game remaining: at Michigan (Nov. 30)
Last undefeated season: 2012 (12-0, finished No. 3 in AP Poll)

No. 2 LSU (9-0)

Last game: def. No. 3 Alabama 46-41
Next: at Ole Miss | 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16 | ESPN
Toughest game remaining: vs. Texas A&M (Nov. 30)
Last undefeated season: 1958 (11-0, won Sugar Bowl, national champions) <----- WHAT?  1958 with Billy Cannon, I was 8 then.

No. 5 Clemson (10-0) 

Last game: def. N.C. State, 55-10
Next: vs. Wake Forest | 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16 | ABC
Toughest game remaining: vs. Wake Forest (Nov. 16)
Last undefeated season: 2018 (15-0, won College Football Playoff National Championship Game)

No. 12 Baylor (9-0)

Last game: def. TCU, 29-23 (3OT)
Next: vs. Oklahoma | 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16 | ABC
Toughest game remaining: vs. Oklahoma (Nov. 16)
Last undefeated season: 1900 (3-0). Note: Baylor was 6-0-2 in 1910, but record was adjusted to 6-1-1 due to forfeit. <---- before the Model - T.

No. 17 Minnesota (9-0)

Last game: def. No. 4 Penn State, 31-26
Next: at Iowa | Saturday, Nov. 16
Toughest game remaining: vs. Wisconsin (Nov. 30)
Last undefeated season: 1941 <---- just before the WWII came to America.

College Football Playoff rankings predictions: New Year's Six games

This is what I think the games will be at season's end. This isn't based off what the rankings will be on Tuesday.

• Sugar Bowl: Alabama vs. Oklahoma
  • Rose Bowl: Utah vs. Minnesota
  • Orange Bowl: Georgia vs. Wake Forest
  • Cotton Bowl: Baylor vs. Cincinnati
  • Peach Bowl (semifinal): No. 1 LSU vs. No. 4 Oregon
  • Fiesta Bowl (semifinal): No. 2 Ohio State vs. No. 3 Clemson <---- and OSU has had some luck in the Fiesta Bowl. ;)
  • National Championship Game: No. 1 LSU vs. No. 2 Ohio State. <------ but they don't play on paper they play in the dirt.  We'll see !

......oh feel free to make your own prognostications if you want.

17 hours ago, Axe said:

Ohio State will win the national championship this year..

Nice call.   As of Monday 11-11-2019:

ODDS TO WIN 2019-20 COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (1/6/20) from our friends at https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/futures
Team Odds
Ohio State Buckeyes 2/1 <--- with a chance to meet in the NC
LSU Tigers 2/1 <--- even with OSU
Clemson Tigers 7/2
Alabama Crimson Tide 6/1
Georgia Bulldogs 14/1
Penn State Nittany Lions 40/1
Oklahoma Sooners 40/1
Utah Utes 40/1
Oregon Ducks 50/1
Minnesota Golden Gophers 80/1
Baylor Bears 100/1
Michigan Wolverines 500/1 <--- did Woody dump a bundle here?
Wisconsin Badgers 1000/1
Auburn Tigers 2000/1

And while we're at it.....

ODDS TO WIN 2019 HEISMAN TROPHY (12/7/19)
Team Odds
Joe Burrow (LSU) 1/10
Justin Fields (Ohio State).  * 8/1
Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma) 10/1
Tua Tagovailoa (Alabama) 10/1
J.K. Dobbins (Ohio State).   * 40/1
Justin Herbert (Oregon) 50/1
Chase Young (Ohio State).   * 100/1 <---. 3 in the top 7 means you have a loaded team
Chuba Hubbard (Oklahoma State) 100/1
Travis Etienne (Clemson) 100/1
Trevor Lawrence (Clemson) 100/1
D'Andre Swift (Georgia) 100/1
Jonathan Taylor (Wisconsin) 200/1
Sam Ehlinger (Texas) 200/1
Jerry Jeudy (Alabama) 200/1

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

They have one in at least two national championships since then. One under Les Miles and one under Nick Saban

Yes they have won two -but- those undefeated seasons are hard to come by. Now with the playoffs chances are it you're undefeated then you're the National Championships.

Wasn't always that way.  I wish there were 8 playoff teams going through the bowl system......an old pet peeve of mine.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Psssh... I have no disposable income for gambling. 

Tuition 

Good move.

And honestly before this season started I thought that Michigan with Patterson and their schedule had a legitimate shot at the BIG TEN.  I also think that 11-30 might be an interesting game, we'll see who is ready to win.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Good move.

And honestly before this season started I thought that Michigan with Patterson and their schedule had a legitimate shot at the BIG TEN.  I also think that 11-30 might be an interesting game, we'll see who is ready to win.

One game at a time.   OSU has two more games to go.....one should be a no brainer vs. Rutgers.   But Penn St. beat Michigan, and that may still be the bigger game for  title/CFP purposes.  Certainly NOT to be overlooked.  FMU has been playing much better since then. 

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Good move.

Our transition to our new OC and offensive system was more painful than a lot of people thought it would be. 

Also, while we got our three main rivals at home, we still had a pretty difficult schedule. 

Here is the full schedule for Week 12 for the 2019 college football season. This will be updated as games go final. All rankings are from the CFP rankings.

All times ET and on Saturday unless otherwise noted.

Click here for a live scoreboard.

And LSU must have really impressed the voters in the game in Alabama last week....it was a good game.

RANK

NAME

RECORD

PREVIOUS

1 LSU (54) 9-0 1542 1
2 Ohio State (5) 9-0 1480 3
3 Clemson (3) 10-0 1441 4
4 Alabama 8-1 1312 2
5 Georgia 8-1 1267 6
6 Oregon 8-1 1224 7
7 Minnesota 9-0 1164 13
8 Utah 8-1 1099 8
9 Penn State 8-1 1003 5
10 Oklahoma 8-1 1000 9
11 Florida 8-2 934 10
12 Baylor 9-0 932 11
13 Auburn 7-2 871 12
14 Michigan 7-2 744 14
15 Wisconsin 7-2 657 16
16 Notre Dame 7-2 593 15
17 Cincinnati 8-1 567 17
18 Memphis 8-1 510 19
19 Boise State 8-1 371 21
20 SMU 9-1 346 23
21 Navy 7-1 228 25
22 Texas 6-3 199 NR
23 Iowa 6-3 197 18
24 Indiana 7-2 108 NR
25 Oklahoma State 6-3 77 NR

Others receiving votes: Appalachian State 73, Kansas State 67, Texas A&M 42, Wake Forest 38, Louisiana Tech 25, Virginia 12, San Diego State 7, Iowa State 4, Virginia Tech 4, Washington 3, Pittsburgh 2, UCF 2, Air Force 2, USC 1, Illinois 1, North Dakota State 1.

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

What do you mean...Mich/MSU hopefully is a good game.  May not be because MSU is way down.  Iowa/Minn. is big for the Big Ten west.  ND/Navy, both ranked.   OK/Baylor is for like the Big 12 title.   Georgia/Auburn....hopefully Auburn wins.  Giving Ga. a second loss.  And of course Ohio State.   I think that is a hell of a slate of good games. 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

What do you mean...Mich/MSU hopefully is a good game.  May not be because MSU is way down.  Iowa/Minn. is big for the Big Ten west.  ND/Navy, both ranked.   OK/Baylor is for like the Big 12 title.   Georgia/Auburn....hopefully Auburn wins.  Giving Ga. a second loss.  And of course Ohio State.   I think that is a hell of a slate of good games. 

Some are ok, better than many NFL games but not one of those great Saturday matchup weekends...... nevertheless see you Saturday !

Same with the next two weeks 13 and 14, a few good marquee matchups like the noon games PSU at OSU and the game.

Now Week 15 should be interesting, looking way ahead:

WEEK 15

Friday, Dec. 6

Pac-12 Championship Game (Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, CA) | 8 p.m. | ABC

Saturday, Dec. 7

MAC Championship Game (Ford Field in Detroit, MI) | 12 p.m.
America Athletic Conference Championship Game | 3:30 p.m. | ABC
Mountain West Championship Game | 4 p.m. | ESPN
Big Ten Championship Game (Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN) | 8 p.m. | FOX <---- the B1G game
Big 12 Championship Game (AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX) | ABC
ACC Championship Game (Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC) | ABC
Conference USA Championship Game
SEC Championship Game (Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, GA)
Sun Belt Championship Game

Saturday, Dec. 14

Army vs. Navy (Philadelphia, PA) | 3 p.m. | CBS <----- I never miss it !

Big games the next two weeks PSU at OSU  -and-. "The Game" the following week.  The rest of the BIG TEN pieces are falling into place.

Right now there are 6 teams in the top 20 and Minnesota's undefeated season is no more.

Screenshot_2019-11-16_232614.jpg

Screenshot_2019-11-16_232144.jpg

Screenshot_2019-11-16_233043.jpg