THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs.Steelers Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

This isn't a street fight, man. You're attempting apples to oranges.   This is closer to Holyfield having his ear bitten.  

Why speculate, as fate would have it I'm seeing a lawyer at 8:45 who just so happens to be a Browns fan.  I'll ask a pro his opinion.

It is 8:45.   This lawyer just gave you a perspective on it. 

14 minutes ago, Nero said:

I knew that something like this was coming, but that's an over the top comparison. It is closer to a thief with no weapons breaking into your house, and you once he has surrendered shot him in both legs with your shotgun. 

Except, in this case....the thief had not surrendered. He continued to pursue the fight, even with his helmet off.

21 minutes ago, Nero said:

I knew that something like this was coming, but that's an over the top comparison. It is closer to a thief with no weapons breaking into your house, and you once he has surrendered shot him in both legs with your shotgun. 

Except the thief hadn't surrendered. And he had other thief's with him holding you.  I don't buy the self defense because Garrett wasn't in any physical danger but your analogy isnt accurate either.  

11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Except, in this case....the thief had not surrendered. He continued to pursue the fight, even with his helmet off.

3 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Except the thief hadn't surrendered. And he had other thief's with him holding you.  I don't buy the self defense because Garrett wasn't in any physical danger but your analogy isnt accurate either.  

Agreed. Should have thought of it more thoroughly.

8 hours ago, D Bone said:

Only been in one "sports fight" myself - a slow pitch softball fight if you can believe that shit.   (competitive city champ league stuff - not a beer league).

Anyway, while it was not one of my proudest moments, I didn't grab an aluminum bat and swing it at someone under the guise that "it was a fight, and the other dude should've known better than to start it with me".  I knew what the line was, even in that out of control moment............. most do. 

This is now how Myles will be remembered...... too bad. 

Also did not start with a bat in your hands apparently...

Pride isn't a factor in these things, but neither am I ashamed. In two of my three I was the 3rd man in... actually 4th in one case... making sure an aggressive opponent could do no further harm to a teammate. In the other I was hit first and my first response ended the fight.. as punches to the throat tend to do.... but only because my teammates restrained me.

8 hours ago, Icecube said:

He can bounce back from this, if he stops being dirty now. He's an amazing player, but you can't do anything like this ever again. 

One loss of control incident does not make a player dirty.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It started with the opposing team having one dude with a bat in his hands...... and no one picked it up and swung it. 

When you hear the name Albert Haynesworth, what immediately comes to the minds of probably 99.9% of people?  (the .1% being his mom and PoG)

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

- Myles is to villanueva as Suggs was to Joe Thomas. Want to see how  @Tour2ma   feels about that association.

Possible...

Can't say I remember MG previously owning Villanueva to the degree he did last nite, but then Suggs did not own JT to the same degree every game. I did look and in three previous Steeler games MG has 4 sacks.plus 3 TFL.

Here's an observation back at ya.... both our OTs played pretty well last nite. Between them Watt and DuPree registered one sack that was Watt on a TE... although have to say I think the TE expected Hubbard to pick up Watt, Hubbard was otherwise occupied by the DE slanting outside.

5 minutes ago, D Bone said:

It started with the opposing team having one dude with a bat in his hands...... and no one picked it up and swung it. 

When you hear the name Albert Haynesworth, what immediately comes to the minds of probably 99.9% of people?  (the .1% being his mom and PoG)

1.  Glad your opponent had the good sense to drop the bat. Gonna guess you'd have done the same.
  2. As egregious as his face rake was when I hear Albert's name I first think of a high-dollar UFA who grew so lazy that he was released and passed out of football... minus a good chunk of the money he thought he'd bagged when he signed with WSH. When I think "dirty" I think of Burfect and Suh... in that order.
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Mike Tomlin tried to trip Jacoby Jones on a kickoff during a game. I think he’s the last person that should talk about ethics or what’s right and wrong in the nfl. That being said, mason started the fight, set the trap, and Myles fell for it. Now mason can play the victim. Is what Garrett did completely horrible and uncalled for? Yes? Was a reaction like that what Rudolph wanted? Yes...... now he doesn’t have to play Myles and he’s the poor victim. 

I hope this is a joke.

1 minute ago, Icecube said:

Right, and he's been making late/dirty hits all season. 

not at all. He did get two uc's because he fell on the qb. That has been done forever.

They changed the rule. So, in all this latest melee, Garrett played nice and made sissy mason girlyman

land on him to avoid the penalty.

and all hell broke loose, STARTED BY SISSY MASON.

Just fact.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

not at all. He did get two uc's because he fell on the qb. That has been done forever.

They changed the rule. So, in all this latest melee, Garrett played nice and made sissy mason girlyman

land on him to avoid the penalty.

and all hell broke loose, STARTED BY SISSY MASON.

Just fact.

Funny that no one else can see these facts?

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Possible...

Can't say I remember MG previously owning Villanueva to the degree he did last nite, but then Suggs did not own JT to the same degree every game. I did look and in three previous Steeler games MG has 4 sacks.plus 3 TFL.

Here's an observation back at ya.... both our OTs played pretty well last nite. Between them Watt and DuPree registered one sack that was Watt on a TE... although have to say I think the TE expected Hubbard to pick up Watt, Hubbard was otherwise occupied by the DE slanting outside.

My comments on the MG: Villanueva matchup have more to do with Myles using a Suggs move that gave Joe so much trouble - speed to power bull rush.

Myles fired off, stayed lowed, used his arms and simply drove AV ass right back into Mason.   And he do so rather repeatedly.   I don't recall him doing that much before but that might be how he continues to attack him in the foreseeable future (When he's back from suspension, of course.)

Agreed on our tackles play of last night.  I still feel that had a lot to do with personnel groupings, formation, the playaction (more play action under center the entire 1st qtr)  Even though I wasn't paying the closest of attention, possibly over-setting to the outside shoulder.  I'm really surprised Watt and Dupree didn't attempt any inside moves.  But it may be a potential weakness that has been seen on film or perhaps just a fluke.

5 hours ago, D Bone said:

I think of how dan snyder really overpaid him (worst fa signing of all time)  and Haynesworth must have used all that money on food. I know you're saying people think dirty player and the stomp which I still contend was just as bad as Garrett's. The thing is though is that wasn't his only issue like that. Other things like kicking his teammate in the chest in his first training camp and the brutal dirty hit on MJD add to his rep

2 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I think of how dan snyder really overpaid him (worst fa signing of all time)  and Haynesworth must have used all that money on food. I know you're saying people think dirty player and the stomp which I still contend was just as bad as Garrett's. The thing is though is that wasn't his only issue like that. Other things like kicking his teammate in the chest in his first training camp and the brutal dirty hit on MJD add to his rep

And it's different because the stomp was a cheap shot to an unsuspecting player. Myles and Rudolph were fighting for awhile before the helmet hit. It's not like Rudolph's helmet fell off and Garrett smashed him when he wasn't looking. It was a fight that got out of hand, not a gutless cheap shot. 

That's what makes it different from the McSorely cheap shot in hockey all those years ago. He hit him in the head from behind when he had no idea he was coming. Completely different situation

On 11/15/2019 at 1:22 AM, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Charging a fully grown man who just ripped your helmet off right after you tried to rip his helmet off and kick him in the NUTs, is asking for IT, my friend.

Rudolph is LUCKY Garrett didn’t use his fists, clearly. 

The  irony is  if Garrett HAD just  dropped the  helmet and gone the good  old fist  fight route, he probably would  only have gotten  three  games  like Pouncey.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Icecube said:

All season???

image.thumb.png.518bd3cef1c40fd7ca1d1e7495ccbfc5.png

Facts are stubborn things... so you'd better make up better ones in the future.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

The  irony is  if Garrett HAD just  dropped the  helmet and gone the good  old fist  fight route, he probably would  only have gotten  three  games  like Pouncey.

Actually, the real irony is that if Garrett had dropped the helmet and gone the good old fist fight route....he would inflicted far more harm on Maya than he did with the helmet.  Again...see Rudolph's reaction....he was more startled than hurt. Foam padding is all that came in contact with him. 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

And why a 270 lb DE felt the need to use a weapon vs. a QB is beyond me. That's like saying if your 5-year old nephew came at you and you used a baseball bat to hit him. That's the part of all this that he will never escape from ridicule: He needed a weapon when a QB was rushing at him. 

13 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Then why is it in the rule book?

Because they have went to great lengths to protect qbs. So is holding a dirty play or false starting? How about not snapping the ball in time? Those are all in the rule book. Not all penalties are dirty plays. In your mind there must not be a non dirty player in the league.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Because they have went to great lengths to protect qbs. So is holding a dirty play or false starting? How about not snapping the ball in time? Those are all in the rule book. Not all penalties are dirty plays.

But using your full body weight to smash a QB into the ground (OFTEN THE CAUSE OF INJURIES) is a dirty foul. It ends up breaking collar bones. 

On 11/15/2019 at 2:18 PM, Icecube said:

...that's objective.

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

But using your full body weight to smash a QB into the ground (OFTEN THE CAUSE OF INJURIES) is a dirty foul. It ends up breaking collar bones. 

Seriously, get over yourself.

Almost all of those "dirty" penalties Myles collected for falling on the QB with his weight was a TEXTBOOK tackle for 100 years of football. The one he got on Roethlisberger last season was exactly how I taught 11 and 12 year olds how to tackle a decade ago when I coached. How a defensive player is supposed to tackle a QB from straight ahead and NOT fall on him is beyond me. 

• Upvote 1