THE BROWNS BOARD

Hell Yes We Kicked the stillers ass

ATOM

Just now, crunchy said:

We'll beat the piss out of them, then beat the Steelers again. Ravens will lose to Texans, Rams, and Niners and we'll be one game back

10-6 playoff bound 

and ya espn sucks 

4 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I’m worried about the playcalling with a lead. No sustained drives to get into NICE FG range for a while in the second half. Already up 14-0, lots of predictable runs, as if the game was a blowout. 

and always confused about being in the shotgun

• Upvote 1

With Myles out I’m worried about our chances. 

I think Lamar is gonna have a much easier game the second time without Myles chasing him down and keeping him in the pocket. Murray might give us trouble too....

They really should have blown the Steelers out tonight. I love the win, but unfortunately I think we go 8-8 and miss the damn playoffs again....

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

We beat a depleted Steeler team.  But what the heck, Hue couldn't do it at the last game of the season when the Steelers were resting their starters.    We'll take it!  We'll take ANY victory over the Steelers!   Although this turned out to be a costly one.

9 minutes ago, Orion said:

We beat a depleted Steeler team.  But what the heck, Hue couldn't do it at the last game of the season when the Steelers were resting their starters.    We'll take it!  We'll take ANY victory over the Steelers!   Although this turned out to be a costly one.

Depleted?  The Browns "beat" them into "depletion".   And, except for a couple of players....like BR....If they are depleted, it is basically by their own choice.  They chose to  trade AB.  They chose to not pay  Bell. (you cannot count those guys at all as part of their depleted ranks).    Any other "depletion" occurred because the Browns took out their erasers and deleted and depleted some of these guys......

I'm with ATOM on this...2 great wins in a row. We can't change what happened last night, but we CAN support our Browns as the TEAM moves onward & upward!

GO BROWNS!!

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I'm with ATOM on this...2 great wins in a row. We can't change what happened last night, but we CAN support our Browns as the TEAM moves onward & upward!

GO BROWNS!!

Mike

YOU BETCHA !!!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

2 great wins in a row.

I guess when you're 2-6, ANY 2 wins are great wins.

I liked Baker's comments after the game where he told the reporter that the offense DID NOT have a great game.  That they're so far from where they want to be, from where they need to be.  - And it was evident in passes that went one way and the receiver went the other way.  

Without Myles, the D is not going to be quite as good.  QB's will expect more time to throw.  The offense is going to have to be better.  (they probably shouldn't take any days off)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

I guess when you're 2-6, ANY 2 wins are great wins.

I liked Baker's comments after the game where he told the reporter that the offense DID NOT have a great game.  That they're so far from where they want to be, from where they need to be.  - And it was evident in passes that went one way and the receiver went the other way.  

Sure, but I think they seem to be improving little by little.

Without Myles, the D is not going to be quite as good.  QB's will expect more time to throw.  The offense is going to have to be better.  (they probably shouldn't take any days off)

Agree....but there is no reason that the defense can't still  play fairly well....and there is vast vast room for improvement by the offense.  Fair to say?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Agree....but there is no reason that the defense can't still  play fairly well....and there is vast vast room for improvement by the offense.  Fair to say?

In fact the team now has at least 6 games to learn how to play well without a star just as they would have to do if he had had a season ending injury. It will improve the team for next year to learn how to play well without him. No one can now just depend on one player to draw an inordinate amount of resources to stop him, so they will all have to get better at their own jobs. That helps the defense in the long run IMO.

13 hours ago, Orion said:

A depleted Steeler offense...you can even narrow that down to depleted skill players.

That said, the 4 teams they played prior still couldn't beat them... but we did.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Gorka said:

A depleted Steeler offense...you can even narrow that down to depleted skill players.

That said, the 4 teams they played prior still couldn't beat them... but we did.

And that's just it. I know it got a little dicey there for a while, partly because our offense couldn't salt the game away, and partly because our FG kicker looked possessed. I almost can't believe he'd pick the effing STEELERS game to start missing. 

Anyway, we beat them like you said. We took away their bread and butter by not turning it over, and we made just enough plays. It's worth noting that Baker had another solid, if not semi incredible outing. Why he and OBJ look so distant, we'll never know, but we HAVE to get that ironed out. 

After the tragedy we witnessed, something amazing rose from the ashes, and that was Baker Mayfield. The calming voice in the wake of an awful storm. He said all the right things, things everyone needed to hear. An interview that will no doubt cement him as the unquestioned leader of our team, while simultaneously telling the world that he possesses the maturity required to weather any storm. 

Let's get this 3 game winning streak and destroy the lowly Dolphins. Let's beat teams we're supposed to beat. Let's show the world we're so much more than an awful, tragic moment that defies explanation. Let's get back to talking about the football we play and nothing else. 

On 11/15/2019 at 5:56 PM, Orion said:

I like most of what you said; but let's not make it sound like they only beat Vanderbilt here.  Cleveland beat a team that was 5-4 after they started 0-3.  That tells me they went 5-1 in their last 6 games heading into the match-up. 

We weren't exactly at full strength either at Safety, DE (Vernon was out) and we've missed an experienced veteran at LBer whose teammates though enough of to vote as team captain before he got injured (Kirksey). And when is the last time our 1st round TE suited up to help our red zone dynamics in the passing game?  How many weeks were we missing Randall and both starting corners?  Even if this is just a coincidence, the Browns are 2-0 since Kareem Hunt came off suspension. If we can somehow get another W under our belt before we get our best receiving target back at TE in a week or so, this can be an exciting finish we weren't seeing a few weeks ago if we can clear the hurdle at DE...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

I like most of what you said; but let's not make it sound like they only beat Vanderbilt here.  Cleveland beat a team that was 5-4 after they started 0-3.  That tells me they went 5-1 in their last 6 games heading into the match-up. 

We weren't exactly at full strength either at Safety, DE (Vernon was out) and we've missed an experienced veteran at LBer whose teammates though enough of to vote as team captain before he got injured (Kirksey). And when is the last time our 1st round TE suited up to help our red zone dynamics in the passing game?  How many weeks were we missing Randall and both starting corners?  Even if this is just a coincidence, the Browns are 2-0 since Kareem Hunt came off suspension. If we can somehow get another W under our belt before we get our best receiving target back at TE in a week or so, this can be an exciting finish we weren't seeing a few weeks ago if we can clear the hurdle at DE...

Well....as I understand Njoku is supposed to be back for the Miami game.  In other words, right now basically.

• Thanks 1