THE BROWNS BOARD

Odell Beckham vague on future with Browns amid worst season

Vambo

On 12/6/2019 at 1:18 AM, Tour2ma said:

OBJ can't go anywhere we don't want to send him.

And if he has ideas about acting up to get out, then he needs to ask Antonio Brown how that worked out for him.

obj will not be here next yr.....i'll tell you who he will be with.....the patriots.....no doubt....or possibly a west coast team...my guess, the pats...but he won't be here....

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

This team has a ton of soul-searching to do this offseason.

And growing up to do, too. 

there won't be alot of players or coaches here next yr...so i don't know what kind of soul searching you can do when it looks like another rebuild...what will it be now....20 rebuilds....hahahahahaaaaaa.....

18 hours ago, D Bone said:

Another in a pattern of speaking out and then having to "apologize".

2 hours ago, browns52 said:

there won't be alot of players or coaches here next yr...

Nah.... 63 players same as this year and about 30 coaches....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Another in a pattern of speaking out and then having to "apologize".

Seem to agree with Rex here..Baker needs to learn to "take a few balls" with the media..if your in the recruiting business for Trent Williams,ect.,ect...? that don't help your office 

Agreeing with Rex... ouch, that hurts...

6 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

Why keep putting OBJ on the field for he isn’t any kind of play maker this year. If he is playing injured then why is he out there, if he doesn’t want to be here then sit him. All the prima Donna , drama bs has to go 

Can you play hurt and still qualify to be a prima donna?

On 12/8/2019 at 7:03 PM, bjh2130 said:

I didn't hear that Glazer report. That's very interesting to me.  I don't fully believe it because he and Jarvis are so tight and I really think Jarvis loves it here.  It would be a slap in the face to his best friend.   

As a fan of Jay's, Read with caution what ya see from here on out with Jay Glazer & the Browns... Glazer really wanted that one on one with Garrett 🥊.. The Browns front office, knocked Glazer down, cutting him off..

On 12/5/2019 at 5:12 PM, PoeticG said:

He is signed till 2024. 

He and Landry should be here for awhile. 

Signed through 2024 or not, you don't wan't a disgruntled OBJ on your team regardless. If he's not happy in da Land, trade his @ss. 

OBJ is 25th in rec. yards, and has posted a whopping 2 TDs. He's not worth the $ OR the headaches of him being a attention whore. He should be around top 5 in yards and have 8 TDs by now. It's his worst season in his career.

On 12/9/2019 at 12:11 PM, browns52 said:

obj will not be here next yr.....i'll tell you who he will be with.....the patriots.....no doubt....or possibly a west coast team...my guess, the pats...but he won't be here....

The only way he's back is if he goes off the rest of the year and they win out. Unlikely. 

3 hours ago, Icecube said:

The only way he's back is if he goes off the rest of the year and they win out. Unlikely. 

Only way he is traded is if he pulls a Antonio brown and forces his way out.  The browns will keep him at least one more year. Maybe at the trade deadline next season but I see him getting traded 2021 at the earliest. They are not ready to blow this thing up just yet.  Hell there's still a very real chance they improve their record from last year. Most everyone in here as watched the browns all year and we could all tell the timing and chemistry is not there between 6 and 13. We expected it early because he could barely play in preseason. We expected it to start to develop but it never did and its obvious 13 has only been able to practice 1 day per week.  They will want to see if these guys can develop those things by actually getting reps outside of just 8 targets on Sundays.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

Only way he is traded is if he pulls a Antonio brown and forces his way out.  The browns will keep him at least one more year. Maybe at the trade deadline next season but I see him getting traded 2021 at the earliest. They are not ready to blow this thing up just yet.  Hell there's still a very real chance they improve their record from last year. Most everyone in here as watched the browns all year and we could all tell the timing and chemistry is not there between 6 and 13. We expected it early because he could barely play in preseason. We expected it to start to develop but it never did and its obvious 13 has only been able to practice 1 day per week.  They will want to see if these guys can develop those things by actually getting reps outside of just 8 targets on Sundays.

I don't think he goes all AB, nothing that bad. But I'm not feeling a good vibe. OBJ seems sad.

On 12/7/2019 at 7:25 PM, WarriorsRpussies said:

It's both of them man. Like I said it's fucken sad. Had both of them on fantasy because I thought they would blow the fuck up but and they have costed me dearly (like literal actual money).

You and me both, they killed my fantasy season. Funnily enough, this is the first time I ever drafted Browns players early. There was a game where I only needed 10 pts from both to win, I got -3 from Baker and 6 or 7 from Beckham

16 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So supposedly (and I mean supposedly since I have not seen it) there is video out there of OBJ telling Jimmy Garappolo after the Browns/49ers game "to come and get me"... 

How many first round draft picks should we ask for?   With their record, the 49ers will be drafting quite late....and they will likely be good for at least a couple of more years.    Two first rounders is the minimum.  Plus, let's see...who else?   We could use another good DL.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

How many first round draft picks should we ask for?   With their record, the 49ers will be drafting quite late....and they will likely be good for at least a couple of more years.    Two first rounders is the minimum.  Plus, let's see...who else?   We could use another good DL.

Sounds about right for the 2 years ago OBJ..... not so much for the current version. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

NO team will give up two first rounders considering his play this season. NO ONE. Probably not even 1 first rounder. Maybe a 2 if they are lucky. 

On 12/11/2019 at 9:48 PM, MDDawg said:

You and me both, they killed my fantasy season. Funnily enough, this is the first time I ever drafted Browns players early. There was a game where I only needed 10 pts from both to win, I got -3 from Baker and 6 or 7 from Beckham

Me too Browns players always and I mean always disappoint. I flat out cut Baker, his that awful on fantasy.

On 12/9/2019 at 4:40 PM, 7moses7 said:

Why keep putting OBJ on the field for he isn’t any kind of play maker this year. If he is playing injured then why is he out there, if he doesn’t want to be here then sit him. All the prima Donna , drama bs has to go 

Schobert played injured last year; and did you happen to take inventory of how many fans posted he can't tackle?    Keep in mind, this guy that allegedly can't tackle led the entire NFL in TACKLES in 2017.  So, did he just wake up a terrible tackler 1 day?  OR, is it possible he sucked it up and played injured because he was still the best we had at his position (even if it was at a fraction of his ability)?  That's a team before me kind of guy.  It wasn't his fault we didn't have anyone better than himself playing at 65% of ability.  Now, that he's playing at 100% health again - he sure looks like the same LBer that was added to the 2017 Pro Bowl lineup. 

There was also an inventory of fan opinion in here that refused to understand the injury Jamie Collins was coming back from (preventing him to play at 100% or close to it) - so we got the PFF scores regularly (just like we got the same alleged tell-all for Schobert).  This year is 2 years removed from his injury allowing him to play at 100% health/ability.  He was playing like a defensive MVP over the 1st half of the season according to Tony Dungy and Rodney Harrison. 

When guys suck it up to play through injury (risking further injury to themselves/career) especially when the team was coming off 0-16 football after it went 1-15 the year before that.  There's going to depth issues here preventing us from having better choices than asking them to suck it up and play.  Collins and Schobert couldn't always play in 2018 but they sure gave it a go every chance they could.  And people couldn't wait to post their PFF scores in lieu of disclosing the reasons why.

If OBJ really has had issue with his hip this year, it may very well explain the limited pass routes asked of him (especially the change of direction stuff that made him a star with the Giants).  No problem though, because we have Perriman and Calloway right?  WRONG! Not to worry, we also have the return of a promising chemistry that developed betwen Baker and Higgins right? WRONG!  They're taking care of this in-house at least allegedly... So where does this leave us?   Asking OBJ to take the field at a fraction of what he's capable of. If he refuses to that makes the GM in NY right about him. If he plays?  He's in the same category Schobert and Collins were in when they weren't healthy here. 

While we're at it, Vernon has been injured while Garrett is suspended. So, the depth of it all has us hoping Vernon can us some reps on an injured knee - which would almost be okay if the next 2 QBs  they face wasn't Kyler Murray and Lamar Jackson. No matter how you slice it, when a team invests like they did in Garrett (#1 overall) and the trade for Vernon - replacing both at the same time is a huge drop-off in our line-up.

• Upvote 1

On 12/10/2019 at 5:31 PM, Icecube said:

Have you ever heard of Terrell Owens? The answer is "hell yes."

Yes... and TO was a giant prima donna... but I'm not remembering him playing hurt... as in "sports hernia" hurt. What am I forgetting?

On 12/10/2019 at 11:09 PM, Icecube said:

OBJ seems sad.

So... "not winning" + "feeling underutilized" is supposed to = "happy"?

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yes... and TO was a giant prima donna... but I'm not remembering him playing hurt... as in "sports hernia" hurt. What am I forgetting?

So... "not winning" + "feeling underutilized" is supposed to = "happy"?

I'll tell you what it will equal....leaving Cleveland. Want to bet?

And, you apparently forget: TO PLAYED WITH A BROKEN LEG in the Super Bowl.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/2/3/16964254/terrell-owens-broke-leg-eagles-patriots-super-bowl-2005-hall-of-fame

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

And, you apparently forget: TO PLAYED WITH A BROKEN LEG in the Super Bowl.

Yup... and a lot more important stuff than a 2005 TO injury.

TO broke his fibula, the non-weight bearing of the two lower leg bones 7 weeks before the SB. More impressive is his playing on a surgically repaired ankle.