THE BROWNS BOARD

Kitchens fate?

MDDawg

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

As Dorsey probably would. Problem is- should the Browns get blown out by the Ravens, and then lay an egg against the Bengals the following week- John Boy is going to have a big PR problem hanging on to a coach that 1\2 the National media have been saying all year was a big mistake over his head first time HC.  

Bingo. A few weeks ago it appeared that the Browns would end up 8-8, which is (slightly) better than the 7-8-1 of last season, and there would be those divisional wins vs Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cincinnati. 

If the Browns finish 6-10? Along with all the shenanigans that occurred during this season? Man, that's a tough sell for Dorsey. Literally the only argument for Kitchens at that point would be "you really don't want to fire a head coach AGAIN after one season."

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Kitchens' fate seems to be diabetes. Probably a heart attack incoming at some point, too. 

Unfortunately, he's already had a massive heart attack.  He actually should've died, but he somehow survived.  He's literally a walking miracle.  He should be doing ANYTHING but coaching right now to extend his life, but I guess it's his call.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Unfortunately, he's already had a massive heart attack.  He actually should've died, but he somehow survived.  He's literally a walking miracle.  He should be doing ANYTHING but coaching right now to extend his life, but I guess it's his call.

Is this true?  I am not sure I have heard about that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Is this true?  I am not sure I have heard about that. 

Oh, very true.  There's a good Youtube video about it.  The man should've died while working with the Cards.  He basically blew out a heart valve before practice and had to go through like 10 hours of surgery or something crazy like that.  He got a new valve from a pig and apparently he's doing better.  But he's a miracle walking.

I think this link is the one I'm thinking of, but not totally sure.

On 12/21/2019 at 9:55 AM, BaconHound said:

I'm lukewarm on Freddie at this point.  Unlike others I don't have a ton of problems with his play calling.  Team discipline on the other hand seems to be lacking.  Again, it seems that a lot fans in here continue to hold coaches more responsible than GMs and forgive players almost entirely.  The issues I see.

Baker Mayfield - he hasn't been good.  Not sure about blaming the play calling when he misses guys that are open, doesn't trust throwing guys open, holds the ball to long on certain routes and has consistently missed high.

Offensive Line - Screw John Dorsey.  For a GM to believe this cast of characters would be good enough to compete for a playoff spot is an indictment on that GM.

OBJ Trade - Screw Dorsey again.  Weakened the OL for a guy who appears to be overrated.  OBJs hands have been average at best, doesn't seem to separate as well as one would hope and is still a distraction (watch, visor, does he want to be here)

Secondary - Screw Dorsey once again.  Ward has been good but not to the level of the #4 pick, Williams is awful, Randall is very inconsistent and what's with all the hamstring issues?  Losing Peppers hurt us in the run game so another thanks Dorsey

Attitude - Team is not focused and lacks leadership.  Baker, Landry, Garrett, Ward, OBJ, etc. are not leaders.  Chubb who is clearly 110% of what Cleveland is about and needs, is a quiet guy and doesn't seem like the guiding force.  Freddie doesn't seem capable in this area either.  

On 12/21/2019 at 9:55 AM, BaconHound said:

I'm lukewarm on Freddie at this point.  Unlike others I don't have a ton of problems with his play calling.  Team discipline on the other hand seems to be lacking.  Again, it seems that a lot fans in here continue to hold coaches more responsible than GMs and forgive players almost entirely.  The issues I see.

Baker Mayfield - he hasn't been good.  Not sure about blaming the play calling when he misses guys that are open, doesn't trust throwing guys open, holds the ball to long on certain routes and has consistently missed high.

Offensive Line - Screw John Dorsey.  For a GM to believe this cast of characters would be good enough to compete for a playoff spot is an indictment on that GM.

OBJ Trade - Screw Dorsey again.  Weakened the OL for a guy who appears to be overrated.  OBJs hands have been average at best, doesn't seem to separate as well as one would hope and is still a distraction (watch, visor, does he want to be here)

Secondary - Screw Dorsey once again.  Ward has been good but not to the level of the #4 pick, Williams is awful, Randall is very inconsistent and what's with all the hamstring issues?  Losing Peppers hurt us in the run game so another thanks Dorsey

Attitude - Team is not focused and lacks leadership.  Baker, Landry, Garrett, Ward, OBJ, etc. are not leaders.  Chubb who is clearly 110% of what Cleveland is about and needs, is a quiet guy and doesn't seem like the guiding force.  Freddie doesn't seem capable in this area either.  

i like all your point, but i do believe freddy is not an nfl coach....and all his playcalling is not that good. or his clock mgmt....he lost the game vs. the ravens yesterday with his clock mgmt in the first half...he totally lost that game...and there were others during the season also...he's no good...yeah, as you say, baker was not good either...i wanted to see wentz quarterbacking this team....the guy is a leader....we have zilcho leadership and dorsey, if you look at it...sucks...

I'd be absolutely shocked if Mike McCarthy isn't the coach next year.  I give it 85% McCarthy, and 15% Josh McDaniels.  

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'd be absolutely shocked if Mike McCarthy isn't the coach next year.  I give it 85% McCarthy, and 15% Josh McDaniels.  

McDaniels is a great mind, but I wouldn't trust him. Didn't he back out on a team recently, after a verbal "yes?"

Yep....he backed out on Indianhapless in January 2018. 

Edited by Bob806
Correction
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Prepare to  be shocked  then. Dorsey & Wolf know  exactly  what they'd be getting in Mike, and I  doubt  they'll be interested.  

If you saw the McCarthy  interview,  he essentially has his entire  coaching  staff  in place already,  they've  been hanging out  at Mike's house  for months.  So if you want  Mike the whole  package  comes along for the  ride. Think  Dorsey  will  buy  into  something  like that?  I sure as hell don't. 

Too  early to  speculate,  but I'd  put  better  odds on Greg Williams  coming  back as HC than I  would  on McCarthy  getting  the job. 

We'll  let our Vegas odds shark mjp give us the line on the probability of  Freddie  getting  fired first. Should  he manage to  lose to the Bengals  Sunday,  I'd say they're  prohibitive.  :)

• Like 2

On 12/23/2019 at 9:21 AM, jiggins7919 said:

He didn't have a heart attck...I believe he tore his aorta, which is worse than a heart attack.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

He didn't have a heart attack...I believe he tore his aorta, which is worse than a heart attack.

You're correct 'Peen. Rupture an aorta badly enough, and you bleed to death before they can ever get you to a hospital. Depending on where the leak is, the surgery can be really tricky. 

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

He didn't have a heart attck...I believe he tore his aorta, which is worse than a heart attack.

That's what I meant when I said massive, but I didn't think everyone would really want the details. 😂

On 12/24/2019 at 11:33 AM, hoorta said:

Prepare to  be shocked  then. Dorsey & Wolf know  exactly  what they'd be getting in Mike, and I  doubt  they'll be interested.  

If you saw the McCarthy  interview,  he essentially has his entire  coaching  staff  in place already,  they've  been hanging out  at Mike's house  for months.  So if you want  Mike the whole  package  comes along for the  ride. Think  Dorsey  will  buy  into  something  like that?  I sure as hell don't. 

Too  early to  speculate,  but I'd  put  better  odds on Greg Williams  coming  back as HC than I  would  on McCarthy  getting  the job. 

We'll  let our Vegas odds shark mjp give us the line on the probability of  Freddie  getting  fired first. Should  he manage to  lose to the Bengals  Sunday,  I'd say they're  prohibitive.  :)

I don't know my friend.  Dorsey lost a power struggle in KC.  I get the feeling Dorsey is only interested in hiring a coach he has under his thumb.  I don't think he wants a coach who knows what he wants.  Dorsey wants a coach who takes what he is given.