THE BROWNS BOARD

Kitchens fate?

MDDawg

20 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

Enough is enough, this team QUIT today. Season is done. We're gonna finish 7-9 with one of the best rosters in football. Please FIRE Freddie.......................hopefully before they board the plane to go home.

They won’t beat CINCY if they play like they did today

Was watching the Eagles/Redskins earlier and the Fox announcers were playing up the fact that Urban was watching the game from Dan Browns box. They even had a graphic of the Redskin coaches records. While I don't believe Urban will coach anytime soon. What are the thoughts of him being a Brown?

10 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Answer me this if they finish 6-10 even 7-9 can they justify keeping Freddie as HC ?

the last i looked, this team is still owned by the Haslams..not Dorsey nor Baker can save Gomer's Pyle's 💩 at this point... 

3 hours ago, dusty said:

Was watching the Eagles/Redskins earlier and the Fox announcers were playing up the fact that Urban was watching the game from Dan Browns box. They even had a graphic of the Redskin coaches records. While I don't believe Urban will coach anytime soon. What are the thoughts of him being a Brown?

He's automatically better than this fatass!

Ok it’s time to make a coaching change.  I am very very against making a change just after one year or even two, but Fred’s has got to go.  When a coach takes over a team it is expected to be a little bumpy.  Even if it is bumpy you are supposed to see improvement.  They is no improvement.  Baker has regressed, he keeps throwing the ball high or behind causing tips and ints.  And with the d yeah there are injuries and they have held there own a little but minus Myles they are a mess.  That’s all coaching. Yes they have been screwed by the nfl to many times to count, but the fact of the matter is no improvement.  Fred’s got to go. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kvoethe said:

Baker got figured out from last year...he is too short and has to overthrow because he cant see...flash in the pan...great at commercials tho👍👍

He is not to short that’s silly He is as tall as bres and Wilson that’s not the issue.  One is the time the line gives him they have been terrible all year In pass protection and they are running a Gimmick style offense that doesn’t work.  They biggest thing with the o is not down field attack. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

He is not to short that’s silly He is as tall as bres and Wilson that’s not the issue. 

Unfortunately there are more than plenty of examples to demonstrate that Bakers height does work against him at times.  I've even noted it in the previous Browns v Bengals thread while piggybacking of a well respected NFL youtube analyst.      Breesy and Wilson have their own issues with height at times but adaptation, proper coaching, more intelligently designed offenses and the like have helped them to over come that deficit. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Unfortunately there are more than plenty of examples to demonstrate that Bakers height does work against him at times.  I've even noted it in the previous Browns v Bengals thread while piggybacking of a well respected NFL youtube analyst.      Breesy and Wilson have their own issues with height at times but adaptation, proper coaching, more intelligently designed offenses and the like have helped them to over come that deficit. 

Yes coaching he has not improved 

Blame can go in both directions.

It's been shown that the coaches have not put Baker in the best position to be successful throughout this entire season, and it's been shown that Baker at this point of his career is a somewhat limited QB. 

19 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

And anyone who thinks Freddie is "Safe" at this point is fooling themselves. He will get a mulligan if they get blown out by the Ratbirds next week, but lose to the Bungles week 17, you're one and done.....   

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And anyone who thinks Freddie is "Safe" at this point is fooling themselves. He will get a mulligan if they get blown out by the Ratbirds next week, but lose to the Bungles week 17, you're one and done.....   

You could be very right. 

2 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

.he is too short and has to overthrow

I don't know about too short.....but I've felt the same way, that he has to go up high with his throws so it clears the trees in front of him.

As to this thread theme,  What did Freddy do today to add to the Fire Him side of the ledger?  (...and I don't mean, what did the payers do wrong?)

2 hours ago, Babernakle said:

He is not to short that’s silly He is as tall as bres and Wilson that’s not the issue.  One is the time the line gives him they have been terrible all year In pass protection and they are running a Gimmick style offense that doesn’t work.  They biggest thing with the o is not down field attack. 

He doesn’t move around the pocket This Season like Brees and Wilson.  He’s regressed here actually 

there is hope because he was better at it last year.  

His success moving forward will depend largely upon mechanics and scheme.  

It's time to fire the entire coaching staff...again. This time, bring in an experienced HC ( Rivera ). Baker needs to be pushed....we need to sign another qb, and make Mayfield compete for the starting qb position. He got lazy in the off season, living off his moderate success from 2018. He's lost his fire, and needs to earn his role again.

1 minute ago, BrownsKidd said:

And where is Higgins and Njoku?  Are they busts, problems in the locker room? 

Something has happened regarding both, I'm guessing they are being used as examples, but of what I have no idea. Complete mystery. 

• Upvote 1

I’m fairly dead set against a coaching change right now, but l must admit the team’s uninspiring play the last couple weeks has the seed planted for later pondering.

With my mighty magnifying hindsight binoculars l felt like l saw a few other contributing factors to the less than stellar season we’ve had, none of which are Kitchens’ doing.

Baker’s life changes and commercial success l suspect played a part in him having to resort some things like where his motivation comes from and his leadership role on the team.

The team seemed to use this season to figure out what draft picks they wanted to keep, particularly on the oline and defense. I feel like molding players into Wilks’ scheme was a significant factor in readjusting the team this year.

And the usual rookies learning stuff, injuries happening stuff, and bizarre Brownsian things like Garrett’s goof that we’ve all come to expect but never know where it will come from.

19 hours ago, S_U_P_E_R_B_O_W_L said:

We are going to go 8-8 worst case scenario.  

me thinks not.....6 and 10......this team now lacks any confidence and we are going to get hammered by the ravens as they will celebrate on our home field home field throughout the playoffs....the last game...they will play with a who cares attitude and go to the bank on monday to cash their checks....

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

he ain't safe by any means....obj will probably stay another yr, but if the clowns start off 1 and 3 next yr, this experiment will be over...landry will probably want out also ....the slogan of players go to cleveland to die as obj was told by the gmen is true for the time being....

14 hours ago, nickers said:

Freddie Freeloader is CLUELESS!

i agreed on another thread about freddie coaching next yr as some of the board memebers were saying.....i thought that if they started off 1-3 he should be fired immediately, but now i saw some of his presser from thAT disaster in arizona yesterday saying that he doesn't care about his future....ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME....now i am really pissed...more so than i was before softening up a little on him....i am back to fire the fucking hillbilly today....

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I’m fairly dead set against a coaching change right now, but l must admit the team’s uninspiring play the last couple weeks has the seed planted for later pondering.

With my mighty magnifying hindsight binoculars l felt like l saw a few other contributing factors to the less than stellar season we’ve had, none of which are Kitchens’ doing.

Baker’s life changes and commercial success l suspect played a part in him having to resort some things like where his motivation comes from and his leadership role on the team.

The team seemed to use this season to figure out what draft picks they wanted to keep, particularly on the oline and defense. I feel like molding players into Wilks’ scheme was a significant factor in readjusting the team this year.

And the usual rookies learning stuff, injuries happening stuff, and bizarre Brownsian things like Garrett’s goof that we’ve all come to expect but never know where it will come from.

hate to say this but you are wrong....the discipline factor will never change with the coach we have now....you have to act like the pats do...they don't care how good you are but if you fuck up like garrett did, the pats would have cut his ass the next day regardless of how good he is...they would find a replacement right away and probably be sucessful....this team is full of undisciplined football players and that is not going to chg. unless we get a coach that can instill accountablity...and it all leads to our piece of shit owner....and believe me, he is a piece of shit...