THE BROWNS BOARD

Tobacco purchasing age changed to 21

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Yeah if I want to go through the windshield it should be my choice to weigh the risks. Logically, you should want to use the seat belt but no one should be forcing you to.

Especially when I can ride a motorcycle without a helmet (my choice), but when I get in a car I have to put on a seatbelt. 

• Upvote 1

I'm fine with seatbelt and helmet laws. Hey if you rebels really want to be independent let's say that insurance doesn't have to cover injuries if you're not wearing one. Go bold or go home

But if you haven't got your shit together well enough to decide where they want a beer or a cigarette you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

WSS

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm fine with seatbelt and helmet laws. Hey if you rebels really want to be independent let's say that insurance doesn't have to cover injuries if you're not wearing one. Go bold or go home

But if you haven't got your shit together well enough to decide where they want a beer or a cigarette you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

WSS

I would think that if insurance companies can prove you weren’t wearing the seatbelt that they would try to pay for as little medical as possible. When I worked for DOH, they told us that if they could prove that we weren’t following safety protocols that we could be stuck with our medical bill. So you could choose to not wear a safety vest or a hard hat but no one was paying out when you get brained or clipped by a car.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I would think that if insurance companies can prove you weren’t wearing the seatbelt that they would try to pay for as little medical as possible. When I worked for DOH, they told us that if they could prove that we weren’t following safety protocols that we could be stuck with our medical bill. So you could choose to not wear a safety vest or a hard hat but no one was paying out when you get brained or clipped by a car.

I don't know if contributory negligence comes into play in these cases. It shouldn't be hard to prove whether the guy was wearing a seatbelt. I guess it really depends how libertarian you guys want to be. Small-l libertarian. Frankly there are people under 15 you are perfectly capable of making their own decisions and people over 25 that are not. Someone that truly free Society do we just wipe away all those age-related bans? Or isn't it the choice love somebody to ruin his life as an oxycontin addict? I've no doubt you are familiar with those people.

On the other hand I'm personally offended by the drinking laws just because it put an entire industry out of business here in Northeast Ohio.

(But we should be able to agree that cigarette laws are some of the most hypocritical anywhere. Sure they will kill you sure they stink and sure we pay for a lot of stuff from the taxes so we haven't got the balls to make them against the law in the first place)

WSS

58 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

You know Congressional Democrats signed off on this too...RIGHT?

If J spent every post praising Democrats that rebuttal might actually make sense....

You guys still seem to not grasp this concept. Just because someone disagrees with you on something doesn't mean they're you're ideological opposite in every way. Just because someone calls out Trump, doesn't mean their heads are as far up the Dems asses as yours is Trump's. 

Years later and still, here we are. Smh

We need to have a clear definition of the age we believe someone is considered an adult. If it is age 18 then make it 18 across the board and same with age 21. Right now it is not making sense to have it age 18 on some things and age 21 for others.

When it comes to voting the dems are for lowering the age to 16 knowing that would benefit them (of course).

https://lieu.house.gov/media-center/in-the-news/125-democrats-and-1-republican-vote-lower-voting-age-16

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

If J spent every post praising Democrats that rebuttal might actually make sense....

JB is a good guy he did bring up Trump and that makes the response at least valid. PS speaking of not being able to grasp things I don't think he disagreed with it necessarily.

You guys still seem to not grasp this concept. Just because someone disagrees with you on something doesn't mean they're you're ideological opposite in every way. Just because someone calls out Trump, doesn't mean their heads are as far up the Dems asses as yours is Trump's. 

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It was a bipartisan bill. 

FFS at least acknowledge that much.

4 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

We need to have a clear definition of the age we believe someone is considered an adult. If it is age 18 then make it 18 across the board and same with age 21. Right now it is not making sense to have it age 18 on some things and age 21 for others.

When it comes to voting the dems are for lowering the age to 16 knowing that would benefit them (of course).

https://lieu.house.gov/media-center/in-the-news/125-democrats-and-1-republican-vote-lower-voting-age-16

Remember when Ohio had 3.2 beer for 18 year olds?

I had forgotten that but yeah I remember those days. I also remember telephones on party lines...nothing like carrying on a private conversation with the neighbors able to listen in, or having to wait on a neighbor to finish their call before being able to make a phone call. I remember those days before cable at 1:00 AM the television playing the national anthem and then going to "snow" and off the air until the early morning farm report started off the new day...those were the days LOL..

7 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I had forgotten that but yeah I remember those days. I also remember telephones on party lines...nothing like carrying on a private conversation with the neighbors able to listen in, or having to wait on a neighbor to finish their call before being able to make a phone call. I remember those days before cable at 1:00 AM the television playing the national anthem and then going to "snow" and off the air until the early morning farm report started off the new day...those were the days LOL..

I remember watching Roy Rogers and Have Gun Will Travel on our b&w TV. There wasn't any color tv ...wasn't invented yet.