THE BROWNS BOARD

2020 Opponents

Tour2ma

5 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I think I may do that one as well.  Haven't been to an away game for a few years since I "road trip" up to 6-7 home games a year.  I plan on selling some tickets this year.  I plan on selling the Steelers and Colts games.  I know Steeler fans travel and figure there will be plenty of Colts fans looking for tickets.  I had this thing about not wanting visiting fans sitting in my seats.  Screw that, Browns fans don't buy the seats.  I am putting them on the ticket exchange and make some money.  I don't care who sits in them.

I may consider it myself if a group is going.   Depends on when it is scheduled. I have a couple of Sundays booked with a trip to Utah....mid to late Oct.  Daughter living in SA....I could go see her....or have her come see me.  She liked it last year (2018) when I went to Houston. (though earlier in the year next I am driving down there to SA...then to Houston....for wedding/cruise) 

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

:D just don't  invite  the relatives.  My probable  road trip. 

lol... if it's on Thanksgiving, that's exactly what I have in mind.

Son-in-law is a 'Boyz fan... daughter is a Browns fan... of course... Grandkids are a mix... but I'll front you a ticket as well, H... and save you a seat wherever we sit down for the pre/post-game meal.

If it's not a T-day game, it'll just be me and the wife so rendezvous will be easy.

In either case all bets are off if you bring Gipper as your date...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Mine too with a bit of fortune from the schedulers. Hopefully see you there and this time we can actually have a beer together !

Our McDonalds don't sell beer... ;)

See above... same deal applies to you.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Son-in-law is a 'Boyz fan... daughter is a Browns fan... of course... Grandkids are a mix... but I'll front you a ticket as well, H... and save you a seat wherever we sit down for the pre/post-game meal.

If it's not a T-day game, it'll just be me and the wife so rendezvous will be easy.

No,  I will be your blind date.  

And I will expect you to put out.  

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

I finally  reached that level of  apathy  this year too  'Peen. When I  can't  hardly  give  away tickets to the relatives,  I  reached the  "screw  it" level too. 

Don't  look at  it as a way to make  money  though.  More like cut your losses. The Rams and Steelers  games were selling  for  well  above face  value,  but some others  were getting  50 cents on a dollar,  and the Bengals game didn't  sell  at all. :(

That is why I am putting them up early.  I figure both of those games will sell above face to loyal fans.  Loyal fans of other teams who can make the easy trip.  

I don't consider it apathy...at least on my part and don't think that of you.  I think that of the many people I know on boards who talk Browns all day but when it comes to going to games....no, they don't go to games.  Same for the many more I don't know.  I no longer look to put Browns fans in my seats, I am looking for other team colors.  That is who is going to buy them.

My wording may have been too sharp.  I don't look at it as a way to make money.  That's not the intent, but I know Steeler fans will pay over face to get in the door.  I am thinking the same for Indy.  I may even give up the opener, there is always some degree of excitement for that one.  My being a fan isn't predicated on winning.

On 12/30/2019 at 9:58 PM, Orion said:

...and it wasn't even an INT.  lol    One of his arms was so bad that day that he couldn't even lift it hardly.

Thanks for the laughs.  Anything after Eric Turner was gravy anyway; so don't worry about the date or what holiday it was or even what type of turnover it was.  He's a fond memory any way you look at it.

Remember when NE's Ben Coates was Drew Bledsoe's go to guy? Bill Belicheck put Eric Turner on him to shut him out in our playoff W over NE. That was real good stuff! 

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'm cleaning coffee (that was in my mouth once upon a time) off my laptop as we speak. 

20 minutes ago, hoorta said:

That may be possible,  the three of us  + you in Dallas.  :)

Gotta wait til mid April when the schedule is out to see if it conflicts with other plans.   October 25 is out.  But the couple of Sundays before and after that date could be possible.    And no, Thanksgiving would not work....unless I made it a family affair by bringing my wife along, and having my daughter come up. (My wife would have NO interest in going to the game....daughter would though).  Though the concept is interesting, but my wife's work schedule could be prohibitive.  School requires her to work all the way through Wed. afternoon....and no way do we want to fly that Wed. evening.  (and she would NOT call off that day)

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'd pay good money to sit by Tour and Gipper for a game. 

That would be gold, Jerry. 

How much ?  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

No, dates are not set but schedule is. 

Home

Pitt - L. I think Ben will be back, and WR and RB units won't be so beat up like 2019. Conner, Snell, rookie at RB and JuJu, Johnson, Washington at WR. D is verging on top 5. 

Cinci - W. May improve, but they are so bad. 

Balt - L. They will probably be tough all season, after upset playoff loss. 

Colts - W. Indy isn't bad, but not that good either.

Eagles - L. Maybe weirdest team in the NFL. So unpredictable, but well coached with a lot of talent  but WR unit lacking.

Raiders - W. God only knows how good the Raiders will be.

Skins - Riverboat Ron will boost them to a 9-7 type team. W.

Texans - L. Watson can ball.

Away

Pitt - L.

Cinci - W

Balt - L.

Dal - McCarthy will get 10+ wins out of them. L

NYG - W.

Jags - W. Still no QB and Morone still HC.

Jets - L. I believe they are up and coming. 

TN - L. Vrable is the real deal. 

So, it's looking like 8-8 and a lot of fans would be OK with that.

7 minutes ago, Icecube said:

No, dates are not set but schedule is. 

Home

Pitt - L. I think Ben will be back, and WR and RB units won't be so beat up like 2019. Conner, Snell, rookie at RB and JuJu, Johnson, Washington at WR. D is verging on top 5. 

Cinci - W. May improve, but they are so bad. 

Balt - L. They will probably be tough all season, after upset playoff loss. 

Colts - W. Indy isn't bad, but not that good either.

Eagles - L. Maybe weirdest team in the NFL. So unpredictable, but well coached with a lot of talent  but WR unit lacking.

Raiders - W. God only knows how good the Raiders will be.

Skins - Riverboat Ron will boost them to a 9-7 type team. W.

Texans - L. Watson can ball.

Away

Pitt - L.

Cinci - W

Balt - L.

Dal - McCarthy will get 10+ wins out of them. L

NYG - W.

Jags - W. Still no QB and Morone still HC.

Jets - L. I believe they are up and coming. 

TN - L. Vrable is the real deal. 

So, it's looking like 8-8 and a lot of fans would be OK with that.

You have it as 7-9.