THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns to interview McCarthy

Neo

Coaching scraps...like I said a week ago...

What experienced coach would come here to an owner with a quick trigger finger???

Haslem should run an amusement park that only has Carousels in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I was under the impression the McDaniels interview had been moved up. Apparently not.

WSS

That was the rumor.  Heard it’s Friday as oringinally scheduled.

McDaniel is going to New York which I think is an awful spot now that they have Gettleman. 

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Word is that McCarthy wants Dick Nolan as his DC???

Christ... he was Tom Landry's DC!

BRING BACK THE FLEX!!!!

I believe that was Ernie Stautner that gave us the Flex defense.

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

That was the rumor.  Heard it’s Friday as oringinally scheduled.

McDaniel is going to New York which I think is an awful spot now that they have Gettleman. 

LOL, No reason for  McDaniels to go to  NY now. The Yankees  have a  Judge, and now the Giants  do  too.  Curious  hire to  say the least.  But then it's  Gettleman calling the  shots there.

Look at  it this way,  we get our  pick of the best of the leftovers.  Some  would say table  scraps.  

34 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL, No reason for  McDaniels to go to  NY now. The Yankees  have a  Judge, and now the Giants  do  too.  Curious  hire to  say the least.  But then it's  Gettleman calling the  shots there.

Look at  it this way,  we get our  pick of the best of the leftovers.  Some  would say table  scraps.  

Except I did not view the people left to choose from any less than Rivera or McCarthy.  Not really.  And never heard of Joe Judge.  I do have a friend named John Judge, who is the CEO of First Energy Solutions...which operates a couple of Nuclear Power Plants.     Joe and John have similar duties:  avoiding a meltdown....or, recovering from one. 

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

... New York which I think is an awful spot now that they have Gettleman.  

I know that's the popular take, but I don't get it. His two-year stint as GM has been pretty good.

Many thought he got the better of Dorsey in their dealings.... he's rebuilt their OL... racked up two pretty solid drafts including some Day 3 hits like Slayton.

Granted that the jury is still out on Jones and now he's added what will be seen as a risky reach of a HC hiring, but overall his job performance seems pretty decent.

Read an article along the above lines a few days ago, that I'll post if I come across it.

16 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Coaching scraps...like I said a week ago...

What experienced coach would come here to an owner with a quick trigger finger???

Haslem should run an amusement park that only has Carousels in it.

hah ha ha ha....good one...we don't want mcdaniels....believe me...you don't want him....he will be a 2 and out...however that is all that is left...no one wants to come here that is any good...haslem has created a sewer shit hole.....and kvoethe, i don't believe he could even run an amusement park....something bad would happen like a roller coaster derailment ..because of poor mtc mgmt....it would happen....

35 minutes ago, Neo said:

Can somebody close this thread as McCarthy is no longer in play and was derailed a long time ago.

OK- if it will make you happy- done.  :)  Now start a thread "Who are the Browns going to name the next Head Coach".  

• Thanks 1

• hoorta locked this topic