THE BROWNS BOARD

Meyer as HC and GM

MLD Woody

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Sure WTF,    repeat history.      Last coach to jump Ohio State  to the Cleveland Browns worked out all right....to the tune of 7 Championships. 

Nothing else has worked.

I would  worry about the  brain cyst, and how that would  affect Urban long term.  Sort of  surprised  he's  only 55 though. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

They were good the last 4 years of his life. He made Ozzie GM when they moved to BLT.

Unretire Ozzie,  come home. Cleveland  needs you.

17 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Hell, he can’t even beat the Buckeyes.

The college game is different than the NFL. For example How many spread read options do you see in the NFL? It has gone up, but I bet there is as many in one college game than there is in an entire week in the NFL 

8 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

The college game is different than the NFL. For example How many spread read options do you see in the NFL? It has gone up, but I bet there is as many in one college game than there is in an entire week in the NFL 

If the subject is Jim Harbaugh....then I too think that he perhaps could make a better pro coach than college coach.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Do you think Hairball would leave his $7 million a year job, where he gets to pick his players?

16 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Do you think Hairball would leave his $7 million a year job, where he gets to pick his players?

He might. It could depend on the heat he's getting from the alumni association at scUM.

I do think he's a good coach. Turned Stanford and the 49ers around, not sure why he struggles in the Big 10. 

If he does come toCleveland, bring Peppers back here please. We need guys who like to tackle.

18 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

He has a tendency to wear out his welcome where ever he is. Read multiple reports about how their wasn't a wet eye in Stanford and San Francisco when he left. Who knows, the shine on TTUN for Harbaugh might be dimming? 

3 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I do think he's a good coach. Turned Stanford and the 49ers around, not sure why he struggles in the Big 10. 

Because Ohio State is in a completely different stratosphere than the rest of the Big Ten, year in and year out. The talent in Columbus is staggeringly better than in Ann Arbor, and he's struggled to catch up. 

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

They weren’t playing on his dime. Remember? Your a fan of his.  

Then whose dime was it?

And, yes... I was a fan... of Ozzie.

35 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Who knows, the shine on TTUN for Harbaugh might be dimming? 

How can it not be? I have a feeling today's Citrus Bowl is important to his future.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Unretire Ozzie,  come home. Cleveland  needs you.

Man I like this thought 👍... we all might find out, if one of Ozzie's former Ravens coordinator gets to a Haslams interview.. 

6 hours ago, Bob806 said:

He might. It could depend on the heat he's getting from the alumni association at scUM.

If he does come toCleveland, bring Peppers back here please. We need guys who like to tackle.

careful now

He "struggles" mainly because at the end of the year we have an elite team in the middle of their best run ever. He's been playing from behind and trying to close the gap. Throw in some just unlucky breaks, and here we are (inb4 any of the crazy/idiot buckeye fans jump in and say  some nonsense). It will be interesting to see if Day can maintain what Meyer built.

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He has a tendency to wear out his welcome where ever he is. Read multiple reports about how their wasn't a wet eye in Stanford and San Francisco when he left. Who knows, the shine on TTUN for Harbaugh might be dimming? 

There were also many fans now happy with ownership in SF for running Harbaugh out of town essentially. Frank Gore was a big fan of Jim. 

He pushes players to be the best, constantly. That doesn't sit well with some NFL players that are themselves adults and being paid millions. It is what it is.

It would be interesting to see how Meyer performs in the NFL. He clearly knows a ton about football. Watch him on Fox or anywhere else. He's a student of the game.

One advantage he had though in college was that he  could get the best players (like Saban). It's an advantage to go into most games with better talent. That's part of being a college coach though, recruiting. It just doesn't play a factor in the NFL. (and if you know anything about his time at Florida, there's a lot of unsavoury stuff that went on there that helped get that talent... of course, again, he won't have to worry about that in the NFL. Won't have to worry about the Zach Smith issue either. Etc.)

It would be purely if he wants to show off his technical coaching chops and to go down as one of the best ever. 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

They've come to grips with being an also-ran?

No. Anyone that is reasonable understands bowls don't mean much. Didn't help we were matched up against one of the most talented teams in the country, because Michigan always gets pushed up the bowl picks  because our alumni/fans bring money. 

Plus, if anyone actually watched the bowl game and know what they're looking at, it wasn't as bad as the score. We led at half, Bama pulled away late and scored again at the end (no issues there, Najee's last game, let him score). The gameplan was good and the play made sense. Shea missed too many passes deep, too many mistakes at critical times, and Bama's elite palyers (namely Judy) showed why they were elite. It would have been fantastic to win but even that really wouldn't have mattered. 

All we have to deal with now is an offseason of stupid hot takes from people that don't actually know anything and just want to get clicks on articles/videos. Oh well. 

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

No. Anyone that is reasonable understands bowls don't mean much. Didn't help we were matched up against one of the most talented teams in the country, because Michigan always gets pushed up the bowl picks  because our alumni/fans bring money. 

Plus, if anyone actually watched the bowl game and know what they're looking at, it wasn't as bad as the score. We led at half, Bama pulled away late and scored again at the end (no issues there, Najee's last game, let him score). The gameplan was good and the play made sense. Shea missed too many passes deep, too many mistakes at critical times, and Bama's elite palyers (namely Judy) showed why they were elite. It would have been fantastic to win but even that really wouldn't have mattered. 

All we have to deal with now is an offseason of stupid hot takes from people that don't actually know anything and just want to get clicks on articles/videos. Oh well. 

It was a competitive game for the first half, for sure.

But here's the rub... TTUN brings in Harbaugh to break the stranglehold that Ohio State has on the Big Ten and them specifically. Do you honestly think TTUN is any closer to Ohio State than the day he walked on to campus? How many seasons has he had? Four? Five? 

I might break your balls for fun Woody about this every once in a while, but I think you also know I can be objective about these two teams too. I'm not saying this to be a Buckeye homer, it is honestly what I see. Like how honestly I'm wicked jealous that the majority of Steelers fans HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED A STEELERS HEAD COACH BEING FIRED IN THEIR INBRED, MOTHERFUCKING LIVES. 😆

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

It was a competitive game for the first half, for sure.

But here's the rub... TTUN brings in Harbaugh to break the stranglehold that Ohio State has on the Big Ten and them specifically. Do you honestly think TTUN is any closer to Ohio State than the day he walked on to campus? How many seasons has he had? Four? Five? 

I might break your balls for fun Woody about this every once in a while, but I think you also know I can be objective about these two teams too. I'm not saying this to be a Buckeye homer, it is honestly what I see. Like how honestly I'm wicked jealous that the majority of Steelers fans HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED A STEELERS HEAD COACH BEING FIRED IN THEIR INBRED, MOTHERFUCKING LIVES. 😆

I know man. You're one of the good/sane ones. I appreciate that 

But 1000% yes we're closer than we were under Hoke. It isn't even close. Anyone that follows Michigan football closely knows that. All but maybe 5 teams in the country would have problems with OSU. We easily could have (refs, nonsense, cough) won in 2016. Had a great gameplan the next year but a terrible 3rd string QB. We're beating the teams we should, MSU is gone, our OL depth is back, etc. I could go into all of the details if needed but yes we are very clearly in a much better spot. (regardless of what stupid trolls on here might yell)

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Harbaugh's problem is he can't beat Ohio State. I'll let Woody opine on how long the big buck alums are going to let him get away with that. 

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Then whose dime was it?

How can it not be? I have a feeling today's Citrus Bowl is important to his future.

Michigan got squeezed like a grapefruit. 

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I believe that the Big Ten should adopt a bowl game policy:   We will not send our teams to play bowl games in the home territory of the league they are playing.   It seems that every year they are playing bowl games vs. say SEC teams that are played in SEC territory....Florida/Louisiana etc. etc.

They should say:   We will play  Pac 12 teams in SEC territory.....and we will play  SEC teams in Pac 12 territory, but we will not play those teams in their home territory.   If those other leagues don't like it...they can schedule bowl game between themselves.   They WOULD have to accept that deal, because the Big Ten is what brings in the out of state tourists to those games. 

16 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Then whose dime was it?

You told me you like art for setting up the current Afcn. That’s when I lost my respect for you. Get any mirrors as gifts?

You don’t remember the tarmac meet? Or how artsy farts was the nfl owner that lost money? Or telling me how much adoration you have for him setting up the afcn as it is. 
the nfl was going to take the team from your hero for the way he bled money.  You admire him but aren’t a fan.... lol

On 12/31/2019 at 7:35 PM, Canton Dawg said:

I never thought I would wish Randy Lerner still owned the team! 🤪

They’re the same ilk. Spoiled rotten kids with billionaire dads. Neither started a successful business. But got the keys handed to them by daddy. The successful teams do seem to be run by self made business people.