THE BROWNS BOARD

Grossi hilariously makes an ass out of himself again

jbluhm86

Missing the punchline there, John...

Love the "two sources" bit...

Cleveland Browns rumors: Team talking to Canadian Football League coach

by Nick Dudukovich 1 day ago

The search could get interesting for the Cleveland Browns, as rumors indicate the team has talked to a Canadian Football League coach.

Look for Cleveland Browns rumors to heat up this week, with Josh McDaniels interviewing today and Kevin Stefanski to come later in the week.

That said, there was an interesting nugget involving the Browns talking to Canadian Football League coach Ryan Dinwiddie.

The report comes from TheLandonDemand.com’s Tony Grossi (subscription), who cited two anonymous sources as stating the Browns are indeed talking to the Toronto Argonauts coach. Interestingly, Dinwiddie just got the gig in Toronto. He was previously employed as a quarterbacks coach for the Calgary franchise.

The 39-year-old was a quarterback during his college days at Boise State and spent a couple of seasons on the Chicago Bears practice squad.

It’s important to note that while the Browns have talked to Dinwiddie, they have not reached out to interview him, according to Grossi.

“Sometimes you interview guys out of curiously,” Grossi’s source said. “I don’t think Jimmy [Haslam] would let them do something like that. But he is open-minded.”

https://factoryofsadness.co/2020/01/06/cleveland-browns-rumors-team-talking-canadian-coach/

Not sure why you think this makes Grossi look like an ass.....unless you are saying he completely made this up.  Which I do not believe for a moment.  Now, maybe someone from the Browns there is feeding him a line of horseshit....but if those guys have been reputable sources in the past about things....then it is they who are the asshats and not Grossi. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Not sure why you think this makes Grossi look like an ass.....unless you are saying he completely made this up.  Which I do not believe for a moment.  Now, maybe someone from the Browns there is feeding him a line of horseshit....but if those guys have been reputable sources in the past about things....then it is they who are the asshats and not Grossi. 

Gip- seriously. Grossi ran with it without checking it out.  :D  

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Gip- seriously. Grossi ran with it without checking it out.  :D  

Uhm,  the article said that this was confirmed by two sources within the Browns.  If you have 2 ...supposedly knowledgeable sources telling you the same thing, how is that "not checking it out".      Just curious.

I am not here to defend Grossi,   but if any journalist has 2 inside sources telling you the same thing, why would that not be something to run with in an article? 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Uhm,  the article said that this was confirmed by two sources within the Browns.  If you have 2 ...supposedly knowledgeable sources telling you the same thing, how is that "not checking it out".      Just curious.

I am not here to defend Grossi,   but if any journalist has 2 inside sources telling you the same thing, why would that not be something to run with in an article? 

Could it be  the "inside sources" fed Tony a line of bull? IIRC, Grossi no longer  has any inside sources  after he got  sent  packing  by the Plain Dealer. 

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Could it be  the "inside sources" fed Tony a line of bull? IIRC, Grossi no longer  has any inside sources  after he got  sent  packing  by the Plain Dealer. 

That is my point...if his insiders feed him a line of bull...yet they have been reliable in the past...it would not be on him.  And I don't agree with the latter. No matter what company's badge he has had on his lapel, he has still covered this team continuously for all these years.  I don't think those sources give a rat's ass who he gets his paychecks from. Hell, with websites growing...it is a long way from the day that the team was only covered by the beat writers from 3 local papers. 

Just now, The Gipper said:

That is my point...if his insiders feed him a line of bull...yet they have been reliable in the past...it would not be on him.  And I don't agree with the latter. No matter what company's badge he has had on his lapel, he has still covered this team continuously for all these years.  I don't think those sources give a rat's ass who he gets his paychecks from. Hell, with websites growing...it is a long way from the day that the team was only covered by the beat writers from 3 local papers. 

Well I  noticed  Tony started  a Land on Demand pay website. Seriously.  Not buying.  There's far better stuff  out there if you want to  pay money for  inside  info. :)

Just now, hoorta said:

Well I  noticed  Tony started  a Land on Demand pay website. Seriously.  Not buying.  There's far better stuff  out there if you want to  pay money for  inside  info. :)

Not necessarily.  That is the WKNR site.  They are an ESPN affiliate.    They advertise that all day and all night on that station.   Since the Plain Dealer thing.....he has written for ESPN.com..and  this is really simply be a continuation of his ESPN work. So, it is an ESPN entity...and what better name in sports can you have than that? 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Or you know he made up the fact he had 2 inside sources and his 1 "inside source" was the guy trolling him. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Not necessarily.  That is the WKNR site.  They are an ESPN affiliate.    They advertise that all day and all night on that station.   Since the Plain Dealer thing.....he has written for ESPN.com..and  this is really simply be a continuation of his ESPN work. So, it is an ESPN entity...and what better name in sports can you have than that? 

Not really bashing Tony- but he got trolled with  a phony story.   Probably not to only reporter that's happened to. 

Yeah, he does have a press pass and the ESPN contacts to work with, so he's not totally unreliable. But there's probably around a dozen other guys (like Lane Adkins et al) who are more connected than he is.... And I do find Grossi interesting when he's sitting in on Red Zone with Donovan and Dieken.  

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I think most of you guys worry way too much about who writes a story.....and little about the story itself sometimes. 

Well, it was pretty easy to create an unfounded rumor. I hope no one puts 100% credence in a lot of articles, like the unfounded Lincoln Riley rumor that just sprouted...  Some reporters are more credible than others. Or you forget MKC's unabashed love affair with Jimmy Garoppolo?   

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

I don’t know why anyone would pay for that site. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well, it was pretty easy to create an unfounded rumor. I hope no one puts 100% credence in a lot of articles, like the unfounded Lincoln Riley rumor that just sprouted...  Some reporters are more credible than others. Or you forget MKC's unabashed love affair with Jimmy Garoppolo?   

The Lincoln Riley thing came from several  ESPN talking heads on the TV this morning.   What they said was that the Browns SHOULD interview...and hire Riley.....that was just their personal opinions.   Though none  actually reported that that was what the Browns were going to do.  Just that it is what they wanted the Browns to do. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Some of us make almost the exact same comments about a situation like 3 hours after someone else made the same comments. 

Some of us don't understand sarcasm.... or some of us think someone is saying the same thing as us when they are repeating a comment when they can't believe there absurdity of it. 

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

or some of us think someone is saying the same thing as us when they are repeating a comment when they can't believe there absurdity of it. 

Ding Ding Ding... We have a WINNER!

Would have also accepted "the irony of such a post by someone who consistently believes the last thing he reads."

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Ding Ding Ding... We have a WINNER!

Would have also accepted "the irony of such a post by someone who consistently believes the last thing he reads."

No...you are just a  lollygagger  who thinks of the same thought that I do, only you do it hours later.   If you were not such a gutless punk to have put me on ignore, you would see my posts and then not have to mimic them like a parrot.

3 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Some of us don't understand sarcasm.... or some of us think someone is saying the same thing as us when they are repeating a comment when they can't believe there absurdity of it. 

No, there is no sarcasm in this instance. He does not deserve that kind of credit.   Tour just comes in late with ideas that I have had hours before and that I have posted and then moved on from.  He sissies out and puts me on ignore so has not seen what I have already said .  I mean, in reality, his arrogance would not really allow him to be my harlequin....if he realized that that is what he is. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No, there is no sarcasm in this instance. He does not deserve that kind of credit.   Tour just comes in late with ideas that I have had hours before and that I have posted and then moved on from.  He sissies out and puts me on ignore so has not seen what I have already said .  I mean, in reality, his arrogance would not really allow him to be my harlequin....if he realized that that is what he is. 

The hypocrisy of you calling someone else arrogant is astounding. The "...lol..." definitely indicates he's laughing at the idea of the original statement. 

• Thanks 1