THE BROWNS BOARD

So, who would you pick as the next HC ?

tinythinker

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Actually,  people in the music industry...including drummers  that I know and trust disagree with you...especially about Ringo.  They say he was in fact a master technician.   And see my other post....Rolling Stones experts rated both Ringo and Watts over Fleetwood.  Though, perhaps all that is somewhat subjective. I do think Fleetwood is great. 

I’m in the “Ringo wasn’t all that” camp. Probably the luckiest drummer ever to fall into that group, but if l understand correctly he was key to keeping the Beatles machine moving by keeping tensions down amongst Lennon and McCarthy.

Big Fleetwood Mac fan myself. I literally think side A of Rumors (yes, l play records) is the greatest side A ever. Ever! 

I doubt many have heard of the band Valient Thorr, a hard rocking metalish band from NC, but their first drummer named Lucien Thorr (they do that goofy thing where they adopt Thorr as their last name like the Ramones did) was among the most amazing and technical drummers l’ve ever seen. Wow he was good. 

He kinda had that Bonham vibe where you heard the beats and rolls and such, but you weren’t terribly sure what sequence drums were being hit to produce those sounds. 

Is Dave Brubeck’s drummer still alive?

On 1/14/2020 at 5:55 PM, Tour2ma said:

Billy Cobham... started following him in his Mahavishnu Orchestra days... power, control and complete limb independence. He's my top dog.

Good call there. I probably have some of his work as l have a fee Miles Davis albums. What proper record collector doesn’t? Some of those older jazz drummers basically reinvented the art of drumming. 4 on the floor for sure. 

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I’m in the “Ringo wasn’t all that” camp. Probably the luckiest drummer ever to fall into that group, but if l understand correctly he was key to keeping the Beatles machine moving by keeping tensions down amongst Lennon and McCarthy.

I will defer to the experts that I know both personally, and at publications like Rolling Stone , who disagree. 

13 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Is Dave Brubeck’s drummer still alive?

Alas, no... Joe Morello passed about 10 years ago... good thought tho... stash it with Krupa, RIch, Moon, Shaughnessy and others for another time.

19 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I have literally read this probably 2 dozen times and have convinced myself that it’s simply too deep for me to understand. I like it. The helplessness disturbs me. I want there to be hope.

Literally and probably in the same sentence! No wonder it's confusing. 😁

Somebody hijacked the thread into to some sort of "my favorite bands are better than your favorite bands: or some such shit.

I just said it with generational.  Whoever turned you on to music when you were at that age.

WSS

49 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Literally and probably in the same sentence! No wonder it's confusing. 😁

Somebody hijacked the thread into to some sort of "my favorite bands are better than your favorite bands: or some such shit.

I just said it with generational.  Whoever turned you on to music when you were at that age.

WSS

Pink Floyd