THE BROWNS BOARD

Chinese Bio lab located in Wuhan where corona virus started.........

Fatality rate now at 3.4 percent of people who catch it:

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director general of the World Health Organization, delivered new fatality rates for COVID-19 at a press conference Tuesday

MW-HZ220_Corona_20200129092723_ZH.jpg?uuGetty Images
Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died, WHO says.

As the COVID-19 spreads, scientists are learning more about the disease’s fatality rate.

“Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died,” Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director general of the World Health Organization, said at a press briefing in Geneva. That’s more than previous estimates that hovered around 2% and the influenza fatality rate of less than 1%.

Tedros said last week the fatality rate in Wuhan, China, considered the epicenter of the outbreak, is between 2% and 4%. Outside of Wuhan, it is thought to be closer to 0.7%, although some estimates put it at closer to 2%. The epidemic is “affecting countries in different ways,” he added.

There were 92,818 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and more than 3,100 deaths, primarily in China’s Hubei Province, and nine reported deaths in the U.S., according to a the latest tally published by the Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering’s Centers for Systems Science and Engineering.

Just how deadly is the virus? The medical journal JAMA released this paper analyzing data from the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention on 72,314 coronavirus cases in mainland China, the figure as of Feb. 11, the largest such sample in a study of this kind.

The sample’s overall case-fatality rate was 2.3%, in line with the earlier global estimates for the virus. No deaths occurred in those aged 9 years and younger, but cases in those aged 70 to 79 years had an 8% fatality rate and those aged 80 years and older had a fatality rate of 14.8%.

image.png.f1bac4c76568f16de03c6cd61d23e6a0.png

https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/feds-to-investigate-kirklands-life-care-center-as-death-toll-rises

I don't know about the rest of the Country, but from my wife's info I can tell you that the care in this State is pathetic.

I have made her quit lucrative positions due to the environment/lack of ethics support at various facilities in the area - it really is abysmal.

The biggest problem is the huge shortage of qualified Health Care Professionals in the area, they essentially have to hire any warm body they can find.

Need a secure job ?

Go into the Health Care profession, they're hiring Trailer Trash and worse because there aren't enough people too do what is needed.

I lost my Mother in the past couple of years due too pretty much the same incompetence (in Ohio) as I'm seeing here (WA).

Don't think because we have a thousand plus miles of Geographic location that ya'll don't have the same issue.

Maybe not too the same degree, but it's not going to improve any time soon.

When you refer to Health Care profession, I would say we have excellent doctors and nurses (RN and above) here in Cleveland.  I believe you are referring to what are called STNA (State Tested Nursing Assistants) or HA's (Health Aides).  They are the ones who do the dirty work.  Bathe, clean up after using the bed pan, turn patients, move them, etc.  They don't get paid much probably just a few bucks an hour over minimum wage, and have a high turn over rate.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Fatality rate now at 3.4 percent of people who catch it:

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director general of the World Health Organization, delivered new fatality rates for COVID-19 at a press conference Tuesday

MW-HZ220_Corona_20200129092723_ZH.jpg?uuGetty Images
Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died, WHO says.

As the COVID-19 spreads, scientists are learning more about the disease’s fatality rate.

“Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died,” Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director general of the World Health Organization, said at a press briefing in Geneva. That’s more than previous estimates that hovered around 2% and the influenza fatality rate of less than 1%.

Tedros said last week the fatality rate in Wuhan, China, considered the epicenter of the outbreak, is between 2% and 4%. Outside of Wuhan, it is thought to be closer to 0.7%, although some estimates put it at closer to 2%. The epidemic is “affecting countries in different ways,” he added.

There were 92,818 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and more than 3,100 deaths, primarily in China’s Hubei Province, and nine reported deaths in the U.S., according to a the latest tally published by the Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering’s Centers for Systems Science and Engineering.

Just how deadly is the virus? The medical journal JAMA released this paper analyzing data from the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention on 72,314 coronavirus cases in mainland China, the figure as of Feb. 11, the largest such sample in a study of this kind.

The sample’s overall case-fatality rate was 2.3%, in line with the earlier global estimates for the virus. No deaths occurred in those aged 9 years and younger, but cases in those aged 70 to 79 years had an 8% fatality rate and those aged 80 years and older had a fatality rate of 14.8%.

3.4 of the CONFIRMED cases which means the 5x as many people with UNCONFIRMED cases aren't being accounted for. 

• Upvote 1

9 Times The Media Weaponized Coronavirus Coverage To Attack Trump

Mainstream media outlets from the New York Times to CNN, wasted no time placing the blame for the coronavirus at the feet of President Trump

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/02/9-times-the-media-weaponized-coronavirus-coverage-to-attack-trump/

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Cruise ship is held off at sea after California man dies from coronavirus less than 2 weeks after his trip

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/05/health/california-coronavirus-cruise-ship-thursday/index.html

*** I think anyone taking a cruise right now is just asking for trouble. 

and New York City..

https://www.theblaze.com/news/new-york-officials-order-1-000-quarantined-fearing-possible-contact-with-coronavirus-patients