THE BROWNS BOARD

Chinese Bio lab located in Wuhan where corona virus started.........

We haven't had a nice scare from the media like this since ebola and (insert animal) flu was going to kill us all. Bummer for shittier countries but diseases like this don't kill us.

The dirty ass junkies around here caused a spread of coronavirus and Hep A around these parts a few years ago. My wife volunteered at a facility for drug addicted babies and several of the babies had a strain of coronavirus. They all lived because we don't live in an awful country with people piled on top of each other.

eh.... good time to consider stocking up on some things from the grocery, etc.

If it does hit over here, out of immediate control - near a town near you...

ya won't want to be running to the mall etc. to buy stuff.

Study shows HOW many millions could die around the world???

https://www.theblaze.com/news/medical-simulation-shows-shocking-number-of-people-could-die-of-coronavirus-in-just-18-months

29 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/medical-simulation-shows-shocking-number-of-people-could-die-of-coronavirus-in-just-18-months

Don't worry, logics wife volunteered at a facility where babies had it (but not nearly  the same virus).

17 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

That is a good idea. The last flu pandemic was 100 years ago and when you read about what happened then you realize just how serious a flu pandemic can be. I don't know how this will play out but there is potential for this to be a crisis serious situation. The experts have been saying for years we are due for a flu pandemic on a scale like we had 100 years ago. Not a time to hit the panic button yet but a good idea to keep an eye on  this (it's spread into the US) and taking some precautions (storing can goods, medical supplies and water for instance) in case we do get into quarantine situations is wise.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3291398/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

even a localized breakout of some disease like this one - bad idea to go to the doctor's office or local emergency room...

or restaurant or laundromat ....grocery....

at least without a mask. and a hat... The bigger things are yep - meds. keep them current and in stock. and water.  First aid supplies for small cuts/burns etc.

If the grid ever goes out, we can heat our home with our enclosed fireplace. Even cook on it, and it isn't a stand alone. I've read a lot - where folks, we are all so spoiled - who don't at least think about "what if"... simply decide that they would hit the road with their family and stay with friends/relatives out of state. Trouble is, all too often, the expressway jams up at a standstill, and you can't even get on it.

Nothing outlandish about having a couple weeks? of food stacked away, and plenty of properly stored water.

Like going across country in winter. Hit ice at night, go over the berm and sit in a field. No cars are coming. You are miles from help, maybe hours. Can your family keep warm with a few sleeping bags? or, you only have your summer jackets because the car was already warmed up? Have water? some snack bars? or...you don't?

We don't have pandemics and war hit us like in other countries around the world. A horrible pandemic out of control - America would not be ready. It would be horrific. And in a tornado/flood/whatever. I don't ever plan to go to one of those government refuge centers.

You betcha. Having some supplies in case of emergency is just a smart idea.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

even a localized breakout of some disease like this one - bad idea to go to the doctor's office or local emergency room...

or restaurant or laundromat ....grocery....

at least without a mask. and a hat... The bigger things are yep - meds. keep them current and in stock. and water.  First aid supplies for small cuts/burns etc.

If the grid ever goes out, we can heat our home with our enclosed fireplace. Even cook on it, and it isn't a stand alone. I've read a lot - where folks, we are all so spoiled - who don't at least think about "what if"... simply decide that they would hit the road with their family and stay with friends/relatives out of state. Trouble is, all too often, the expressway jams up at a standstill, and you can't even get on it.

Nothing outlandish about having a couple weeks? of food stacked away, and plenty of properly stored water.

Like going across country in winter. Hit ice at night, go over the berm and sit in a field. No cars are coming. You are miles from help, maybe hours. Can your family keep warm with a few sleeping bags? or, you only have your summer jackets because the car was already warmed up? Have water? some snack bars? or...you don't?

We don't have pandemics and war hit us like in other countries around the world. A horrible pandemic out of control - America would not be ready. It would be horrific. And in a tornado/flood/whatever. I don't ever plan to go to one of those government refuge centers.

You betcha. Having some supplies in case of emergency is just a smart idea.

I've been caught unprepared at least twice and I don't want to repeat the mistake again. 

The first time was after 9/11 and we started the bombing in Afghanistan and I watched television all afternoon and that evening I decided I better go gas up the car. I was shocked to see that every gas station was totally sold out. While I was watching tv everyone else was loading up on gas.

Another occasion was we were getting ice rain and the weather forecast was we were going to get a lot of ice rain and although I live close to Walmart I never thought to load up on supplies in case we would lose power. When we lost power and the next day I went to Walmart there were no lanterns, no batteries, and a host of everything else that would be good to have with no power were also sold out.

You see it all the times with storms and such where there is a run on the stores and essential items are quickly gone from the shelves. It is better to be prepared and do it early.

• Thanks 1

Just checking I went to Walmart to see what is going on with surgical masks. Out of stock. Has the run on supplies needed for a flu pandemic already started?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Medical-Surgical-Face-Masks-500-Masks/104790359

Medical Surgical Face Masks (500 Masks)

Average rating:4out of5stars, based on1reviews1 reviews
  • Sad 1

Expert says coronavirus spreads before symptoms show as whistleblower claims 90,000 affected in China

https://7news.com.au/news/health/expert-says-coronavirus-spreads-before-symptoms-show-as-whistleblower-claims-90000-affected-in-china-c-666302

What this means is all of the screenings and taking of temperatures etc...done at airports are not effective in keeping out this flu virus from coming into the United States.

LOL! I'm turning 73 soon. As I told my son when they were looking at me for possible pancreatic cancer (turned out negative), I've had a much longer life than I ever suspected. I'm living on the icing of the cake now, so I don't do any Elvis "All shook up" songs over this.😷🤣

Tex I hear you. I'm not thinking of myself but my family and others and it is being wise to make preparations for an eventual flu pandemic that is coming. I went through a health seminar about 10 years ago where they really drilled down that we are past due for a flu pandemic similar to the one we had a little over 100 years ago. I think it is wise for everyone to have preparations for a flu epidemic. In the seminar I went to the question was not if but when the flu pandemic would hit. Is this the one now? I don't know but again to be prepared for a flu pandemic is wise. I'm not talking about preparations for an apocalypse but making preparations for a possible quarantine.

Many of the old time ministers who mentored me lived through the 1919 flu pandemic and reading of the quarantines and stories they told is one of the reasons I have always been sensitive to another flu outbreak like they had. It potentially could be disastrous.

I am getting ready today, to have supplies in hand in case of a flu pandemic and I would advise everyone to do the same and do it early before panic and hoarding happens. In checking today already it is starting to happen. Be wise. 

• Upvote 1

Wife and I never got flu shots for years - but this year, well early last year - we decided to go get them.

This year, the flu season is supposed to possibly be bad. Don't wait til the flu hits all over, to go to your local drugstore for "Theraflu", which I guess is a very good thing to have.... because it could be all sold out.

Dang, Tex, you are an OLD fart. No wonder you are so ridiculously contrary....

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! I'm turning 73 soon. As I told my son when they were looking at me for possible pancreatic cancer (turned out negative), I've had a much longer life than I ever suspected. I'm living on the icing of the cake now, so I don't do any Elvis "All shook up" songs over this.😷🤣

17903454_10158949965035725_3181251005684

Donald J. Trump
8 hrs · 

READ THE TRANSCRIPTS!