THE BROWNS BOARD

SB thoughts?

Icecube

Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I was surprised how little impact the Refs had on the game...However.. that one touchdown where the players foot looked suspect should've not been called a TD

I think as much as we have complained about the refs lately, we have to praise them for last night's showing. They didn't affect the game and I almost didn't notice them (maybe they missed a call or two, but uncircunstancial ones). 

My Superbowl party was a really fun one with plenty of food and the game delivered. Close game with good offensive and defensive plays. 

Didn't enjoy Shakira as we like her music, but JLo shadowed her and I hate when popstars try to go "rockstar" with the electric guitar and drums. Also she almost didn't sing in Spanish and most of her best songs are first written in Spanish (and had success in Spain first). 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nero said:

I think as much as we have complained about the refs lately, we have to praise them for last night's showing. They didn't affect the game and I almost didn't notice them (maybe they missed a call or two, but uncircunstancial ones). 

My Superbowl party was a really fun one with plenty of food and the game delivered. Close game with good offensive and defensive plays. 

Didn't enjoy Shakira as we like her music, but JLo shadowed her and I hate when popstars try to go "rockstar" with the electric guitar and drums. Also she almost didn't sing in Spanish and most of her best songs are first written in Spanish (and had success in Spain first). 

On the plus side I enjoyed the Latin beat to most of it.💃

I didn't think if the Chiefs got behind against the 49ers they would be able to comeback like they did in other games in the playoffs. I was wrong. Not having a dog in the fight I just wanted to see a good game and it was. Actually glad to see the Chiefs win this one. It has been 50 years since their last SB win and happy for Andy Reid.

• Upvote 2

This was trending Chiefs when the 9ers couldn't run effectively.  I was surprised by the Chiefs D- especially the front 7.  

And on the other side, I thought Bosa pressured and collapsed well but Mahomes was able to leak out and make plays- the rest of the 9er front 7 seemed a little off and not able to create plays and make tackles.  

Coaching - I thought Andy Reid called a GREAT GAME, he was aggressive, creative and kept the 9ers defense guessing.  

Refs- the PI on Kittle was garbage happens every play- I know OBJ got a few of those this season as well.   

25 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Refs- the PI on Kittle was garbage happens every play- I know OBJ got a few of those this season as well.   

I called it before I saw the flag. And I also said it is common practice in every game. I think the line is drawn on the time. A bit is reasonable, but he did it for a long time and was obvious. Can't complain if it is called. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, D Bone said:

Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory. 

People on TV this morning are staying at Shanahan blew it with his strategy again. I say again because he was the OC of the Falcons choke 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

OK so what was with the little twirly bird act that the entire Kansas City offense of backfield did on that played on by the goal line where they look like they were the Temptations or the pips or something. 

I was thinking more the Four Tops!

First time we enjoyed an entire superbowl.

Seems that Garoppolo started letting the pressure get to him.

Seems that on the one TD, the player's foot was a bit out of bounds.

I called PI on Kelce earlier in the second half, everybody agreed with me on the replay...

there was no call.

Which surprised us, because Kittle later on in the first half, was called for PI.

A lot of folks in the media question that one. I have seen Gronk push off hugely, and it wasn't

called in the past.

Seems that the niner defense started getting a bit tired, and the Chiefs offense ramped it up.

Mahomes was able to get rid of the ball on quicker throws, and Garoppolo had big trouble.

Great game.

9 hours ago, D Bone said:

So nice without the forever reviews or the debating every call !  It was a good game.

(And no NE, Billy B, 'Merica's Team, steelers, boring blowouts, even a decent halftime show.......how refreshing !)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ErnieCamacho84 said:

Kyle Shanahan is a piece of shit human being.

I don't know about that. The guy is a great coach, too bad Farmer/Haslam, whomever ran him out of here. 

The guy pissed me off about his 25 point presentation, or whatever it was called, but turns out he was right.

Yeah, I think the 9ers basically gagged it away, but give credit to Mahomes- he's the best QB in the NFL. I wanted Jimmy G here in Cleveland, but he's just a tad over average IMHO.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I don't know about that. The guy is a great coach, too bad Farmer/Haslam, whomever ran him out of here. 

The guy pissed me off about his 25 point presentation, or whatever it was called, but turns out he was right.

Yeah, I think the 9ers basically gagged it away, but give credit to Mahomes- he's the best QB in the NFL. I wanted Jimmy G here in Cleveland, but he's just a tad over average IMHO.

At the time I was down on Shanahan too with his criticism of the Browns org but I have to admit now that he was right.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

As an impartial viewer, it was a good call. Without the full arm extension, he doesn't get the final separation to make the catch.... You know, offensive PI.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ATOM said:

wtf was kyle thinking at the end of half call a damn time out man,but then again i am glad he didnt cause hell ya I bet the half would end in a tie Did I Say HELL YA

I was OK with it. He was obviously content with a tie game and being able to make his 1/2 time adjustments knowing he got the ball 1st to start the last 1/2 of a 0-0 game. That being said, calling a TO and being aggressive would've been fine with me too.

"If it works, you're a genius - If it doesn't, you're an idiot". 

12 hours ago, D Bone said:

I felt that was definitely OPI- extended arm to get separation. and I feel Shanny wasted around 90 seconds of the first half not using his time outs. Reid was being the aggressor going for it on 4th down. That was conservative coach think by Shanahan. 

6 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Choke. Job.

Also, Chiefs Oline had a pretty good amount of freedom last night with their hands. 

Was it just me, but was the Chief's o-line getting destroyed?  Was rooting for the Chiefs, now our ex-Browns Reiter, Schwartz, and Erving! (you kidding me?) get rings. 

Tour isn't going like me saying it, but Sashi totally blew it dealing with Schwartz.  

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

I felt that was definitely OPI- extended arm to get separation. and I feel Shanny wasted around 90 seconds of the first half not using his time outs. Reid was being the aggressor going for it on 4th down. That was conservative coach think by Shanahan. 

Was it just me, but was the Chief's o-line getting destroyed?  Was rooting for the Chiefs, now our ex-Browns Reiter, Schwartz, and Erving! (you kidding me?) get rings. 

Tour isn't going like me saying it, but Sashi totally blew it dealing with Schwartz.  

That would be because the Chiefs Oline was getting handled when Mahomes had to straight drop and push the ball downfield.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Nope - the Chief's oline was getting overrun - the niners outstanding defensive line kept controlling the los, ...

until the Chiefs adapted in the second half, and started getting the ball out quicker - on shorter throws. I think the Chiefs had their wr's and Kelce to start winging it into open zone areas, and gave up running standard routes - the niners kept nailing them on those. Kelce/Watkins/Hill started spinning/reversing to get open. Just what I think.

23 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Au contraire, mon h...

The criticism of Sashi I endorse is the one about him having to win every deal. Pulling the offer to Mitch was one example. While I understood his reasoning, Mitch was the wrong talent with which to make the point.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Nope - the Chief's oline was getting overrun

Yup... I would estimate the yards Mahomes gained in designed runs at zero. Kid was running for his life for most of the game. Late tho he was only having to slide/step up in the pocket to gain time. While SF was never "gassed", they did tire.

I will say that the kid takes a shot better than I'd have guessed. Ward and Tartt both smacked him good... still shaking my head, however, at Bosa laying off him that 2nd option-play KC ran. And IIRC that was the last option run Andy called... I think he was shaking his head as well.