THE BROWNS BOARD

Facebook, just curious

Westside Steve

I don't know how many of you folks are on Facebook, I am I know at least one or two other members are but I had a question for those of you that do check that social media site. There's always the debate between the two sides about which candidate got the shittiest treatment in the press and by the public. I think the Trump derangement syndrome is much more dramatic even though I realize there were and arer people who feel that way about Obama. Those of you on Facebook do you see, like I do a huge number of left-wing anti Trump hate posts?

WSS

9 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I have a Twitter account but I never use it.

WSS

She is on twitter quite a bit. While I was watching the XFL game today she was on twitter. Trump will troll on twitter to get all the woke lefty's riled up on purpose which she thinks is funny. 

https://www.ccn.com/trumps-king-tweet-revealed-this-awkward-fact-about-woke-twitter/

• Haha 1

I see just the opposite on FB. Lots of right-wingers bitching and moaning, calling people out as "snowflakes." Yes, there's some left-wingers bitching too, but way less of that on my feed. 

FB has been ruined by politics. It was supposed to be a way to connect with people and have fun. 

37 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

I ditched Facebook several years ago once I had the epiphany that I really didn't give a shit about 99.99% of the stuff the people on my friend's list actually posted, and I've never looked back. 

I hear you. But as a working musician it really is a great tool.

WSS

edit

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I hear you. But as a working musician it really is a great tool.

WSS

edit

I used to think so but I'm not really sure anymore. I rarely post "Ariel's Attic" related things anymore because it seems like it's the same nucleus of people responding to every AA related post. We have garnered a lot of label interest as a result of FB basically because of our publicist but I'm not sure that's a good thing either ;)

I was shocked Steve, to find you and I had a mutual friend in the Cleve area that I went to HS with in the last century :D

• Upvote 1

yes there is alot of anti trump stuff there, if you have friends who wont hesitate to say so

FB can be an echo chamber of your choosing for political views - you can even put your "friends" who scream the loudest on topics  you may care about.

on a time out for a month - without dumping them 

but then again, why do so? like you always say - you watch the msnbc's and such just to know where they stand

11 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

yes there is alot of anti trump stuff there, if you have friends who wont hesitate to say so

FB can be an echo chamber of your choosing for political views - you can even put your "friends" who scream the loudest on topics  you may care about.

on a time out for a month - without dumping them 

but then again, why do so? like you always say - you watch the msnbc's and such just to know where they stand

Of the people who post the most obnoxious shit oh, and I'm talking 10 to 15 times a day I just unfollow them. I don't unfriend them or block them but I have thousands of people and their bullshit keeps me from seeing interesting stuff. And there's still tons of left-wing horseshit to Wade through.

WSS