THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns OT Robinson Facing Federal Drug Charges

D Bone

19 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He's 27 years old, has already made $29 million, and he decides to go all Cheech and Chong Breaking Bad... 

He's a true post 1999 Cleveland Brown. 🤣

I don't understand it. Why can't he just be rich? What's so hard about this? JUST BE RICH YOU MORON! 

18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

EX- Browns Lineman Greg Robinson Busted For 157 Lbs. Of Weed Facing Up to 20 Yrs In Prison

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/19/cleveland-browns-greg-robinson-arrested-marijuana-border-patrol/

Not your typical post player years career path...

FIFY Tour. 

...but, but, but he was a Combine STANDOUT! (surely, a day or 2 at the Combine should override a season or more of college play)

.....and folks wonder why I want to draft "I & I" (Intelligence & Intensity) over "F & S" (Fast & Stupid)!!

Mike

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

..but, but, but he was a Combine STANDOUT! (surely, a day or 2 at the Combine should override a season or more of college play)

Robinson wasn't just a Combine wonder.... he was a beast in college. He was so physically superior he really wasn't challenged... and so he never learned how to play the position.

When I scouted him his complete lack of technique was obvious enough for me to label him as having a high bust potential. I got one right...

• Upvote 5

On 2/20/2020 at 1:40 PM, jiggins7919 said:

I don't understand it. Why can't he just be rich? What's so hard about this? JUST BE RICH YOU MORON! 

How rich was/is he?

He just showed us how stupid he is.  So perhaps he has squandered most of his 'riches'.  

15 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I also wonder the same thing. LOL

Mike

Some people must be watching too many NETFLIX movies.

Apparently stealth was not Greg's strong suit...

Photo via U.S. Customs and Border Protection from the Greg Robinson bust, showing the duffle bags holding 157 pounds of marijuana found in the back of the rented Chevy Tahoe
image.png.94f6c2f27e1bb90d162ac5d9f22c614a.png

Meanwhile from the Fun with Headlines guild...

Cleveland Browns offensive tackle search intensifies 157 percent

Mike Lukasby Mike Lukas1 day ago

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/02/21/cleveland-browns-offensive-tackle-search-intensifies-157-percent/
  • Haha 3

Robinson was going to open his own dispensary.  He knew he needed a storefront, a license and stock.  He just got confused and started acquired things in the wrong order is all.  It's an honest mistake.

7 hours ago, Orion said:

Robinson was going to open his own dispensary.  He knew he needed a storefront, a license and stock.  He just got confused and started acquired things in the wrong order is all.  It's an honest mistake.

Brother, could you spare a  pound? I have a friend going  through  chemotherapy in need of some medical  marijuana.  

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2020 at 8:56 AM, Zombo said:

We knew replacing Joe Thomas would not be easy ... But the first two attempts are literally sitting in jail charged with felonies.

#OnlyTheBrowns

#ThatsSoBrownsie

Z

That character is overrated feeling Dorsey brings with him everywhere sure seems to be shortening up his FO tenures.

• Upvote 1

On 2/20/2020 at 6:58 PM, Canton Mike said:

...but, but, but he was a Combine STANDOUT! (surely, a day or 2 at the Combine should override a season or more of college play)

.....and folks wonder why I want to draft "I & I" (Intelligence & Intensity) over "F & S" (Fast & Stupid)!!

Mike

I remember back when I played Freshman Football, the guy next to me (our RT) was an animal and he was huge.  But I felt like it was an extended football version of "Of Mice and Men."   Every freakin time we broke the huddle and got to the line of scrimmage - I'd hear a real deep man's voice asking "FLUGEL WHAT'S IT ON MAN?"  So, I replied just as loud "IT'S ON ONE NEIL!"  So, this happened like 5 straight plays and we're still going on 1 not about to change it any time soon.

Anyway, the next time we got up to the line of scrimmage - the DT I was going against says "Flugel, I got this. It's on 1 Neil."  After the play, the same guy asks me "Is Neil the only guy out here that doesn't know you guys are going on 1 every play?"   The only reply I could give him was "We'd like to be able to go on 2 or 3 but we're just not smart enough yet!"  He laughed and said "If it makes you feel any better it's starting to phuck me up."   I had some really good battles with this kid but I enjoyed his comic relief. 

In case you're wondering,  after a couple false starts - we were eventually able to go on 2. That didn't stop our HC from trying to preach to anyone that would listen that the day of the dumb football player is over...  If you took our team picture, people wouldn't know if it was a football team or an entire class of Summer School Students....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, Flugel said:

In case you're wondering,  after a couple false starts - we were eventually able to go on 2. That didn't stop our HC from trying to preach to anyone that would listen that the day of the dumb football player is over...  If you took our team picture, people wouldn't know if it was a football team or an entire class of Summer School Students....

in 82 at Toledo, am a walk-on TE standing where am suppose to...at the end of the TE line next to coach Dan Simrell... I watch Simrell's face 😤 as RB Mel Tucker grabs Candy our LG by his facemask to utter these words "I get we just passed reading..but the next lineman that can't see the off centers hand close for us to go, may end up with papers to the Keller school of the Blind" 😎  Coach Simrell made sure Mel Tucker was a team Captain next game... T.U. went 6-5 that season and I was told to walk-off at season's end...Tuck & the Candy gang graduated going 9-2 in 83..Never dressed in a TU game, but the kid flashbacks are countless..thanks! for yours..  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

in 82 at Toledo, am a walk-on TE standing where am suppose to...at the end of the TE line next to coach Dan Simrell... I watch Simrell's face 😤 as RB Mel Tucker grabs Candy our LG by his facemask to utter these words "I get we just passed reading..but the next lineman that can't see the off centers hand close for us to go, may end up with papers to the Keller school of the Blind" 😎  Coach Simrell made sure Mel Tucker was a team Captain next game... T.U. went 6-5 that season and I was told to walk-off at season's end...Tuck & the Candy gang graduated going 9-2 in 83..Never dressed in a TU game, but the kid flashbacks are countless..thanks! for yours..  

Yes I love the ol' sports flashbacks and as the years go by the stories get better.

My personal favorite high school one was 1966 Massillon at Niles in a battle of the heavyweights and I was on the field.  For the whole long story see the HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FORUM but it begins...... once upon a time......

The perfect record led to an All-American Conference title. While Niles won state titles in 1961 and 1963, its schedule in those two years could be viewed as weak in comparison to the 1966 slate. In fact, the 66 Dragons are the only team in Ohio history to defeat Canton McKinley, Massillon and Warren G. Harding in the same season.

And of course NILES MCKINLEY won and we ended up ranked #5 in the USA, ahhhh memories, they only get better with age.  :)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Yes I love the ol' sports flashbacks and as the years go by the stories get better.

My personal favorite high school one was 1966 Massillon at Niles in a battle of the heavyweights and I was on the field.  For the whole long story see the HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FORUM but it begins...... once upon a time......

The perfect record led to an All-American Conference title. While Niles won state titles in 1961 and 1963, its schedule in those two years could be viewed as weak in comparison to the 1966 slate. In fact, the 66 Dragons are the only team in Ohio history to defeat Canton McKinley, Massillon and Warren G. Harding in the same season.

And of course NILES MCKINLEY won and we ended up ranked #5 in the USA, ahhhh memories, they only get better with age.  :)

I remember back in the day when my old stomping grounds Ytown and surrounding areas was the hotbed of powerhouse high school football,  ...Cardinal Mooney, Chaney, Warren Harding, Fitch, Warren Western Reserve...not so much anymore.

Ytown still rocks though...Four Ohio cities in the top 10 in producing NFL players per capita, according to a recent study. Youngstown tops the list, followed by Canton, with Cincinnati at No. 9 and Cleveland at No. 10...

The study was based on cities with populations of at least 10,000. Youngstown has 10.6 players, Canton 7.5, Cincinnati 5.3 and Cleveland 5.2 NFL players based on that population numbers, according to the study.

Just waiting for Gipper to slap the "fake news" tag on this as well.  Homeboy gets offended and gets defensive when Cleveland isn't #1. LOL

But to make you feel better this stat is per capita, therefore Cleveland would ultimately have more players in the pros.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gorka said:

I remember back in the day when my old stomping grounds Ytown and surrounding areas was the hotbed of powerhouse high school football,  ...Cardinal Mooney, Chaney, Warren Harding, Fitch, Warren Western Reserve...not so much anymore.

Ytown still rocks though...Four Ohio cities in the top 10 in producing NFL players per capita, according to a recent study. Youngstown tops the list, followed by Canton, with Cincinnati at No. 9 and Cleveland at No. 10...

The study was based on cities with populations of at least 10,000. Youngstown has 10.6 players, Canton 7.5, Cincinnati 5.3 and Cleveland 5.2 NFL players based on that population numbers, according to the study.

Just waiting for Gipper to slap the "fake news" tag on this as well.  Homeboy gets offended and gets defensive when Cleveland isn't #1. LOL

But to make you feel better this stat is per capita, therefore Cleveland would ultimately have more players in the pros.

I am from the Akron area.  Where the hell is Akron!!!:P

Beanie Wells,   Antoine Winfield, James Harrison, Whitney Mercilus, Dante Lavelli HOF, Larry Csonka  HOF,  Don Nottingham, Cliff Battles HOF, Dave Brown,  Mike Vrabel.  (Jason Taylor...HOF....played at Akron U)

Though, Akron may be more of a basketball town:    Nate Thurmond HOF,  Gus Johnson HOF,  LeBron James GOAT, Alvin Robertson..US Gold Medal,  Jerome Lane,  Larry Nance Jr.