THE BROWNS BOARD

Trying to move OBJ

Icecube

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

So...I see. Dodge the actual question and just be inane, got it. You think OBJ is just acting like your typical 27 year-old. Very good. That excuses it all. 4th highest-paid WR, 26th in yards and 65th in TDs. Super. 

51 minutes ago, Icecube said:

And you need some education in using English. It's never too late to learn. I can help you. 

Give up while you're way behind.

Eye Witness Report: OBJ’s Shit is Brown

Longboat Key, FL: At a local nightclub, vacationer Nick Lodoliano got an unexpected surprise when he entered the bathroom stall previously occupied by none other than Browns star wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.

And as if a chance encounter with the star wideout wasn’t enough, Nick later discovered that OBJ forgot to flush!

”It was brown,” Nick explained. “And he plays for the Browns. It’s like, it’s meant to be.”

Maybe it is and maybe it isn’t, but the similarities are real. Could this mean that OBJ is destined to be the Brown’s greatest wide receiver ever?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Eye Witness Report: OBJ’s Shit is Brown

Longboat Key, FL: At a local nightclub, vacationer Nick Lodoliano got an unexpected surprise when he entered the bathroom stall previously occupied by none other than Browns star wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.

And as if a chance encounter with the star wideout wasn’t enough, Nick later discovered that OBJ forgot to flush!

”It was brown,” Nick explained. “And he plays for the Browns. It’s like, it’s meant to be.”

Maybe it is and maybe it isn’t, but the similarities are real. Could this mean that OBJ is destined to be the Brown’s greatest wide receiver ever?

But.....did it stink?

23 hours ago, Icecube said:

Thank you, Tour2ma, the reason they are not "actively" shopping him is they already know what the market is, and no deal is close. Browns want something close to what they paid for him....bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Not gonna happen. Under his current contract, teams won't take him on that alone, forget a high draft pick too. 

Could you give us Berry's cell # while you're at it?  Sorry, that's pure speculation on your part. 

It's not exactly Rocket Science OBJ can't be moved after a down year, and his huge contract. 

Well on the plus side apropos of what I see in this thread (random thoughts), I was able to transfer a picture I took of the beach in Akumal, Mexico right after The Girl From Ipanema passed me by.White sandy beach, turquoise water, swaying coconut palm trees and swaying hips. Now I can look at my screen saver and say, "Ahhhhhh!" 👙😍

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 1:32 AM, Icecube said:

Thank you, Tour2ma, the reason they are not "actively" shopping him is they already know what the market is, and no deal is close. Browns want something close to what they paid for him....bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Not gonna happen. Under his current contract, teams won't take him on that alone, forget a high draft pick too. 

In your first post you said: Browns want to trade him. It's just not working, he's not a fit. 

To have avoided all the backlash, you needed to clarify that those were your feelings, as may have been the feelings of whoever you heard it from on TV....You gave the impression they were actively shopping him. 

OBJ did say that he felt that NY sent him to Cleveland to die, and I'm afraid that is what may ultimately happen...

I'm just hoping that OBJ is as determined to prove them wrong as he was on the day he arrived here.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gorka said:

In your first post you said: Browns want to trade him. It's just not working, he's not a fit. 

To have avoided all the backlash, you needed to clarify that those were your feelings, as may have been the feelings of whoever you heard it from on TV....You gave the impression they were actively shopping him. 

OBJ did say that he felt that NY sent him to Cleveland to die, and I'm afraid that is what may ultimately happen...

I'm just hoping that OBJ is as determined to prove them wrong as he was on the day he arrived here.

I doubt OBJ will be the explosive player he once was.. he's getting older.. Not better... Injuries slow you down.. He'll be good to serviceable.. But superstar?.. Nope!

20 minutes ago, nickers said:

I doubt OBJ will be the explosive player he once was.. he's getting older.. Not better... Injuries slow you down.. He'll be good to serviceable.. But superstar?.. Nope!

He will be another player you have to cover.  We have plenty of weapons depending on how the TE position pans out.

Damn.... when Gorka is the voice of reason...

Also... this just in....

Browns’ jersey reveal should quiet Odell Beckham trade rumors

https://nypost.com/2020/03/04/browns-jersey-reveal-should-quiet-odell-beckham-trade-rumors/

1 hour ago, LBC mike said:

He will be another player you have to cover.  We have plenty of weapons depending on how the TE position pans out.

packers seem to be moving on from grahm he was awesome while with the saints and looked to me to have faded way while with the seahawks and packers 

was he hurt ?

getting to old ?

expensive ?

would he look good in brown and orange ?

18 hours ago, Icecube said:

4th-highest paid WR while being 26th in rec. yards. Why, yes, it's working out just perfectly. Sure. Which way is the clown car showing up?

You keep bringing up "26th in recieving  yards". You do know there's  32 teams in the NFL. Which would  still  make him the #1 wr on a bunch of teams. It would be wonderful if  every player's  performance  equaled  their  contract,  but in the real world that doesn't  happen.  So no need to single out  OBJ in that regard, there's  plenty of  other examples, like our own Christian  Kirksey  or the Bengals AJ Green, who  got paid plenty for  rehabbing  from injuries and  never saw the field.  And, see  below.  

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Beckham still  put up a 1,000 yard season  playing  hurt all  last year.  Older? Yeah,  relative to  21. He's  27, I  wouldn't  call  him  over the  hill  yet. Should  OBJ come  back completely  healthy  this year, MHO is he still could be a top 5 wr in the league. Another nagging  injury,  and you're  exactly  right.  

I am not a huge fan of Beckham, but you can't deny his talent. Watch this video and look at how many catches he makes with his fingertips, the jukes he puts on players, his ability to jump and pull the ball down and his separation speed. Video doesn't lie!

I want him to have a spectacular year this year, and any TRUE Browns fan is rooting for him to do just that!

Go Browns!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

You keep bringing up "26th in recieving  yards". You do know there's  32 teams in the NFL. Which would  still  make him the #1 wr on a bunch of teams. It would be wonderful if  every player's  performance  equaled  their  contract,  but in the real world that doesn't  happen.  So no need to single out  OBJ in that regard, there's  plenty of  other examples, like our own Christian  Kirksey  or the Bengals AJ Green, who  got paid plenty for  rehabbing  from injuries and  never saw the field.  And, see  below.  

Beckham still  put up a 1,000 yard season  playing  hurt all  last year.  Older? Yeah,  relative to  21. He's  27, I  wouldn't  call  him  over the  hill  yet. Should  OBJ come  back completely  healthy  this year, MHO is he still could be a top 5 wr in the league. Another nagging  injury,  and you're  exactly  right.  

as twiggy as his legs are.. I'm not seeing it...