THE BROWNS BOARD

The Stock Market

OldBrownsFan

Sounds like a solid plan. Are you older than me? I'm 68.

WSS

I’m currently 59 years old, but I will turn 60 in the middle of February.

My last day of work will be the 29th of January, but my accrued vacation time will push my official retirement date into early March.

If you want to see all of the major indices over time like the DOW, S&P 500, US DOLLAR, GOLD, etc. here's a great ste.  https://stockcharts.com/freecharts/historical/marketindexes.html

Now you can see for yourself what it is all about. Some charts are hard to copy here from 1900-2021.  Here are the DOW, S&P 500 and GOLD.

100-100.png

100-130.png

100-200.png

12 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

So you Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi got your wish. Great.

WSS

well know all I haver asked is do not fuck with my money and your donald  did exactly that 

so lets look at the numbers again 2015  420 billion invested in America in trumps last year 136 billion invested and for the first time in anyones life time we are behind another country

i got a wish ? it will take a miracle to get our country out of the mess trump put us in

3 hours ago, ATOM said:

well know all I haver asked is do not fuck with my money and your donald  did exactly that 

I don't know what you're talkin about. If your Investments haven't done great over the last 4 years I think you should look toward who does ear investing. Either you or your broker have been doing a poor job.

so lets look at the numbers again 2015  420 billion invested in America in trumps last year 136 billion invested and for the first time in anyones life time we are behind another country

so what? Since we've been doing great up until the artificially induced drop due the artificially induced panic over the covid and since things started skyrocketing back I don't know what would make you think that's a key factor. Maybe I'll ask my broker tomorrow. He's apparently better than yours if you're losing money.

i got a wish ? it will take a miracle to get our country out of the mess trump put us in

in light of the financial plans Joe Biden has in mind yes it will take a miracle. It will be a miracle if we avoid a depression. If he's your guy then I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe mjp can explain it

WSS

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ATOM said:

I guess you haven't bothered to look at Biden's tax proposals..

I'm talking with multiple accountants to try to minimize what appears to be $200k+ hit if his lamebrain bullshit is actually enacted. And with no checks and balances due to the fraudulent elections......  Why wouldn't they be?

Buy a clue if you must..

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

as far as my money it ebb'd and flowed  but hey did u see how the stock market went up after trump got fired but u know you are just like the rest of the doom sayers after a new president gets elected 

20 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

china did this. eventually, even the twisted emotional fake news TDS knee jerkers will have to admit it.

china has been in deep in are ass for years 

20 hours ago, ATOM said:

as far as my money it ebb'd and flowed  but hey did u see how the stock market went up after trump got fired but u know you are just like the rest of the doom sayers after a new president gets elected 

so you didn't respond to my question about why foreign investment drops  didn't kill  the US market . I'm guessing you don't invest all that much or haven't invested for a long time. Anyway what I do know is it the market hates instability and even as a trump supporter I thought the last couple of months were crazy. The one point that you made I do agree with is that whenever there's a change of power the predictions of Armageddon are rampant. That's why my concerns are for the medium and long-term. So far my concern is that by throwing away ridiculous amounts of money that we will have to print or borrow is going to fire up the inflation machine soon enough. If you work all that happened during the Carter Administration and Paul volcker had to put the clamps on the economy. Which Wanda costing Carter the election Imo. Second would be the crazy job-killing policies Biden handlers put in front of him to sign. Then would come the Paris Accord which punishes the United States and let's China the biggest polluting manufacturer on Earth flourish without any restriction. And it will take awhile before we know. It took a while when we hired Hue Jackson. But unless you're a day trader the really really short term isn't very important.

WSS

china has been in deep in are ass for years 

Fuck all you old geezers. Im holding the line on Gamestop and Dogecoin and taking money from your retirement accounts with me to the moon. GenXers and Millennials are starting to wake up and take back their slice of the pie you old fucks have been hoarding.

💎 👐

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 10:08 AM, jbluhm86 said:

Fuck all you old geezers. Im holding the line on Gamestop and Dogecoin and taking money from your retirement accounts with me to the moon. GenXers and Millennials are starting to wake up and take back their slice of the pie you old fucks have been hoarding.

💎 👐

That's a good one !

I can remember a teacher in my undergrad years about 50 years ago saying "don't feel sorry for the old people.....they have all the money".   Shocking but largely true.

On 2/9/2021 at 11:40 AM, mjp28 said:

That's a good one !

I can remember a teacher in my undergrad years about 50 years ago saying "don't feel sorry for the old people.....they have all the money".   Shocking but largely true.

NewsweekMillennials Control Just 4.2 Percent of US Wealth, 4 Times Poorer Than Baby Boomers Were At Age 34

Screenshot_20210214-044536.thumb.png.c2ff4081d90b2474202047b9be5ce815.png

https://mobile.twitter.com/adam_tooze/status/1314213963282829313

On 2/14/2021 at 7:38 AM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Lazy.  Give them a participation award.😁

point is, "Old People" worked HARD most all their years to make a living,

take care of their families, and WORKED HARD achieving the American Dream.

now, some young farts are whining they don't have the same money right out of high screwell.

give us all a frickin break.