THE BROWNS BOARD

Banks

Axe

I just returned from my Monday bank deposit. This particular bank is limiting cash withdrawals to $3000.. If only Walmart and Costco management had this insight when they started seeing carts full of TP rolling out the door.

The teller I conducted my business with had no TP at home, couldn't find any and was using paper towels as such.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

I just returned from my Monday bank deposit. This particular bank is limiting cash withdrawals to $3000.. If only Walmart and Costco management had this insight when they started seeing carts full of TP rolling out the door.

The teller I conducted my business with had no TP at home, couldn't find any and was using paper towels as such.

I took out a little bit of money yesterday. Not a whole lot but I usually don't carry much else but my debit card. I hate to give in to the fear and panic but it is out there and cash may be king.

I feel sorry for those who didn't prepare for the panic toilet paper buying. I didn't see it coming either until a few weeks ago when I saw the fighting over toilet paper in Hawaii and that is when I stocked up before it became scarce in the mainland.

I am thinking that plumbers may be busy soon unclogging toilet pipes with people using paper towels and whatever....

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I am thinking that plumbers may be busy soon unclogging toilet pipes with people using paper towels and whatever....

yep - kleenex, believe it or not, are a big problem. They don't degrade like tp does. That is straight from our plumber. He was in to figure our our problem with the stink from our bathroom sink. Turns out, it was the removable core in the new hot water heater. those aren't compatible with well water.

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

yep - kleenex, believe it or not, are a big problem. They don't degrade like tp does. That is straight from our plumber. He was in to figure our our problem with the stink from our bathroom sink. Turns out, it was the removable core in the new hot water heater. those aren't compatible with well water.

I didn't know that about kleenex's but I am positive paper towels will soon clog up the pipes.

If everyone would just buy the normal amount they usually do this wouldn't happen.  They are restricting it whrere I live to 1 6 pack per person, which they should have done a couple of weeks ago.  Seeing women with 4 shopping cars crammed with it.  I should have just grabbed it from her cart.

• Upvote 4