THE BROWNS BOARD

U.S. intelligence reports from January and February warned about a likely pandemic

Tour2ma

U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen, according to U.S. officials familiar with spy agency reporting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-intelligence-reports-from-january-and-february-warned-about-a-likely-pandemic/ar-BB11udi8?ocid=spartandhp

===============================================================================================================

Rut Roh... I guess someone did see this coming.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen, according to U.S. officials familiar with spy agency reporting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-intelligence-reports-from-january-and-february-warned-about-a-likely-pandemic/ar-BB11udi8?ocid=spartandhp

===============================================================================================================

Rut Roh... I guess someone did see this coming.

The democrats were running an impeachment scam about that period of time weren't they?

Probably the biggest thing to have slowed down the coronavirus in the United States  was the early China travel ban by Trump. Many of the same ones who criticized Trump for that are the ones playing arm chair quarterback today as if they would have done so much better. I doubt it. They didn't even get the travel ban right.

before I even opened this thread I knew I'd see:

- But impeachment

and

- Yeah but he banned China travel and DEMOCRATS thought that was racist!

The scope of what issues are the president's fault varies so much based on whether he's "your guy" it seems. 

while the correct actions were eventually being taken I don't think anyone can say this administration hasn't screwed up at multiple points during this crisis. Especially some of the reactions by Trump (downplaying it, shifting blame, trying to make it look like he always thought it was an issue, etc)

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

before I even opened this thread I knew I'd see:

- But impeachment

and

- Yeah but he banned China travel and DEMOCRATS thought that was racist!

The scope of what issues are the president's fault varies so much based on whether he's "your guy" it seems. 

while the correct actions were eventually being taken I don't think anyone can say this administration hasn't screwed up at multiple points during this crisis. Especially some of the reactions by Trump (downplaying it, shifting blame, trying to make it look like he always thought it was an issue, etc)

Maybe you saw impeachment and travel ban because they are facts and facts don't change?

Getting our testing up to speed was the critical part and our CDC dropped that ball. That is no more on Trump than the Obamacare roll out fiasco was personally on Obama. That was big govt messing up. I heard a doctor weeks ago complaining about CDC test kits with no reagents in them. It wasn't until Trump turned away from the CDC and went to the private business sector to mfg these tests we started seeing positive results.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Getting our testing up to speed was the critical part and our CDC dropped that ball. That is no more on Trump than the Obamacare roll out fiasco was personally on Obama. 

Ha. Yeah. Right. 

Go tell other posters here that

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Ha. Yeah. Right. 

LOL...big govt failed Obama. I wouldn't have expected Obama to personally have supervised the disastrous Obamacare roll out. Now on a political message board Obama could be blamed for it...say it aint so! 

On 3/21/2020 at 6:22 AM, OldBrownsFan said:

Maybe you saw impeachment and travel ban because they are facts and facts don't change?

There are facts and then there are relevant facts...

The travel ban Executive Order (EO) issued on January 31st is relevant as a good start, but it was half-baked at best. It excluded Hong Kong and Macau and it exempted all returning US nationals. It called for neither the testing nor quarantining of either group. It ignored South Korea where the first cases were confirmed days before the EO was issued.

But it appears as if you knew the above already...

On 3/20/2020 at 11:29 PM, OldBrownsFan said:

They didn't even get the travel ban right.

Then there is the issue of what was done during what time even the incomplete "ban" bought us...

Impeachment remains a complete strawman unless you are arguing that Trump can't handle more than one issue at a time... an argument to which you might find me being surprisingly receptive.

By contrast Clinton governed while he was being impeached. Thought you'd want to know that.

30 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

There are facts and then there are relevant facts...

The travel ban Executive Order (EO) issued on January 31st is relevant as a good start, but it was half-baked at best. It excluded Hong Kong and Macau and it exempted all returning US nationals. It called for neither the testing nor quarantining of either group. It ignored South Korea where the first cases were confirmed days before the EO was issued.

But it appears as if you knew the above already...

https://cis.org/Arthur/Dr-Fauci-Trump-China-Restrictions-Slowed-Spread-Wuhan-Flu

And Trump's travel ban proved to be wiser than those like Joe Biden and other democrats who called him racist for doing it.

Then there is the issue of what was done during what time even the incomplete "ban" bought us...

Impeachment remains a complete strawman unless you are arguing that Trump can't handle more than one issue at a time... an argument to which you might find me being surprisingly receptive.

By contrast Clinton governed while he was being impeached. Thought you'd want to know that.

Strawman lol...I'm glad Clinton got us out of the world wide flu pandemic of 1999 while still being able to battle Ken Starr 

On 3/21/2020 at 8:27 AM, OldBrownsFan said:

LOL...big govt failed Obama. I wouldn't have expected Obama to personally have supervised the disastrous Obamacare roll out. Now on a political message board Obama could be blamed for it...say it aint so!

Actually the selected contractor (CGI Group) failed Obama, so not quite the same thing... but then Silicon Valley did come and pull Obama's ass out of the fire. Another thing however that's not quite the same... the number of lost lives the ObamaCare delay caused. Admission of that possibility is one I can make knowing you can't take it up without making the argument that ObamaCare saves lives.

Nevertheless kudos to you for not hanging the failure directly on Barrack. Woody's reply concerned others who still hang that one on him. No better example than cal, who again gives you thanks for posting something with which he at least in part disagrees.

15 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Actually the selected contractor (CGI Group) failed Obama, so not quite the same thing... but then Silicon Valley did come and pull Obama's ass out of the fire. Another thing however that's not quite the same... the number of lost lives the ObamaCare delay caused. Admission of that possibility is one I can make knowing you can't take it up without making the argument that ObamaCare saves lives.

Nevertheless kudos to you for not hanging the failure directly on Barrack. Woody's reply concerned others who still hang that one on him. No better example than cal, who again gives you thanks for posting something with which he at least in part disagrees.

Obamacare has been a failure just as the Obamacare roll out was a failure.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/obamacare-is-a-failure-every-single-presidential-candidate-agrees

But just as a quarterback gets too much of the blame for a team loss, Obama was not responsible for the disastrous roll out. Obama was responsible though for lying to get Obamacare passed.

https://www.politifact.com/obama-like-health-care-keep/

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Strawman lol...I'm glad Clinton got us out of the world wide flu pandemic of 1999 while still being able to battle Ken Starr

Sarcasm duly noted...

Ken Starr started investigating Clinton in August, '94 and it ran (in various directions) for five years. House impeachment hearings took about 1-1/2 months... trial about a month and was over in Feb, '99 so it preceded the flu outbreak you mockingly offered... which of course was a honest to goodness flu. The trial also preceded Clinton's 2020 National Emergency declarations addressing West Nile outbreaks. However, the time period did see the OKC bombing and a good chunk of the war in Bosnia.

But, no, there was no comparable epidemic during those Clinton years... thank God... but in addition to the above there are many signs of governing including working across the aisle on legislation with those calling all the while for his impeachment.

On the other hand the House Judiciary Committee's investigation and Impeachment hearings into Trump lasted five months and trial lasted about 3 weeks.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Sarcasm duly noted...

Ken Starr started investigating Clinton in August, '94 and it ran (in various directions) for five years. House impeachment hearings took about 1-1/2 months... trial about a month and was over in Feb, '99 so it preceded the flu outbreak you mockingly offered... which of course was a honest to goodness flu. The trial also preceded Clinton's 2020 National Emergency declarations addressing West Nile outbreaks. However, the time period did see the OKC bombing and a good chunk of the war in Bosnia.

But, no, there was no comparable epidemic during those Clinton years... thank God... but in addition to the above there are many signs of governing including working across the aisle on legislation with those calling all the while for his impeachment.

On the other hand the House Judiciary Committee's investigation and Impeachment hearings into Trump lasted five months and trial lasted about 3 weeks.

Bill was pretty good at multi tasking. He even found some bonus time with Monica Lewinsky at the White House.

56 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

On 3/21/2020 at 9:20 AM, MLD Woody said:

Ha. Yeah. Right. 

I don't know of any poster who blamed the rollout on obaMao. He didn't do the website.

You two need to get your facts straight, strawmen.

19 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Obamacare has been a failure just as the Obamacare roll out was a failure.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/obamacare-is-a-failure-every-single-presidential-candidate-agrees

But just as a quarterback gets too much of the blame for a team loss, Obama was not responsible for the disastrous roll out. Obama was responsible though for lying to get Obamacare passed.

https://www.politifact.com/obama-like-health-care-keep/

Once again an opinion piece is just that...

I knew the "Obama lie" would surface sooner or later. Even tho it would be odd for you to blame Obama for that statement, but not the website rollout.

I knew when I first heard him say the "If you like... you can keep" line that it was not true. I knew there were shitty policies that people liked "out there" that were not going meet the standards of the Bill. But a purposeful lie? I couldn't go that far... at least not without more info.

Then I read reports that Obama was livid at being told something by his cabinet that was not true. While reports of an extremely angry President are common today, that was not the case with "No-drama"...

Then ultimately BO took the blame for the rollout and the misinformation in true "buck stops" style. That's the kind of thing that builds credibility with me... even in cases  with those I disagree.

However in cases where an individual whose misleading half-truths, exaggerations and outright lies total approaches 17,000 ducks taking responsibility for failures... well... then I tend to be a little more critical.

That said... if you need to label this isolated instance a "lie", be my guest

9 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I don't know of any poster who blamed the rollout on obaMao. He didn't do the website.

You two need to get your facts straight, strawmen.

So there was one thing you did not blame on Obama... duly noted.

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Once again an opinion piece is just that...

I knew the "Obama lie" would surface sooner or later. Even tho it would be odd for you to blame Obama for that statement, but not the website rollout.

I knew when I first heard him say the "If you like... you can keep" line that it was not true. I knew there were shitty policies that people liked "out there" that were not going meet the standards of the Bill. But a purposeful lie? I couldn't go that far... at least not without more info.

Then I read reports that Obama was livid at being told something by his cabinet that was not true. While reports of an extremely angry President are common today, that was not the case with "No-drama"...

Then ultimately BO took the blame for the rollout and the misinformation in true "buck stops" style. That's the kind of thing that builds credibility with me... even in cases  with those I disagree.

However in cases where an individual whose misleading half-truths, exaggerations and outright lies total approaches 17,000 ducks taking responsibility for failures... well... then I tend to be a little more critical.

That said... if you need to label this isolated instance a "lie", be my guest

There is not just one instance of lying although that whopper of a lie by Obama was voted the lie of the year.

Obamacare Architect: Yeah, We Lied to The "Stupid" American People to Get It Passed.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/11/10/obamacare-architect-yeah-we-lied-to-the-stupid-american-people-n1916605

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

There's a pandemic every year or two. 

WSS

Yeah, totally. I remember all this shit going down in Italy in 2018. Remember when we all had to stay home to prevent the spread of a virus in 2017? Remember that national state of emergency? Yeah...

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You're getting to extra levels of creepy now Cal

truths hurts you where, woodypeckerhead?

you are too young, and you know nearly nothing about anything. You're a birdbrained disgrace to

the political board, and you have no cred on the football side either.

tenor.gif

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yeah, totally. I remember all this shit going down in Italy in 2018. Remember when we all had to stay home to prevent the spread of a virus in 2017? Remember that national state of emergency? Yeah...

Look up the definition of pandemic. Yes there is one every year or at least every couple years.

And we could have taken these extreme measures every time. But we didn't.

And lots of people die from them every time they come around. Could we have saved a few of them had we locked down the United States of America after the first case? Probably.

But since you want to blame somebody...

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/10/the-multilateral-health-system-failed-to-stop-the-coronavirus/

WSS

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

truths hurts you where, woodypeckerhead?

you are too young, and you know nearly nothing about anything. You're a birdbrained disgrace to

the political board, and you have no cred on the football side either.

tenor.gif

Wait..  you think you being creepy is some kind of truth? Lol.... No it's just creepy cal. 

I call you out on your bullshit enough times and then you go into one of these creepy tantrums where you start posting about me in multiple threads. 

I would suggest you get a hobby or something

And yeah, if only I made a while thread to myself for my mock draft... Then I'd totally have cred on the football forum. 

Haha, what are you even taking about? In your desperate attempt to come at me you're now saying crap about the football forum?

Jesus dude. Really. Do anything else

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Look up the definition of pandemic. Yes there is one every year or at least every couple years.

And we could have taken these extreme measures every time. But we didn't.

And lots of people die from them every time they come around. Could we have saved a few of them had we locked down the United States of America after the first case? Probably.

But since you want to blame somebody...

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/10/the-multilateral-health-system-failed-to-stop-the-coronavirus/

WSS

You don't think there's anything different between this and those outbreaks you mentioned before?

I'm also not 100% sure which technically fall into the definition of a global pandemic. I believe there's only a few. Not every 2 years or whatever you said