THE BROWNS BOARD

U.S. intelligence reports from January and February warned about a likely pandemic

Tour2ma

21 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You don't think there's anything different between this and those outbreaks you mentioned before?

you don't think we could have saved a lot of lives by freaking out to this extent over any of them?

I'm also not 100% sure which technically fall into the definition of a global pandemic. I believe there's only a few. Not every 2 years or whatever you said

again read the definition of pandemic

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

again read the definition of pandemic

Woody doesn't do definitions - he simply uses words that he ascribes his own meanings to, so he can try to keep up wit

the rest of the forum. He asks stupid questions, then insists on answers because he doesn't ever do his own research. And when you answer his questions, he smarts off, starts a personal attack.... if you don't answer his questions because it gets tiresome... he smarts off more about some imaginary emotional "win" of sorts...after a few years of that, he became the Woodpecker.

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Wait..  you think you being creepy is some kind of truth? Lol.... No it's just creepy cal. I call you out on your bullshit enough times and then you go into one of these creepy tantrums where you start posting about me in multiple threads. I would suggest you get a hobby or something  And yeah, if only I made a while thread to myself for my mock draft... Then I'd totally have cred on the football forum. Haha, what are you even taking about? In your desperate attempt to come at me you're now saying crap about the football forum?Jesus dude. Really. Do anything else

sure, you can call me "stupid" a bunch of times and when I give you the business back, you cry like a baby woodpecker about how you are so invaded in your phony safe space. Leave people alone and they will leave you alone. or just STFU until you actually have something real to contribute. Most of the time, your infantile ignorant smart alec retorts are all you have. and you are an adult? sad.

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm also not 100% sure which technically fall into the definition of a global pandemic. I believe there's only a few. Not every 2 years or whatever you said

you don't even have a life, little birdbrain. You can't even look up your own definitions of words, exactly like I said.

I still think you are in the fifth grade. The definition of pandemic IS GLOBAL. lol

pandemic
[panˈdemik]

ADJECTIVE

(of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world.
    synonyms:
    widespread · prevalent · pervasive · rife · rampant · epidemic · universal · global

34 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

you don't even have a life, little birdbrain. You can't even look up your own definitions of words, exactly like I said.

I still think you are in the fifth grade. The definition of pandemic IS GLOBAL. lol

pandemic
[panˈdemik]

ADJECTIVE

(of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world.
    synonyms:
    widespread · prevalent · pervasive · rife · rampant · epidemic · universal · global

The definition you posted in the 2nd portion of your post literally contradicts the the insult you tried to make in the 1st portion....

12 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Hang on I will check.

Okay I'm back. It says here it's the reality in which Woody is a dick. I'm kind of surprised I hadn't realized you had an entire reality based on you.

WSS

*Sigh*

Alright Steve. If you read our back and forth and have THAT interpretation of events then I'll just let you be

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

*Sigh*

Alright Steve. If you read our back and forth and have THAT interpretation of events then I'll just let you be

You asked. What kind of answer do you expect for a question like that? 

But frankly even though you make no attempt to be rational I live in a reality where should happens all the fucking time. We could have gone into this insane lockdown mode a dozen times over the past 20 years.

WSS

51 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

You asked. What kind of answer do you expect for a question like that? 

But frankly even though you make no attempt to be rational I live in a reality where should happens all the fucking time. We could have gone into this insane lockdown mode a dozen times over the past 20 years.

WSS

You realize I didn't quote you, right?

(Also that lockdown comment just isn't true. But whatever)

Steve.... your text to speech needs some tweaking... right now it's channeling gumby...

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

if you have a term do you like better sugarcoat away.

Meanwhile back at the now well-diverted thread...

Did anyone provide any evidence refuting the story that i missed?

On 3/22/2020 at 7:49 PM, JAFBF said:

POTUS was on this as early as September.

image.png.2846f3d2ffe9493e78aca6d6f675a209.png

"Trump asked them to."

Do you know how I know that is not true?

Because Trump hasn't taken credit for doing it.

Do you think maybe, just maybe, 3M simply started seeing orders for the masks increase? Orders coming from Overseas? Maybe even states who were reading the papers?

Or if you're not inclined to accept the above reason, then know this...

Spring time is the time in normal times that most refineries conduct their annual "turnarounds"... and they consume massive amounts of masks during outages. We scheduled our lil plant's outages to avoid Shell's turnaround and the other big boys in and around Houston for manpower primarily, but for other resources as well.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Steve.... your text to speech needs some tweaking... right now it's channeling gumby...

I hear you brother I hear you.

Meanwhile back at the now well-diverted thread...

by diverted I assume you mean squawking about me using the term lockdown for this hysterical response to the virus? Not you.

Did anyone provide any evidence refuting the story that i missed?

evidence? There's not going to be any evidence. (If we are still talking about this epidemic being overblown and overreacted to) If it's underwhelming the politicians will brag and say it was their decisive action that saved all of us. If a shitload more people die horrible deaths rest assured they will blame the other party. What kind of proof would you like to have ?

WSS

On 3/22/2020 at 3:07 PM, OldBrownsFan said:

There is not just one instance of lying although that whopper of a lie by Obama was voted the lie of the year.

Obamacare Architect: Yeah, We Lied to The "Stupid" American People to Get It Passed.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/11/10/obamacare-architect-yeah-we-lied-to-the-stupid-american-people-n1916605

Voted Lie of the Year by who?

Not that it matters... as I said, if you chose to believe that the statements were intentionally misleading, fine. I know the accounts I read which said they were not.

On the new info... Fairly twisted title for sensation, but given the quotes in the article it appears there was some effort to keep the money taken in from being called a "tax". That is ironic since it being considered a tax is what saved it in the Supreme Court. Although the term tax was most closely associated with the penalty imposed for refusing to be covered by any plan.

Gruber said. "In terms of risk rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in, you made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed. Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really really critical to get for the thing to pass. Look, I wish Mark was right that we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not."

Also ironic is Gruber's maintaining that American's would not have backed where it was "made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money." That pretty much is how insurance works... except that sick people pay in as well... at least during the time before they were sick. Without that view any subsequent requirement for "stupidity" vanishes.

One favor OBF? Please explain to cal that I won't do his work for him... that if he wants me to know what's in his videos, then he can tell me himself.

Thanks in advance...

13 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

by diverted

Nah.... the report of advanced intel on the virus.

JABFx took a shot, but missed... others (not you) took it off-track for the getgo with what-abouts, etc...

So relax and go figure out what rhymes with "orange".

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Hang on I will check.

Okay I'm back. It says here it's the reality in which Woody is a dick. I'm kind of surprised I hadn't realized you had an entire reality based on you.

WSS

He is a woodpecker dick ! That is it! I was close. "Picidae reality". Nails it !

11 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

You quoted me saying "what reality do you live in?" as if it was directed at you. 

I had quoted Cal. It was directed at him

I have no idea why you're going on about it and I think I'm just going to cut my lost time here. Peace

51 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You quoted me saying "what reality do you live in?" as if it was directed at you. 

I had quoted Cal. It was directed at him

I have no idea why you're going on about it and I think I'm just going to cut my lost time here. Peace

Again learn to use the quote feature. But feel free to keep repeating the same message ad infinitum. Peace.

WSS

20 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

"Trump asked them to."

Do you know how I know that is not true?

Because Trump hasn't taken credit for doing it.

Do you think maybe, just maybe, 3M simply started seeing orders for the masks increase? Orders coming from Overseas? Maybe even states who were reading the papers?

Or if you're not inclined to accept the above reason, then know this...

Spring time is the time in normal times that most refineries conduct their annual "turnarounds"... and they consume massive amounts of masks during outages. We scheduled our lil plant's outages to avoid Shell's turnaround and the other big boys in and around Houston for manpower primarily, but for other resources as well.

Carlos Osweda (formerly known as Wictor) is normally pretty damn spot on - very rare miss, and even those may be events not yet sorted out.

There is more in the article (back in September), but it may well be coincidental with the events you highlight, so you may well have the right take on this.

I would think the trend you mention would be accounted for (extra stock on hand) so they don't have to speed up production for busy times and slow down for slow times.

Generally it is preferred to have a steady rate of production as it's not easy, quick, or generally economical to do a ramp up and then ramp down production continually.

At least that's how my Company does Capacity planning (I've worked on that side of things before).

I'm not going too get everything right (never claimed that), I posted that as the reliability is generally quite high.

18 hours ago, JAFBF said:

Generally it is preferred to have a steady rate of production as it's not easy, quick, or generally economical to do a ramp up and then ramp down production continually.

Only true for capacity limited companies in my experience.

Cash flow and carrying cost of inventory push companies towards the responsive to demand end. Ultimately businesses strike a the best balance they can given the restraints they face.

Good discussion...