THE BROWNS BOARD

Dewine has done a great job!!

Kvoethe

Nice looking tree house Woody.😁

My new computer has a broken charger (caught it between my toes and bent it sideways) the part won't be here until April 18 _ China of course. So I'm back on my very old computer which takes forever to open and has a habit of shutting down down arbitrarily. Anyway, I'll likely stick to trying to stay open long enough to make my picks in the BB draft and check my emails.

So till then hold down the fort everyone. Stay safe and virus free.

13 minutes ago, hoorta said:

That's the problem from my POV, the total media fixation  on the Corona body count, while OTOH ignoring most of those infected don't  even need hospitalization. That's not to say the problem isn't serious, it is. But just watch, folks are going to  start tuning out  due to the  constant  media bombardment.  

yep. We can't even watch Fox News anymore - unless it's Gutfield's or Ingraham's shows. Thank goodness for recording movies overnight to watch later. Fast forward through the commercials.....

15 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Nice looking tree house Woody.😁

My new computer has a broken charger (caught it between my toes and bent it sideways) the part won't be here until April 18 _ China of course. So I'm back on my very old computer which takes forever to open and has a habit of shutting down down arbitrarily. Anyway, I'll likely stick to trying to stay open long enough to make my picks in the BB draft and check my emails.

So till then hold down the fort everyone. Stay safe and virus free.

Take care, and have a lysol can handy when yer part comes in - I'd spray that sucker but good.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Take care, and have a lysol can handy when yer part comes in - I'd spray that sucker but good.

We have Lysol spray and Clorox wipes and use them on everything coming in the house, even groceries with the wipes. We wash apples in dishsoap water, let it dry and then rinse under the faucet. All mail is wiped down and packages too. Stuff in packaging we don't need right away sits in the garage at least 3 days before moving inside, including soda in cartons.

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

We have Lysol spray and Clorox wipes and use them on everything coming in the house, even groceries with the wipes. We wash apples in dishsoap water, let it dry and then rinse under the faucet. All mail is wiped down and packages too. Stuff in packaging we don't need right away sits in the garage at least 3 days before moving inside, including soda in cartons.

Healthy Booger!! I see you're taking every precaution to stay that way. :) Me? I'm fearlessly (well mostly) going out today to the Spectrum store to exchange my dinosaur 20 mbs cable modem for a 100 mbs one. Then get some necessary groceries- pasta sauce, and search for elusive foaming antibacterial hand soap. (I still have plenty of Dial bar soap, if that's what you're wondering) BTW, Sue stopped at our high end Dorothy Lane grocery store coming home from work last night "the store that accommodates" and they did have toilet paper! Limit one- roll that is, not package.  :D   I told the wife please, we have enough other stuff to last a month, there's no place else left to store it unless you want to start using the wine cellar for overflow.  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Healthy Booger!! I see you're taking every precaution to stay that way. :) Me? I'm fearlessly (well mostly) going out today to the Spectrum store to exchange my dinosaur 20 mbs cable modem for a 100 mbs one. Then get some necessary groceries- pasta sauce, and search for elusive foaming antibacterial hand soap. (I still have plenty of Dial bar soap, if that's what you're wondering) BTW, Sue stopped at our high end Dorothy Lane grocery store coming home from work last night "the store that accommodates" and they did have toilet paper! Limit one- roll that is, not package.  :D   I told the wife please, we have enough other stuff to last a month, there's no place else left to store it unless you want to start using the wine cellar for overflow.  

wear a mask, even nitrile gloves - I felt silly, but I could dispose of them, throw my clothes in the wash, take a shower and feel really secure about it.

My Wife had to go out to the vet - it was a drive-through. Cat needs a tooth pulled, anti-biotics til it can be done.

Can't wait til all this is over. egad.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

wear a mask, even nitrile gloves - I felt silly, but I could dispose of them, throw my clothes in the wash, take a shower and feel really secure about it.

My Wife had to go out to the vet - it was a drive-through. Cat needs a tooth pulled, anti-biotics til it can be done.

Can't wait til all this is over. egad.

Patience is a virtue.

On 3/28/2020 at 12:06 PM, hoorta said:

Apparenty depends on what economist you want to believe Tour. Some  think Paul Krugman is full of crap. 

This armchair  economist just saw something  from the National  Restaurant  Association that this shutdown may well cost the permanent loss of 5-7 million  jobs. I'll  add  with a lot of  collateral damage.  GDP down 30%. India  now on lockdown.  Isn't  much going to  matter what we do now, I'm  seeing a  global depression  on the horizon.  

Besides Steve, I'd  go the Boris Johnson route. Try to  live as normally as possible unless I start  showing  symptoms. Going to  get  on the bike for an hour, that's still  allowed. What I worry about (not just me) is the probably now a million or so folks out there who are totally asymptomatic yet infectious. May not  even know  they are  infectious!!! So unless you want to tell everyone to hide under their beds all day because of our Corona  boogeyman, the number of  cases are going to  increase. 

That's the problem from my POV, the total media fixation  on the Corona body count, while OTOH ignoring most of those infected don't  even need hospitalization. That's not to say the problem isn't serious, it is. But just watch, folks are going to  start tuning out  due to the  constant  media bombardment.  

1. I don't think the economist was Krugman.

2. 5 - 7mm? Why? The heart of the Bill just passed was to fund payrolls and float loans so that businesses big and small can survive. Macy's announced mass "furloughs" today. No way should they follow thru... they've tapped their credit lines... what use is the cash if not to tide over their employees until the gov't money arrives? And that gov't money is only available to companies who have not laid off employees. I don't get it...

3. Biking is good... even safer with less traffic on the road. Just assume everyone you come across is infected. The word is "socially distance" not complete isolation... unless one has tested positive.

4. OTOH = on the other hand? My take... as long as the case and body counts are rising, people aren't going to tune out.

On 3/28/2020 at 12:21 PM, calfoxwc said:

yep. We can't even watch Fox News anymore - unless it's Gutfield's or Ingraham's shows. Thank goodness for recording movies overnight to watch later. Fast forward through the commercials.....

It's Gutfeld... and I don't even watch FNC...

But +1 on the movies... I fricken hate DirectTV, but just loaded the DVR with free Showtime and Starz movies on back-to-back weekends.

Just watched on the basis of Sex a RBG biopic... you'd have hated it... :)

42 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It's Gutfeld... and I don't even watch FNC...

But +1 on the movies... I fricken hate DirectTV, but just loaded the DVR with free Showtime and Starz movies on back-to-back weekends.

Just watched on the basis of Sex a RBG biopic... you'd have hated it... :)

Depending on how much you want to spend. Thanks to the wife having an Amazon Prime account, I loaded a $50 Firestick on my soon to be relegated to the electronic scrap heap dumb TV.  Just the amount of free stuff available could keep you entertained for months. I plunked down an extra $6 bucks a month for CBS All Access so I could watch Picard, but along with that I can watch every Star Trek episode ever filmed. Since we're on Verizon for cell phone- they gave us a perk of free Disney+ for a year, so that adds tons Disney movies, all the Star Wars movies, plus The Mandalorian spin off that I've only had the time to watch one episode of. 

RE: Directv- you and me both. If it wasn't for Sunday Ticket I'd tell them to shove it. I predicted it- when AT&T bought out Direct, it's been ruination. Another "too big to fail" business. They've gotten so bad, my co season ticket holder pal (you don't need ST in Cleveland for the Browns) dumped AT&T, even though his brother in law is a former AT&T veep.  :( I'm currently trying to find a non AT&T technician willing to upgrade the LNB on my dish on the side of my house to make it 4k compatible without having to move it to my roof. But it's on vinyl siding! Kiss my ass- it's bolted with 4" lag screws into a 4x4 corner stud, and hasn't moved at all in over 5 years. You could do chin ups on the arm.  

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

RE: Directv- you and me both. If it wasn't for Sunday Ticket I'd tell them to shove it.

Yup... seemed like every couple years the "base" cost crept up to $120/mo coming off of Sunday Ticket months. So I'd drop something and beat cost back down around $100.

Rinse, wash , repeat...

Just came out of latest Sunday Ticket rate and... back to $120... and nothing left to trim. Just basic package plus HBO... well.... I could get a digital antenna and drop local channels, but then I couldn't DVR them and zip thru commercials... also have to stay up past Weekend Update...

But one thing... at least it avoids internet lag/buffering... lots of folks streaming lots of shows these days.

Seen a little of it as well as I have Amazon Prime and a few other free Apps on my Roku.

I think DeWine has been pretty good as gov, but I won't trust him on gun control.

He's screwed up on that one, then had to reverse himself. A whole 'nuther 4 weeks.

Crap.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I think DeWine has been pretty good as gov, but I won't trust him on gun control.

He's screwed up on that one, then had to reverse himself. A whole 'nuther 4 weeks.

Crap.

I hope its only another 4 weeks, but I have a feeling it will be much longer.

29 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I hope its only another 4 weeks, but I have a feeling it will be much longer.

Then we watch a trumpy apoplectic meltdown and an all new blame game show from all quarters.😱

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

He's screwed up on that one, then had to reverse himself.

In other words he almost got it right? ;)

On 4/1/2020 at 10:58 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Then we watch a trumpy apoplectic meltdown and an all new blame game show from all quarters.😱

Already ramping up...