THE BROWNS BOARD

Coronavirus bill includes $350 million for migration, refugee assistance

Vambo

22 hours ago, Axe said:

If the United States is to return to manufacturing many things of importance to us (anti-biotics) ourselves instead of relying on China after this. And we should.. We will be needing immigrants.

I know you aren't necessarily of these immigrants, but fact is that we are hurting for pickers right now. I read somewhere is the past couple days that strawberries are rotting on the vine for want of labor to harvest them.

As for the funds in the Bill... some migrants are still crossing the border illegally and while Mexico has only a few hundred confirmed cases, it is not virus free. So sooner or later some folks will be intercepted who will be infected. Have to be able to test them and isolate them from our ICE personnel and others who have been arrested. And that means $$$...

9 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

On the other hand we need to quarantine people to their homes but migrants or whatever you call them come & go unrestricted, right?

WSS

Just learn to smile when you say, "Buenas Dias."🕺

Mexico’s coronavirus-skeptical president is setting up his country for a health crisis

Some doctors say Mexico could become the new Italy — or worse.

By Alex Ward@AlexWardVoxalex.ward@vox.com Mar 26, 2020, 1:00pm EDT

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

On the other hand we need to quarantine people to their homes but migrants or whatever you call them come & go unrestricted, right?

Random thought?

Trying out a lyric?

5 hours ago, Axe said:

"Mexico has only a couple hundred confirmed cases" 🤣

They probably don't have test kits

I don't believe any of the numbers reported. I don't think any country is honestly reporting numbers..

They are saying there are aerial photos of huge lines currently around Chinese hospitals and they believe there is a huge second wave of  the virus in China.  Of course all Western Journalists, at least US have been kicked out of the country.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

But Trump just talked to Xi...

Great friends... Xi passed along all kinds of useful trend info and other useful details...

And you've done what, besides run your cockhole about the bad orange man?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Vambo said:

Mexico’s coronavirus-skeptical president is setting up his country for a health crisis

Some doctors say Mexico could become the new Italy — or worse.

By Alex Ward@AlexWardVoxalex.ward@vox.com Mar 26, 2020, 1:00pm EDT

i drove past a short bus of field workers yesterday the bus was packed 

12 hours ago, Axe said:

And you've done what, besides run your cockhole about the bad orange man?

I guess Toursies talks out of his butt, apparently has his holes all confused....

because he thinks oral tablets and suppositories are the same thing.

That's a new TDS symptom I've haven't run across......

On 3/26/2020 at 7:48 PM, MLD Woody said:

Do you know what % of the overall stimulus package this is?

Why yes Woody- I have a pretty good calculator- it's 0.0017th (a tad over a thousandth)  of 1%, and wow the stink in some quarters- unbelievable. Some folks can't wrap their minds around how big a number a trillion is. It's a thousand billion, a million million. I hope it takes us a while to hit a quadrillion, next up on the number scale. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

They are saying there are aerial photos of huge lines currently around Chinese hospitals and they believe there is a huge second wave of  the virus in China.  Of course all Western Journalists, at least US have been kicked out of the country.

I have no idea who "they" are, but count me as extremely skeptical the Chinese have miraculously got this pandemic under total control...  For sure, we can do satellite verification if this is indeed the case. 

Next up on the conspiracy list- the Chinese have developed an effective treatment, and are secretly keeping it under wraps for the rest of the world.... 

India has just shut down their entire country. Deaths are skyrocketing in Spain. WH just declared fifteen states as disaster states.

Cases in U.S. over 115,000.

Just sad. If this really is a natural disease - imagine what would happen if it was designed to be worse.

OTH, I can go out back and hunt in the woods, practice shooting at our little range. And get ready to look for morel mushrooms. lol

all sorts of movie channels Dish put out - and rarely one worth watching. Egad, we are happy we don't pay for them.

21 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

India has just shut down their entire country. Deaths are skyrocketing in Spain. WH just declared fifteen states as disaster states.

Cases in U.S. over 115,000.

Just sad. If this really is a natural disease - imagine what would happen if it was designed to be worse.

OTH, I can go out back and hunt in the woods, practice shooting at our little range. And get ready to look for morel mushrooms. lol

all sorts of movie channels Dish put out - and rarely one worth watching. Egad, we are happy we don't pay for them.

What happens when all of Hollywood and Netflix shuts down? 

While I’m with you on the shooting. I can only “waste” so much ammo on sighting in my rifles and practice

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

I have no idea who "they" are, but count me as extremely skeptical the Chinese have miraculously got this pandemic under total control...  For sure, we can do satellite verification if this is indeed the case. 

Next up on the conspiracy list- the Chinese have developed an effective treatment, and are secretly keeping it under wraps for the rest of the world.... 

The Chinese government lies as the day is long; there's videos circulating today where citizens of Wuhan beginning to riot over Chinese quarantine measures.

As for treatment, I think the only effective one at this point is just like every other pandemic before this one: enough of the population has to get sick, survive and build immunity to the the virus to stop it's spread. Unfortunately, that also has the higher body count in the end.

I feel we're in for a long year this year.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

The Chinese government lies as the day is long; there's videos circulating today where citizens of Wuhan beginning to riot over Chinese quarantine measures.

As for treatment, I think the only effective one at this point is just like every other pandemic before this one: enough of the population has to get sick, survive and build immunity to the the virus to stop it's spread. Unfortunately, that also has the higher body count in the end.

I feel we're in for a long year this year.

jb- in all honesty MHO is that's something the CDC's opinion, and others "we can do lock down however long it takes" to minimize deaths is dead wrong. I heard a number of 18 months. A total, complete impossibility. Think about that impact just on the sports world. MLB, NCAA football, NFL, NBA, NHL gone. It will be civil disobedience on a national scale long, long before that. We can take your (medical) advice, or ignore it. Some have already claimed governors have overstepped their powers to impose these restrictions- in the name of "public safety".  Um, declaring martial law over this would certainly get challenged in Federal Court. You want riots? Just keep on keeping on. 

The $2 trillion economic package will be dwarfed shrinking the economy by at least 30% and probably a lot more. Tens of millions out of work on unemployment, with their places of employment out of business- with the Feds having to bail the states out. Get ready for a second world inflation spiral as Uncle Sam is forced to crank up the printing presses with money that isn't worth the paper it's printed on. 

Sorry about the doom and gloom.