THE BROWNS BOARD

Cynical prediction πŸ˜‹

So who remembers this phenomenon? For nearly a year after 9/11 it seems like everytime a service provider of any kind fell short of expectations or did a bad job blamed it on 9/11 whether it had anything to do with it or not? Call me a cynicΒ but I'm expecting a lot of that shit within the next six months to a year.

WSS

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Define service provider for me Steve. Thanks.

Plumbers electricians handymen Auto and other Repair landscapers anyhing you are confused about? Employers across the board as well.

We quit doing Wednesday night entertainment, we got hit pretty hard by 911.

WSS

21 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Plumbers electricians handymen Auto and other Repair landscapers anyhing you are confused about? Employers across the board as well.

We quit doing Wednesday night entertainment, we got hit pretty hard by 911.

WSS

Our county gets very specific with who can work. Anyone involved with making sure homes & autos are still functioning plus hardware stores like Home Depot, restaurants on take out, etc. can still work. But something like a card store, gun store, etc. can't. Wal-Mart Super-Center can because of the groceries. Most now have gate keepers to limit number coming in and going out so distancing inside is safe enough. Same applies to regular grocers now. They even have a person assigning which checkout to go through with red tape line to stay behind until the person in front is gone. Kind of like those privacy lines in drug stores, but even a little more distance. One improvement they could do is put one way signs on each isle so you don't pass anyone too close from the opposite direction. I think I will suggest that to my cousin who is an area manager for HEB grocers in Travis county and other counties around it like ours.

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Our county gets very specific with who can work. Anyone involved with making sure homes & autos are still functioning plus hardware stores like Home Depot, restaurants on take out, etc. can still work. But something lie a card store, gun store, etc. can't. Wal-Mart Super-Center can because of the groceries. Most now have gate keepers to limit number coming in and going out so distancing inside is safe enough. Same applies to regular grocers now. They even have a person assigning which checkout to go through with red tape line to stay behind until the person in front is gone. Kind of like those privacy lines in drug stores, but even a little more distance. One improvement they could do is put one way signs on each isle so you don't pass anyone too close from the opposite direction. I think I will suggest that to my cousin who is an area manager for HEB grocers in Travis county and other counties around it like ours.

Not quite sure you got my meaning. Using 911 as an excuse for slow or non-existent service is different than what's going on today but I believe the people willΒ use this as an excuse for anything they fuck up. Still.

WSS

51 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Not quite sure you got my meaning. Using 911 as an excuse for slow or non-existent service is different than what's going on today but I believe the people willΒ use this as an excuse for anything they fuck up. Still.

WSS

Ah, therein lies the miscommunication. You said 9/11 which I thought was referring to the time just after 9/11, not 911 calls.😁