THE BROWNS BOARD

Stay-at-home orders or not?

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/490695-several-states-have-yet-to-issue-stay-at-home-orders

It shouldn't come as a surprise to any of you but my opinion is that our response to this virus has been flawed in many ways mostly because of media fear-mongering overreaction and political bulshit. A while ago we mentioned a handful of States, many of which are listed in this article as well, who refused put the clamps on public businesses including restaurants and bars church services and other gatherings.

If they are wrong, and I repeat, if, the death tolls in these places should be monumentally higher than the rest of the country and or the world. If not that means that other factors have been overlooked or overrun by mass panic.

WSS

Fla went into lockdown/Stay at home order at midnight last night.

Here is the order. Pg4 sec 3 is where the essential activities are listed

https://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news/article241685746.ece/BINARY/DeSantis’ statewide order.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3aWZ-WD2Rl2nbG41kY66WJL3U2tuX6E47kZbR6aU3ccRE0kXdqVs8u9zs#storylink=readmore_inline

It wont change my activities much. I still have to do what I do and I still have one business to go tend to.

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

If they are wrong, and I repeat, if, the death tolls in these places should be monumentally higher than the rest of the country and or the world. If not that means that other factors have been overlooked or overrun by mass panic.

"Should" as in "already" or "ultimately"?

37 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Didn't think it was that vague but how about ultimately? Soon? Inevitably? I guess we shall see. Did I hear the incubation. With what five days? If so we should know pretty soon.

It was..

First seek to understand, then seek to be understood is my new moto down here...

If soon is four-weeks from now (three at the earliest, a/k/a a "Trump soon")... then yes, soon.

Also can't tabulate the pure number of deaths... measure has to be deaths per 100,000 population or similar as many of the less populous states are the ones who have delayed stay-at-home the longest.

The other key we can look at while we wait for the "Butcher's bill" is the rise of new deaths in a state. Already seeing the spike in Florida.

image.thumb.png.d5c809ef2de9fe3f2ec116e05d916cf1.png