THE BROWNS BOARD

Relieved Captain of USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT tests positive for Coronavirus

More to the story - the Commander made a special trip to Guam ?????? to make his speech to people

???

https://www.theblaze.com/news/hold-acting-navy-secretary-tells-uss-theodore-roosevelt-crew-their-former-captain-is-either-naive-or-stupid

" The Daily Caller first broke the story of the speech and released the transcript, showing that Modly told the crew that if Crozier "didn't think, in my opinion, that this information wasn't going to get out into the public, in this day and information age that we live in, then he was either A, too naive, or too stupid to be a commanding officer of a ship like this. The alternative is that he did this on purpose."

"...In response to that, Sec. Modly explained in his speech, "One of the things about his email that bothered me the most was saying that we are not at war, that we aren't technically at war. But let me tell ya something, the only reason we are dealing with this right now is a big authoritative regime called China was not forthcoming about what was happening with this virus and they put the world at risk to protect themselves and to protect their reputations."

"...Sec. Modly also disclosed to the crew of the USS Theodore Roosevelt that it was their shipmates "on the shore right now who told me when Captain Crozier's email made it to the San Francisco Chronicle after working 15 hour days—they were demoralized because they knew what they had been doing for you guys since the 25th of March to get you guys what you needed."

Sec. of the Navy is absolutely correct. I think the Commander panicked, unaware of the logistical problems - and he never communicated with his supervisor over the issue? Doing the right thing at the wrong time the wrong way - I don't know what led him to so publicly break protocol - but a big bad emotional left-handed public splash is NOT done.

It's HOW he did it. Too bad - faulty judgement.

Of course now that trumpy has fired the acting Sec. of the Navy over this, that may start to create a bit of cognitive dissonance among the Trumpettes who agreed with the fired Sec. of the Navy.  LOL! 😁

"Uh oh! Please Pres. trumpy🤴 what do you want me to believe now?"-Ur loyal subjects.😴

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Of course now that trumpy has fired the acting Sec. of the Navy over this, that may start to create a bit of cognitive dissonance among the Trumpettes who agreed with the fired Sec. of the Navy.  LOL! 😁

"Uh oh! Please Pres. trumpy🤴 what do you want me to believe now?"-Ur loyal subjects.😴

not at all. The Sec of the Navy was wrong to publicly ridicule the Commander. He "resigned" - for good reason.

The Commander ended up having covid19 - my guess is, he panicked in a bad way. Too bad. It isn't like they were stationed at Norfolk or the like. I honestly don't know how big the base is at Guam....

8 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

not at all. The Sec of the Navy was wrong to publicly ridicule the Commander. He "resigned" - for good reason.

The Commander ended up having covid19 - my guess is, he panicked in a bad way. Too bad. It isn't like they were stationed at Norfolk or the like. I honestly don't know how big the base is at Guam....

The ship is homeported in San Diego.  They were sent to Guam which is not even a regular port call for a carrier due to the virus I imagine.  They were on a scheduled deployment.  The proper term is Captain, not Commander.

6 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

The ship is homeported in San Diego.  They were sent to Guam which is not even a regular port call for a carrier due to the virus I imagine.  They were on a scheduled deployment.  The proper term is Captain, not Commander.

Thanks. My bad. I wish I had been in the Navy - that was my first choice.

50 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Thanks. My bad. I wish I had been in the Navy - that was my first choice.

You were lucky to be granted a waiver on your knee to get into any of the services. I'll bet the Navy would not while the Air Force would.

46 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You were lucky to be granted a waiver on your knee to get into any of the services. I'll bet the Navy would not while the Air Force would.

Actually, true, I never got a waiver per se, the docs at the physical ONLY let me go ahead and enlist in the AF, but they would NOt have if I was going into the Navy. And I had to talk them into letting me go ahead for the AF, and they nearly didn't let me. I just told them they had to let me try. Finally they consulted as a group, the head dr came over and said against their better judgement, they were going to let me go ahead, but they didn't think my knee would make it halfway through.

Ah, the good old days.

• Upvote 1