THE BROWNS BOARD

BQ workin it with the rooks.

DestinFunk

So now that Favre has jerked around the Vikings, does anyone think the trade rumors with the Browns will heat up again?

If you're the Vikings, who do you know more about - Sage Rosenfels or Brady Quinn? I doubt DA would work well in that offensive style.

If you're the Vikings, who do you know more about - Sage Rosenfels or Brady Quinn? I doubt DA would work well in that offensive style.

Seriously...DA is more in the mold of Favre than Quinn is. Remember, they were pushing hard for Favre. I really think they would look more at DA than they would Quinn. Especially because they'd have to give up less for DA. Remember, Mankok and Co. already turned down trades for Quinn involving 1st rounders. I really think the offer would have to totally blow them away for Mangini to let Quinn loose.

It doesn't actually surprise me either. BQ is a hard worker and really wants to earn the starter spot.

The kid was a special QB in College, so are allot of other QBs that never made it in the NFL.

I will reserve the right to call him special until he actually does something to prove it. Please remember that he has not fared any better than DA did in his first 3 starts. And I though I will not call into question his potential I would not call him special up to this point. He has not shown it in the preseason (refering to last year when he got first team starts and reps) and only looked good in one start where he got a 104 QB rating against a horrible defense and then had two games that brought that 104 down to a 66.6.

He has the tools and will get his chance but ease up on the special labels until he actually does something in the NFL. Notice I only mentioned DA in connection with the fact that both DA and BQ have very very similar stats in their first 3 starts (actually DA is slightly better). The rest of it has nothing to do with DA. Just hold off on the he is special tag until after he proves it. Especially from somebody who considers good performances against awful defenses as meaningless.

Sisky, you know I think your a good guy, but I have to be real...

Dont you think Derek has some inadequacies he needs to work on?

Plus, this is a competition and you have to rise at least to the level of your opponent if not higher, if I were DA, for every hour of work BQ put in, I'd do 2, I'd do anything to get better and to look better to the coaches

I don't think I see anywhere in what sisky said that even implied that DA did not have things to work on. As I read what he said was that BQ was in camp early to work on his flaws and try and put himself in better position to win the starting QB job. Where do you guys find a fault in what he really said?

And, Do any of you really not think that the 12 million bonus means nothing to BQ? Why do you think BQ held out of camp as a rookie. So he could get those incentives. Of course BQ is a hard worker. Of course he wants to be a winner and start for his favorite team. And OF COURSE he wants his 12 million bonus. If the money did not matter to him at all he would have signed a contract way before he did.

Now that BQ sees a legitimate chance to win the starting QB spot he is doing everything he can do to be the starter. Everything he can do to improve on his game. And YES everything he can do to make his money. If you think he would play this game for free you are nuts. Did he even give the Browns a home team discount when he signed his contract? Or did he do like everybody else would and try and get maximum earning potential?

As far as DA goes. Well I tend to agree that if I was DA I would have been in camp also so that I can learn the offense and try and impress the coaching staff. Though the veterans do not have to be in camp until next week I would agree that it is up to the Qb to show leadership and in this instance I think BQ won round 2. Round 1 seems to have been a draw (OTC). Lets see how the rest of the fight pans out.

And conversly about DA? What does his summer schedule say about him? That he feels he already deserves the money he gets and the starting job?

so tell me...which guy do you respect more then>

I think you guys are putting to much in to this. We don't know what DA has been doing.

I think it stems more from the fact BQ lives in the area.

I think it is a safe bet DA has been tossing a few footballs this summer...it's great BQ is bonding with the rookies...so what.

It is all going to play out over the next month or so. No need to get in to a pissing contest over stupid stuff.

My guy is working harder than your guy!

No he isn't!

Yes he is!!

No he isn't!!

Na na na boo boo...

Geesh...doesn't this conversation ever get old???

Oh...was just clicking on you JAD..it isn't necessarily directed solely at you.

I got news for you. Anderson has a lot riding on this as well if he wants to be a winner. If he really wanted to be the leader of this team his ass would be at camp, not at some restaurant in downtown Portland.

Leave it to a DA poser to write that the only reason Quinn is there is for the bonus. The only reason he studies, lifts, works out, and doesn't take time off is because he wants the bonus? Has nothing to do with the fact that he is a hard worker and hungry to make the team a winner, right?

so what do you have to say now that we found out DA's been there as well?

....with ZERO ties in CLE, the pariah, across the entire country away from his family, friends, his dog (!), working out with the rookies when he doesn't even have to be there. what a guy, huh? all to keep Quinn from getting the edge. it's impressive how selective we can be.

and w/ Quinn it's not just some silly little bonus we can dismiss as if he isn't aware of it. he's essentially playing for the past three years right now. it's not only for 3 yrs back pay but also future escalators. the window has almost shut and it's do or die time.

his entire contract pivots upon him getting those 70% snaps-they are the proverbial end-all, be-all for him right now. team first? sure, that would be cool to believe but don't fool yourself, he's practicing to beat Derek Anderson. it all begins there.

folks, i think our two QB's have fully bought into the competition themselves. seems we have a full-fledged QB rivalry right here under our noses. shoulda known--the fans make for a good test group.

although i feel JADBF was just jerking us around for his own enjoyment some of you are so impressively closed-minded regarding DA. i really think it impairs you a bit.

so what do you have to say now that we found out DA's been there as well?

....with ZERO ties in CLE, the pariah, across the entire country away from his family, friends, his dog (!), working out with the rookies when he doesn't even have to be there. what a guy, huh? all to keep Quinn from getting the edge. it's impressive how selective we can be.

and w/ Quinn it's not just some silly little bonus we can dismiss as if he isn't aware of it. he's essentially playing for the past three years right now. it's not only for 3 yrs back pay but also future escalators. the window has almost shut and it's do or die time.

his entire contract pivots upon him getting those 70% snaps-they are the proverbial end-all, be-all for him right now. team first? sure, that would be cool to believe but don't fool yourself, he's practicing to beat Derek Anderson. it all begins there.

folks, i think our two QB's have fully bought into the competition themselves. seems we have a full-fledged QB rivalry right here under our noses. shoulda known--the fans make for a good test group.

although i feel JADBF was just jerking us around for his own enjoyment some of you are so impressively closed-minded regarding DA. i really think it impairs you a bit.

Agree. Anderson deserves a shot, and looks to be giving it 110 percent. Go get em DA.

I resemble that remark!! ;)
you had me good.

That int that DA threw to the guy I had never heard of before? Turns out Dabol blamed that INT on the TE running the wrogn route...

speaking of...i am a bit leary of Robert Royals for that very reason. he gives up a lot of INT's. just for ex: B-mac had at least one, possibly two..

Hey I have a idea lets just sit back and watch and may the best person win! You can suck off Brady or D.A. all you want but WE dont matter. IF Anderson does start and pulls off a win against Shitburgh will you guys get off his case???? I want to see Quinn start and do well but if D.A. starts I still want the Browns to win. But it seems to me alot of you wont be happy until Brady starts. I just so sick of loseing and im not going to blame 1 person.

Why would anyone want DA to be the starting QB? He is not now, nor ever will be the answer. I don't even think it takes incredible insight to see this. He does not carry himself like a franchise QB, he does not act like a franchise QB, he does not lead his team like a franchise QB, etc. And I don't want to hear about the big arm - Jeff George had a huge arm, so does Jamarcus Russell.

I can see how some people may not be too high on Quinn, but give him a chance. For the life of me, I cannot understand why someone would actually want DA to start...unless you're some douche from Oregon.

WHAT I said was IF he starts. and if the coaches start him ( D.A.) are you going to want us to lose. WTF

I wasn't directing my post at you, Med. It was a rant directed at the general ignorant support (IMO) for DA.

Oh my bad. But I feel the same way about Brady. If D.A. wins the starting job then we need to get another franchise qb because Brady isnt the answer.

I agree that Brady may not be the answer. I just think we need to see what he can do this season in real games before we make any decision.

I agree that Brady may not be the answer. I just think we need to see what he can do this season in real games before we make any decision.

What is amazing about the Brady bashing this camp is even by the detracters own omittance that he has the better short game, what this offense is built around.

Yet, he couldn't even be serviceable?

Yeah, that's the complication here to a straight up competition. We still don't REALLY know.

I'm not entirely convinced that BQ is better than DA. But I'd like to find out.

If we were running a vertical offense that needed a gunslinger, Quinn would already be gone. But Randy has his Patriots love and got a guy who would enact it. Thus Quinn still is a Brown.

I don't buy the Randy loves Quinn gig one bit. I think for Mangini, it's a straight-up, balls to the walls, guns' ablazing competition. Heck, if he wanted Quinn, Quinn would named the starter in fact.

I agree.

Why would Randy love a guy drafted by a failure, who he made a point of firing in a public way???

Randy has little to do with it.

If we were running a vertical offense that needed a gunslinger, Quinn would already be gone. But Randy has his Patriots love and got a guy who would enact it. Thus Quinn still is a Brown.

I'm not sure how many offenses run a vertical offense anymore.

The Raiders?

I agree.

Why would Randy love a guy drafted by a failure, who he made a point of firing in a public way???

Randy has little to do with it.

Randy drafted Quinn, not Savage. While Savage has his faults, drafting Quinn was not one of them. He was ordered to make the Quinn trade. That is a fact.

Randy wants the Browns to be built on the Patriots philosophy and after the Savage/Crennel debacle, he will absolutely sure we will.

Derek Anderson is anti-matter to him. Everything the Patriots aren't. He wants nothing to do with him. Mangini's 'QB' competition thus IMO is half real half farce. If Quinn isn't the QB opening game, Randy will explode.

I'm not sure how many offenses run a vertical offense anymore.

The Raiders?

Vertical seems a little far fetched when Dumb Ass is throwing screen passes to T-Suggs. I'm thinking more in-line with breathilizer.

- Tom F. (Willing to be a huge Ratliff fan if necessary)

Randy drafted Quinn, not Savage. While Savage has his faults, drafting Quinn was not one of them. He was ordered to make the Quinn trade. That is a fact.

Randy wants the Browns to be built on the Patriots philosophy and after the Savage/Crennel debacle, he will absolutely sure we will.

What drugs are YOU on????

First you say Randy is involved in the day to day decisions - even going as far to say he DRAFTS the QB's.

Then you say he wants to model the team after the Patriots - and who doesn't (Not as easy it looks.)

So you're saying Robert Kraft drafts players?

Trust me, Randy Lerner is a smart guy. Smart enough to know he is an idiot when it comes to drafting players, especially when it comes to trading picks to get one, and more specifically he knows he don't know shit about QB's in the NFL. There is such a small percentage of guys who know starting QB's when they see them, and I am betting Lerner knows he isn't in that club. In fact, I am positvie he had zero to do with drafting Quinn. Maybe Savage was trying to make himself look good by making a splash for Quinn. But don't tell me Randy made that decision. That is coming from Lumnuts.

Vertical seems a little far fetched when Dumb Ass is throwing screen passes to T-Suggs. I'm thinking more in-line with breathilizer.

- Tom F. (Willing to be a huge Ratliff fan if necessary)

Tom, here is a word of advice - QB's sometimes throw interceptions.

While Savage has his faults, drafting Quinn was not one of them. He was ordered to make the Quinn trade. That is a fact.

I still cannot get over the fact that you actually believe what you just wrote. I am astounded that you put this on the interent, and shared this stupidity with the Browns Board. I mean come on, I offer myself up for shots here and there, but this is just blatant ignorance of the highest order. It is unbelievably moronic, and I am leaving this board right now so that your idiocy and futility don't leave its mark on me.

Archived