THE BROWNS BOARD

Big Gay Ben relaxes with Shaq

Guest TheJokersWILD

I should have known you wouldn't be man enough to do it.

The smack was started by Holmes and propigated by you. All I did was point out that a thread containing discussion about a rape charge was not an appropriate forum for such comments. If that hurt your feelings ... too bad.

So the changing of names and editing of the story was not to be seen as smack?

If the purpose of this thread was to post the discussion of a players appearance on a show after having sexual assault charges alleged against him then why not post it as such without all of the edits?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is all coming from a guy who said this in another thread...

What's it gonna be? First you laugh because I posted a Lombardi trophy, now we have talent.Whats wrong with having a goal of winning a Super Bowl? When the season starts everyone has the same record and everyone has a chance to compete. THAT IS WHY THEY PLAY THESE THINGS CALLED GAMES! Any team can make the playoff even the lowly Lions. Blow it out your ass Holmes10

You do have talent yes, but not enough talent yet especially at QB to consider yourselves a legitimate Super Bowl contender. How many big games and Im talking playoff caliber games have Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson played so far in their NFL career enough to know if they are for real or not?? We know what Derek Anderson does everytime he plays in a big game he folds like a long chair. Brady Quinn has yet to start against the Steelers and the Ravens the two teams ahead of the Browns in this division still so we dont know how he will react and respond when he has to go up against those two defenses. The Browns could be decent but it will all come down to whether or not their defense can stop the run and play better and they can get better consistant play out of their QB.

How is Eric Mangini considered a legitimate head coach?? What did he do in his 3 years as the Jets head coach?? How many playoff wins does he have?? I know last year his team was 8-3 last year at one point he lost 4 out of the last 5 games when the Jets were in total control of the AFC East, and would have lost all 5 had JP Losman not gift wrapped a game for the Jets in which they had no business winning. Now Im sure some of you will blame most of that on Brett Favre imploding and that might be true, but to sit there and not hold Mangini somewhat responsible for that Jets implosion at the end of the season last year would be unfair. The guy has one playoff appearance in a year where the Jets had a very weak schedule, and went out in the first round of the playoffs that year to the Patriots. He has a long long way to go in my opinion before he proves himself to be as you like to say a legitimate head coach because the guy has not won anything yet...

So the changing of names and editing of the story was not to be seen as smack?

If the purpose of this thread was to post the discussion of a players appearance on a show after having sexual assault charges alleged against him then why not post it as such without all of the edits?

Because this is a Browns site. Of course, we going to harrass any of the players from any of the other teams in our division and I fully anticipate that if I went to a rivals board they would be doing the same to us. Seriously, did you really think you would find us kissing Ben's ass like all of the Steelers fans do?

If this is something that truly bothers you then, perhaps, you need to stay on Steelers boards only.

Guest TheJokersWILD
You do have talent yes, but not enough talent yet especially at QB to consider yourselves a legitimate Super Bowl contender. How many big games and Im talking playoff caliber games have Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson played so far in their NFL career enough to know if they are for real or not?? We know what Derek Anderson does everytime he plays in a big game he folds like a long chair. Brady Quinn has yet to start against the Steelers and the Ravens the two teams ahead of the Browns in this division still so we dont know how he will react and respond when he has to go up against those two defenses. The Browns could be decent but it will all come down to whether or not their defense can stop the run and play better and they can get better consistant play out of their QB.

I just don't see how you can make that statement when the season hasn't started yet. If we played half the season and have a losing record then I might buy that especially if we have lost some division games. I bet you can make the arguement that nobody in the Lions organization should even talk about SuperBowl but that's the kinda attitude that losers have. If I was the coach of the Lions I would have posters of SuperBowl trophys plastered all over the lockeroom letting them know that if they want it bad enough that could have it and I expect them to seriously compete for it.

How is Eric Mangini considered a legitimate head coach?? What did he do in his 3 years as the Jets head coach?? How many playoff wins does he have?? I know last year his team was 8-3 last year at one point he lost 4 out of the last 5 games when the Jets were in total control of the AFC East, and would have lost all 5 had JP Losman not gift wrapped a game for the Jets in which they had no business winning. Now Im sure some of you will blame most of that on Brett Favre imploding and that might be true, but to sit there and not hold Mangini somewhat responsible for that Jets implosion at the end of the season last year would be unfair. The guy has one playoff appearance in a year where the Jets had a very weak schedule, and went out in the first round of the playoffs that year to the Patriots. He has a long long way to go in my opinion before he proves himself to be as you like to say a legitimate head coach because the guy has not won anything yet...

Arguments could be made both for or against Mangini however only time will tell who is right. I choose to believe that he is a legimitate head coach just as I am sure you chose to believe that Tomlin was going to be a legitimate head coach when he hadn't won anything yet either.

Dude, Why are you still here? Didn't you whazz on your internet printout of your six trophys? We root for real football here, Not Steroid/Payoff produced phoniness. Why don't you go wag your skirt at some Bungholes or Flying Rat fans?

Doug

Arguments could be made both for or against Mangini however only time will tell who is right. I choose to believe that he is a legimitate head coach just as I am sure you chose to believe that Tomlin was going to be a legitimate head coach when he hadn't won anything yet either.

Lets face it, after Davis and Crennel most any coach would look good. I honestly think other than Shanahan Mangini was a good choice.

Because this is a Browns site. Of course, we going to harrass any of the players from any of the other teams in our division and I fully anticipate that if I went to a rivals board they would be doing the same to us. Seriously, did you really think you would find us kissing Ben's ass like all of the Steelers fans do?

If this is something that truly bothers you then, perhaps, you need to stay on Steelers boards only.

I do not mind the harassing, it does not bother me at all. My point was that you cant complain when you get smacked back and try to portray this thread as a legit story for informative purposes when it is presented like that.

Dude, Why are you still here? Didn't you whazz on your internet printout of your six trophys? We root for real football here, Not Steroid/Payoff produced phoniness. Why don't you go wag your skirt at some Bungholes or Flying Rat fans?

Doug

Well then you better go back to the late 1980's then because that was the last time anybody actually gave 2 shits about the Browns or anybody actually talked about them as being a legit contender. Since 1992 the Steelers have made the playoffs 12 times out of 17 seasons,played in 3 Super Bowls and won 2,played in 7 AFC Championship Games,and have played host to 15 playoff games and won a total of 14 playoff games overall in that span. The Browns despite their 3 year absence from the league from 1996-1999 have only won 1 playoff game,only hosted 1 playoff game which both occured during the 1994 season,and have only made the playoffs 1 time in their 10 seasons since returning to the league in 1999 and guess who they got beat by the Steelers.

All the hell you do is piss and moan about steroids this steroids that and make excuses because your arguments in comparing the Browns to the Steelers hold no substance at all. You have a loser excuse making mentality but that's to be expected being a Cleveland sports fan. I mean even the Cavs with the best record in the league this year and Lebron James having lost only 1 home game all year long still couldnt win in the playoffs with home court advantage choking to the Orlando Magic who had no business beating the Cavs. Choking is in Cleveland's sports blood. It's a tradition. It spreads to the Indians who choked in game 7 to the Marlins in 97 and havent won amything since 1949, all the way through the Cavs who are at least respectable down to the lowly Browns who gagged in the playoffs in the late 80's 3 out of 4 years to the Broncos...

Guest TheJokersWILD
Well then you better go back to the late 1980's then because that was the last time anybody actually gave 2 shits about the Browns or anybody actually talked about them as being a legit contender. Since 1992 the Steelers have made the playoffs 12 times out of 17 seasons,played in 3 Super Bowls and won 2,played in 7 AFC Championship Games,and have played host to 15 playoff games and won a total of 14 playoff games overall in that span. The Browns despite their 3 year absence from the league from 1996-1999 have only won 1 playoff game,only hosted 1 playoff game which both occured during the 1994 season,and have only made the playoffs 1 time in their 10 seasons since returning to the league in 1999 and guess who they got beat by the Steelers.

All the hell you do is piss and moan about steroids this steroids that and make excuses because your arguments in comparing the Browns to the Steelers hold no substance at all. You have a loser excuse making mentality but that's to be expected being a Cleveland sports fan. I mean even the Cavs with the best record in the league this year and Lebron James having lost only 1 home game all year long still couldnt win in the playoffs with home court advantage choking to the Orlando Magic who had no business beating the Cavs. Choking is in Cleveland's sports blood. It's a tradition. It spreads to the Indians who choked in game 7 to the Marlins in 97 and havent won amything since 1949, all the way through the Cavs who are at least respectable down to the lowly Browns who gagged in the playoffs in the late 80's 3 out of 4 years to the Broncos...

Are you talking about the same Magic team that made eighteen three point baskets in one game in that series? Trust me it wasn't just the Cavs fault, you gotta give the Magic credit because they played a hell of a series. Everybody knew we didn't match up well with the Magic going into that series, Turkgolu was lights out in that series,Alston was making clutch shots, Lewis was making parimeter shots, and Peitrus did a great job defending LeBron.Don't forget that people had the illusion that our bench was better than it really was (depth) but I knew we were in trouble. Speaking about choking, what about the year the Steelers lost in the Super Bowl when O'Donnell was at the helm?

Are you talking about the same Magic team that made eighteen three point baskets in one game in that series? Trust me it wasn't just the Cavs fault, you gotta give the Magic credit because they played a hell of a series. Everybody knew we didn't match up well with the Magic going into that series, Turkgolu was lights out in that series,Alston was making clutch shots, Lewis was making parimeter shots, and Peitrus did a great job defending LeBron.Don't forget that people had the illusion that our bench was better than it really was (depth) but I knew we were in trouble. Speaking about choking, what about the year the Steelers lost in the Super Bowl when O'Donnell was at the helm?

I agree totally with you totally there. O' Donnell completely choked in that game and completely gave it away. He is the only reason the Steelers lost that game to the Cowboys in Super Bowl XXX seeing that the Steelers completely dominated and shutdown Aikman,Smith,and Irvin for 3/4 of that football game. If O' Donnell doesnt throw those horrific INT's the Steelers have 7 Super Bowl Championships as we sit here today. But the bottom line is he did throw them, he choked,and in the end the Cowboys made the plays in that game and the Steelers didnt. Believe me no other game in Steelers recent history since I have been a fan since the mid 80's gets under my skin more then that loss in that Super Bowl to the Cowboys. It was my first ever chance to see the Steelers play in the Super Bowl and it was absolutely devistating to watch believe me.

Archived