THE BROWNS BOARD

Hydroxychloroquine showed no benefit in VA virus study

All fuckery aside, my wife said they were giving hydrochloroquine to the patients on her unit and it didn’t seem to make much of a difference. They had a big group of guys from a VA retirement home in KY and they were attempting to utilize it to pretty shit results.  One of the deaths beat her up pretty good because the news reported that he died alone when she was there along with other nurses comforting him. It has been pretty awful.

Democratic state lawmaker thanks Trump and hydroxychloroquine for recovery from coronavirus

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/491612-democratic-state-rep-thanks-trump-and-hydroxychloroquine-for-recovery

Michigan Democratic state Rep. Karen Whitsett credited hydroxychloroquine and President Trump for her speedy recovery from COVID-19, according to the Detroit Free Press.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Works for some others not so much.

26 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

All of Dr Zevs results are completely based in what he's reporting. No peer review. No academic study. 

I'm not even sure if he's actually confirmed those 1450 patients have COVID

:sigh:

Tell ya what libs. If you are unlucky enough to contract the virus then decline the chloroquine treatment.. It's simple.. Orange man bad.. Decline it!

Me? If I'm unlucky enough to contract the virus.. I want to start the 3 drug regimen the day I test positive.

I have to wonder, aside from Trump mentioning the positive possibilities of this drug, why is the left so against something that has clearly helped countless people? It's almost as if they don't want this to go away. 🤔

• Thanks 1

Why its not working must be that they had not included the secret ingredient in Dr. Zel's recipe.. zinc sulfate!!!

It is  the combination of the three that doctors have been touting.

No zinc here:

“We performed a retrospective analysis of data from patients hospitalized with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection in all United States Veterans Health Administration medical centers until April 11, 2020,” the researchers explained. Some 97 patients had been treated with just hydroxycholoroquine, 113 were treated with hydroxycholoroquine and the antibiotic azithromycin and 158 received “standard supportive management” for COVID-19.

Apr 2, 2020 - ... called hydroxychloroquine, the antibiotic azithromycin and zinc sulfate. ... treating the coronavirus with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, …

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Why its not working must be that they had not included the secret ingredient in Dr. Zel's recipe.. zinc sulfate!!!

It is  the combination of the three that doctors have been touting.

No zinc here:

“We performed a retrospective analysis of data from patients hospitalized with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection in all United States Veterans Health Administration medical centers until April 11, 2020,” the researchers explained. Some 97 patients had been treated with just hydroxycholoroquine, 113 were treated with hydroxycholoroquine and the antibiotic azithromycin and 158 received “standard supportive management” for COVID-19.

Apr 2, 2020 - ... called hydroxychloroquine, the antibiotic azithromycin and zinc sulfate. ... treating the coronavirus with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, ...

I know it's a blog but..
https://blogs.sciencemag.org › archives › 2020/04/06 › hydr…

Apr 6, 2020 - It just baffles me why zinc supplementation is not being tested in combination with the chloroquine derivatives and azithromycin. It's at least ...

That is the cocktail combo I would go with. Not just the hydroxychloroquine but with the added zpac and zinc. We may find better options as we go down the road but that combo seems to me to be the best tool in our tool box for now in fighting the virus.

• Upvote 1

beef2.jpg

• Report this morning about a doctor in LA who saw benefits on his serious ill patients using HCQ + Zinc. https://abc7news.com/coronavirus-drug-covid-19-malaria-hydroxychloroquine/6079864/

This doctor says he found HCQ only works if combined with zinc.
    It’s what I was saying earlier – maybe the trials of HCQ are so spotty because it only works on patients that have enough serum zinc to transport into the cells.
    “Sunday, April 5, 2020 8:48PM
    LOS ANGELES — A Los Angeles doctor said he is seeing significant success in prescribing the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine in combination with zinc to treat patients with severe symptoms of COVID-19…
    Dr. Anthony Cardillo said he has seen very promising results when prescribing hydroxychloroquine in combination with zinc for the most severely-ill COVID-19 patients.
    “Every patient I’ve prescribed it to has been very, very ill and within 8 to 12 hours, they were basically symptom-free,” Cardillo told Eyewitness News. “So clinically I am seeing a resolution.”
    He said he has found it only works if combined with zinc. The drug, he said, opens a channel for the zinc to enter the cell and block virus replication.
    He added that the drug should not be prescribed for those who are presenting only mild symptoms, as there are concerns about shortages for patients with other conditions who need to take the drug on a regular basis.
    1. 1. Treatment with HCQ and zinc only – Dr. Cardillo

1. LA doctor seeing success with hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19
      https://abc7news.com/coronavirus-drug-covid-19-malaria-hydroxychloroquine/6079864/

2. With HCQ+AZ+Zn
      NY Dr. Vladimir Zelenko: Cocktail of HCQ, Zinc Sulfate and Azithromycin showing phenomenal results with 900 coronavirus patients treated – https://tinyurl.com/HCQ-Zinc-Zelenko

3. Nevada MD explains why zinc ionophore therapy works
      https://www.theepochtimes.com/old-drug-may-provide-promising-new-treatment-for-covid-19_3277523.html

(2020). Does Zinc Supplementation Enhance the Clinical Efficacy of Chloroquine/Hydroxychloroquine to Win Todays Battle Against COVID-19?. 10.20944/preprints202004.0124.v1.

Currently, drug repurposing is an alternative to novel drug development for the treatment of COVID-19 patients. The antimalarial drug chloroquine (CQ) and its metabolite hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are currently being tested in several clinical studies as potential candidates to limit SARS-CoV-2-mediated morbidity and mortality. CQ and HCQ (CQ/HCQ) inhibit pH-dependent steps of SARS-CoV-2 replication by increasing pH in intracellular vesicles and interfere with virus particle delivery into host cells. Besides direct antiviral effects, CQ/HCQ specifically target extracellular zinc to intracellular lysosomes where it interferes with RNA-dependent RNA polymerase activity and coronavirus replication. As zinc deficiency frequently occurs in elderly patients and in those with cardiovascular disease, chronic pulmonary disease, or diabetes, we hypothesize that CQ/HCQ plus zinc supplementation may be more effective in reducing COVID-19 morbidity and mortality than CQ or HCQ in monotherapy. Therefore, CQ/HCQ in combination with zinc should be considered as additional study arm for COVID-19 clinical tri

• Administration of Hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin does NOT stop the increase in viral load.

ZINC SULFATE is the chemical compound that stops the viral load increase.

SO, the “drug cocktail” to treat COVID-19 patients is : hydroxychloroquine+azithromycin+ZINC SULFATE.

ZINC SULFATE is the “key” and why it is capitalized.

COVID-19 patients are being SAVED in NY, FL, MI, and CA. I “know for a fact” that ZINC SULFATE was included in the New York and California “drug cocktails.” Given the extremely fast improvement in breathing in the Florida and Michigan patients, I assume ZINC SULFATE was included.

I do not think Dr. OZ is pedaling “CRAP.” I believe any treatment that involves hydroxychloroquine is resisted BECAUSE “Doctor” TRUMP uttered the word “hydroxychloroquine.”

I conclude that Liberals would rather diminish Trump than save lives.

Hydroxychloriquine opens the doors (if you will) on the cell membrane, which allows ZINC Sulfate to enter the cell and interrupt the mitochondria. This stops cell replication. Honestly, the whole article appears to be mostly slanted against hydroxychloriquine. Maybe if the author were to look a little further into which meds in combination were 100% effective instead of just one insignificant example with only 2 of the 3 drugs (missing the most important-ZINC),

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/04/06/hydroxychloroquine-update-for-april-6

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Yes, but one of the two other meds must include zinc sulfate.

yep -

"Zelenko said that he has been using a cocktail of drugs on his patients: hydroxychloroquine, in combination with azithromycin — an antibiotic to treat secondary infections — and zinc sulfate, which studies have suggested slows down virus replication in the body. "

Any sane person would be rooting for the drug's success. Only those who have lost all rational thought with Trump Derangement Syndrome would root for the drug to fail primarily because Trump endorsed it. What if Trump had not endorsed it? One democrat state senator in Michigan who says the drug saved her life said she would have never known to have asked about it except she heard Trump speak about it at his presser.

I know of at least one testimony locally of a nurse who tested positive with the virus with the normal symptoms and the next day after given the hyrdroxychloroquine, zpack and zinc cocktail had no symptoms and was testing neg for the virus. We can't and shouldn't  expect these results in every case but it does appear this cocktail is the best option to take at this time.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Any sane person would be rooting for the drug's success. Only those who have lost all rational thought with Trump Derangement Syndrome would root for the drug to fail primarily because Trump endorsed it. What if Trump had not endorsed it? One democrat state senator in Michigan who says the drug saved her life said she would have never known to have asked about it except she heard Trump speak about it at his presser.

I know of at least one testimony locally of a nurse who tested positive with the virus with the normal symptoms and the next day after given the hyrdroxychloroquine, zpack and zinc cocktail had no symptoms and was testing neg for the virus. We can't and shouldn't  expect these results in every case but it does appear this cocktail is the best option to take at this time.

Like I've said before I wish Trump would endorse oxygen so that these people would stop breathing.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2