THE BROWNS BOARD

DRAFT DAY 2020 ! ! !

Tour2ma

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Fuck,  most of us don't get that after 35 years on the job. 

America is still in the 1800s regarding employee rights

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Barry said:

One of the key questions for tonight:

Do we want teams to jump us so that they can take an OT and we hope someone like Simmons or Brown or Okbuh drops to us, or do we risk that happening and find that the top 3 Qbs, Simmons, Okudah, Young and Brown, and top 2 OT are gone by the time we pick?

Lets see, are you looking to get   Admiral Akbar....or Emanual Ogbah.....or sail on the Gulf of Aqaba.

Or, are you talking about (Bare) Okudah. 

Ogbah signed as FA with Dolphins this offseason, after having been traded by Browns to Chiefs a couple of years ago. 

And honestly, I fully expect that  those 3 QBs...Burrow/Tua/Herbert  plus Young/Okudah, Brown, Simmons, and at least 1 top OT to be gone.

The only question will be if that 9th pick that goes before us is another tackle, or another position.  could like Kinlaw be taken?   Or, of course like Lamb or Jeudy WRs.   I am thinking yes, one of them goes, leaving all but on of the OTs to choose from. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I can't see Simmons getting pass tPanthers..My panther wife would go nutz.. But I've seen Simmons chase Lamar around to eat dirt at Clemson..He takes TE's away & has the speed to chase backs in the flats..

Okudah would be a tougher pass than D. Brown imho..

I want also to see Thomas & Becton left on the board at 10..and want to see Berry get it right with Thomas..

I think this whole deal keys on if Thomas is still there?..reported Berry & Thomas have had some great talks..And that's coming from A.Thomas

Are you assuming Jedrick Wills and Wirfs will be gone? 

5 minutes ago, darren15 said:

America is still in the 1800s regarding employee rights

What you mean is that they have reverted to the 1800s.....because  after all,  CEOs have had to have their salaries jump from 25 times the average worker's wage to 500-1000 times that.   And we have gotten rid of unions, and things like benefits. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Are you assuming Jedrick Wills and Wirfs will be gone? 

Yes! Giants & Zona need a RT not left..both will make a perfect fit

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Did a quick review of all the "top OTs" yesterday... I'm standing pat.

Then I watched more Muti... and I now take him with our 1st pick in Round 3.

I don't "hate" the kid.  But I'm not in love with him either.

Seems to have a function kick step and feet look light enough.  Decent head on his shoulders and picks up twists/stunts/protection pass offs.    

Arms look long enough for the position and his kick step is, in a word, patient.   I.E. I don't see him oversetting to compensate for a lack of technique or ability.

I don't see much  tenacity in his first strike for pass pro.  Actually, he arm & hand usage isn't all the great when slowing down rushers.    He also lacks just about any and all tenacity in the running game.  I can't tell if it's just a mental thing or he lacks function strength.    Anchors reasonably well, but might be susceptible to a good bull rush at the NFL level.  And sometimes he seems to dip his head on the off chance he does land his initial punch while setting in pass pro.

He wouldn't be my pick at 10.  Honestly, wouldn't be my pick in the 1st round and I think Peart, while lacking some functional strength himself, has better if not at least comparable measurables in a pure pass pro comparison with room to grow.  Then I have to consider the value I'm getting for Cleveland higher vs Peart potentially mid half of day 2.

22 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

He wouldn't be my pick at 10. 

Mine neither which is probably why I said...

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

... our 1st pick in Round 3.

;)

7 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

So.... we arrived a similar conclusion, basically. 

Yup... Muti has been widely seen as an early Day 3 guy, but I was bumping him to our HOU pick in Rnd 3. But after last nite I elevated him to our pick earlier in Round 3.

In the USC tape a couple of their IDL rotation were ripping him off balance early, but then he found his game vs the 3rd one to line up opposite him and started handling them all.

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup... Muti has been widely seen as an early Day 3 guy, but I was bumping him to our HOU pick in Rnd 3. But after last nite I elevated him to our pick earlier in Round 3.

In the USC tape a couple of their IDL rotation were ripping him off balance early, but then he found his game vs the 3rd one to line up opposite him and started handling them all.

Wonder if a trade down then a combination of Peart and Muti would ease my mind....?

12 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Wonder if a trade down then a combination of Peart and Muti would ease my mind....?

just tell me if am waking up feeling... Muti-ny or might need a Bounty by tomorrow ;)  

Anyone else made uncomfortable by how close Joe Burrow and his parents were sitting together?

They looked like they all were going to make out once the camera light went off. 

Perfect for Cincinnati. 😀😀

• Haha 2

Let's Go!! 

We have a loaded roster and no 100% needs

Let's get a hell of a good football player and win some damn games boys!!!

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Poor Joe Burrow. 

And now the endless Joe Burrow highlights, lucky Cincinnati.

He's a winner.