THE BROWNS BOARD

Tyson Foods boss has grim warning about food supply chain

Vambo

Definitely not a good sign when farmers are having to throw away food.

I know at my local Kroger they've been limiting the amount of ground beef and pork that people are allowed to buy at one time. 

At home, we've started cutting in some ground venison in with the ground beef we use in order to stretch things out like stews or hamburger patties. The 70/30 beef blends in nice with the ground beef to mask the gaminess of the venison.

12 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Its about time this nation became Vegan.

How Dems won't let you buy seeds and farmer are destroying their crops...you need to hunt for meat to survive. 🤣

In the short term go to the local butcher. There's one near us that gets fresh local meat, leagues better than what you can get at the grocery stores. 

In the long term I have seeds started and have been taking up raising chickens. These kids gotta get their eggs or it gets ugly in here. 

17 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

In the short term go to the local butcher. There's one near us that gets fresh local meat, leagues better than what you can get at the grocery stores. 

In the long term I have seeds started and have been taking up raising chickens. These kids gotta get their eggs or it gets ugly in here. 

It's pretty real here - 15,000 plus in Oh have had it, well over 300 have died. I believe we are on a

big downturn, haven't found recent numbers yet. We have friends/neighbors helping each other around here. Pretty cool. There's a local Mennonite family that sells fresh eggs. They are in trouble if the feed stops flowing. I've been baking bread, we ordered pickup from out big grocery - but several items are always unavailable like beef roasts.

I'm thinking about raising pheasants for meat. Except my Wife and neighbor kids will give them all names.

It's getting tough - our local meat producer has serious cuts available for most everything. and they are really, really busy - all take out,

and I had to wait for a spot to park. Fishing is open, this weekend I plan to put a bunch of bluegill in the freezer. We have friends who are self-employed, now their business is shut down all this time. That is tough. If potatoes disappear, we'll have to start picking and cooking up cattail roots. Times could get a lot harder for a lot of folks. I hope our grid doesn't get shut down. Then there won't be running water, and that is dangerous.

I wish Canton Dawg would give us an update - he's the only person I've heard of with this crap.

Social distancing - we can't babysite for our friends now - til later on - her parents can't either - husband is luckily still working.

We donated some masks to friends who know nurses. I will have a huge garden, and probably will give a lot of it I can't store, away to friends.

I honestly wonder when ? the first mugging after dark? will hit. I don't go out at night, and I'm ccw. We have friends who have delivered some great soups to everybody they know. I'm going to make a big batch of vegetable soup this weekend.

Picked dandelion blossoms to make dandelion jelly - it is excellent stuff. And, I have to make wild blackberry jam soon.

35 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

But the question I have is when does shit start getting real for people?

I think we are quickly approaching a tipping point where most sensible people are starting to call bullshit..  I talk to a lot of normal down to earth people everyday.. Everyone is calling bullshit.

35 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I fear it will get real for the various state governors quite quickly if people can't eat on top of not being able to wipe their asses. 

I'll post this as many times as I have to.. These two make entirely too much sense.

• Upvote 1