THE BROWNS BOARD

Stay at home hobbies

calfoxwc

some of it's work. We re-did our garage of a lot of stuff. Jigsaw puzzles, usually 1000 pieces, and sent them to some older folks who are bored..

I sat down one evening, late, and started on my AR-15 lower. Lots of pieces. I'm great with tools - installed the trigger, safety, hammer, trigger guard, pistol grip and buffer. Tonight, maybe I'll finish up with the fancy storage stock I bought months ago.

Hiking in our woods is so much a breath of fresh air. Still waiting for somebody to visit and go groundhog skeeting with me.

Haven't gone out and practiced shooting yet. Still thinking on learning to shoot my 9mm with one hand. It shoots so beautifully, shouldn't be a problem.

Have to work on the small rototiller - didn't run it last year. Probably too late to cut back the old apple trees in the woods. This weekend, we'll go treasure hunting with my metal detector in the woods. That should be interesting.  If I could just find a whole chicken at the grocery, I'm make chicken and dumplings.

We have been playing cards - that's always fun. Had trouble with a few jigsaw puzzles, but she is a genius and can make headway when I'm stuck.

Still planning a camping trip with friends this summer to Kentucky/Tennessee.  Have a lot of firewood to split. Even if they put outhouses out at the lake, we won't use them. We're equipped for outdoor Daniel Boone type bathrooming now.

Even bought our own outdoor shower for camping. I'm thinking of jazzing it up with a water pump. lol

Watching too many girly movies on TV........

Things are a little? tough all over - could be a lot worse for a lot of folks.

Take care, stay safe. Wearing a mask is like insurance you don't think you'll ever need.

Ours

Done from various studios practicing social distancing.. ;)

No, actually done from various studious prior to this mess but it does address the current situation..

The shut down has allowed us to work on tons of new material..

Some reviews that dropped Sunday morning..

https://metalcoffeegrinder.blogspot.com/2020/04/on-this-episode-of-old-school-album_26.html?m=1&fbclid=IwAR2bU7doQNGgjOe0U6RIz1r-6lvQwEljtBrBmmZHzfeDHPI9Fje-HDy4z54

• Upvote 1

Aside from the AA thing, I operate daily as I always have. I take care of the business we still have open.. I talk with many many people daily and the I can tell you with absolutely zero uncertainty, people are starting to get pissed off and call bullshit on this entire thing..

well, I don't think it's bs - the stay at home shut down was necessary to try to keep infections down as much as possible, then let it die out as much as possible.

Living in fear isn't any good ,either. It's Apr 27, almost May 1st. It' s just about time to start getting back to our normal ? lives again.

It's easier on us - we're happily retired. But the virus doesn't last for weeks or months - it survives for 3 - 5? days. Time for it to go away.

Trouble is, those people who keep traveling sick and still spread it, but those events should be minimal. If this doesn't get people to start stop buying commie chinese crap - I don't know what will.

Oh, and the magazine mechanism jobbie. I installed that. Everything works beautiful - I did lose a tiny spring for about 15 minutes. It popped out, went flying somewhere, I turned off the light and was laying on the floor searching with my flashlight about ten minutes while my Wife was amused.

I work in the studio every day. I've got three songs to finish. Of the last three I'm going to mix one my producers going to mix one and we're going to work together on the unplugged song so then it's off to the mastering house. I'm getting together with my Graphics guy and putting together the artwork .  I have to look into  promotional ideas. No idea what anything is going to loosen up. I go to the store about every other day. We've ordered food and picked it up on occasion. Susan is working hard Outdoors area around the pool but we had put in last year. As soon as the weather is warm enough we will break out the bicycles and go to the mall and ride around the parking lot.

Nothing much has changed I replaced live performances with recording so hopefully that will pan out when martial law is lifted. It sucks not being able to go to bars and restaurants mostly for the social aspect of it. But hey I have you fuckers right? 😬👍

WSS

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Axe how are the restrictions in Florida? They seem to have been a little bit looser than many parts of the country. Have you been up north? What's the scoop in Canada? Better or worse?

WSS

Here in Fla it's county by county. Beaches are starting to open back up(never should have been closed) and the boat ramps were reopened just about everywhere. Street traffic looks like it's pretty close to back to normal to me. I talk to a lot of people everyday. No one knows anyone that has covid or has had it. So people are starting call bullshit on the lockdown and business closures. The Ice Chuckers in Ottawa are still locked down but as long as everyone has weed no one seems to care ;)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1