THE BROWNS BOARD

Question for all the guys

When this whole thing began I asked everybody what their anxiety level was. Now we are much deeper into the situation so ...

What's everybody's personal anxiety level and precaution level?

As for myself I take what I think are reasonable precautions. I will occasionally wear a mask just for the worries of others. I do my best to keep my hands clean and I have a bottle of sanitizer in the car for after shopping trips. I do go out to a big box store two or three times a week and the post office a couple times a week. I don't shake hands and hug everybody like I used to. I will start again whenever others are more comfortable. My fear level it's very low oh, maybe 1 how about the rest of you guys? I promise not to give anybody around to shit if your response is different than mine. Let's all try to do that.

How often do you leave the house and go out in public and for what reasons?

I figure anybody could get sick. That's always a possibility no matter what.

WSS

By the way one of my tenants spends all day riding the bus aimlessly and I worry a little bit about him.

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

When this whole thing began I asked everybody what their anxiety level was. Now we are much deeper into the situation so ...

As for myself I take what I think are reasonable precautions. I will occasionally wear a mask just for the worries of others. I do my best to keep my hands clean and I have a bottle of sanitizer in the car for after shopping trips. I do go out to a big box store two or three times a week and the post office a couple times a week. I don't shake hands and hug everybody like I used to. I will start again whenever others are more comfortable. My fear level it's very low oh, maybe 1 how about the rest of you guys? I promise not to give anybody around to shit if your response is different than mine. Let's all try to do that.

WSS

By the way one of my tenants spends all day riding the bus aimlessly and I worry a little bit about him.

I am floating at a 1 but my meter has been broken for years haha. Not much makes me anxious. I don’t wear a mask but do make sure to keep hands away from face and steady washing. 

I am also a hugger and hand shaker  (Irish/Eastern Euro descendents) so I will return to that when this all shakes out. I did boxing and jiu jitsu (have to be close to people) as an outlet prior to this kicking off and I will be the first in the door when they green light it either with or without the governors blessing. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Numerous times daily. It has never changed for me.  I didn't shut down one of our businesses so I'm there every day, talking to a vast cross section of people.  We went to the beach to get some Vitamin D last Tuesday. We went to dinner last night and saw some people  missed and were glad to see.

• Thanks 1

the first few weeks, we didn't go out at all. A few times for groceries the next few weeks. Then I'd go out on more trips, mostly to pick up dinners, I always went, wore nitrile rubber gloves.

then we started taking drives to the lake, and went fishing a few nice days. Stopped by a car dealer, bought her a new car...I went in first, wearing a mask, and finding out they have the place professionally sanitized twice a day and some history about their ownership, we both went in without masks. Very few people on the road. I stopped wearing gloves...

Went fishing, had no place to park with the boat trailer - the entire parking lot, the entire long drive, was packed. lol

so now we go early in the morning.

At this point, we relaxed, and I have become much better at jigsaw puzzles.

I do see far more people out, and most of them are wearing masks. No sense in being too fast to stop.

Being retired works - the self-employed have been hammered badly - time to start gearing up for eventually getting back to near normal. The car dealership back some weeks ago - said they were really appreciated the loyal customers who just started coming back.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Same as before. I'm not worried about my own health but I'm more concerned about my parents. I still go to work every day (masks mandatory, temps taken each morning), so when bars open up I'll go out. Though I should be more concerned. I imagine it hits harder if you already have asthma. Really I'm just waiting for sports facilities to open up. 

• Thanks 1

I am extra cautious not for myself, but for the 4 other people currently in our home. My wife turns 73 next month, my 12 y.o. grandson has childhood asthma for which he has twice been hospitalized before the virus. He inherited it from his mom who also has to take meds for a chronic blood clotting inherited disorder. And of course I do not want to give it to my son who would inadvertently pass it on to them.

So I order groceries for curbside delivery and occasionally go for just a few items around 1030 at night when maybe 4-6 other customers are there, most with masks like the employees. I still keep at least 15 feet away except checkout where they have a plastic screen between the checkout person and me.

We do buy takeout as well. All takeout and groceries go through our quarantine decontamination area with Clorox infused Swiffer wipes.

I really miss daily racquetball and spend a lot of time on a bicycle, walking and yardwork plus herding cats for about an hour twice a day in the back yard and the outback behind it.

Thank goodness I have a place to come give people shit from my couch.🤩

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

With regards to the virus, my anxiety level from 0 to 10 is about a .5,  down from about a 5 after I weighed the hysteria coming from onside against the rationality coming from the other. I am a member of my cities health club, and since it's shut down I went and dusted off the weights sitting in my garage and brought them down to the basement. I also purchased a cheap elliptical cardio machine at Wal Mart, and a cheap stair climber on line....and when the stair climber arrived the box had said "Made In China" …..well fuck me again.

With regards to the economy my anxiety level is about a 7 or 8, uncertain of how and when we will get back to normal if we ever will.

• Thanks 1

I am about a 1 to 2 stay home as much as possible but do go out for food or the occasional ride in the car, was going to try to put on a Steelers hat to keep people away for distancing but it was like trying to put 2 magnets of the same polarity together and I had to sanitize my hand 4 or 5 times just for touching Steelwes hat.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

In you tread topic you stated a question for all the guys. You didn't want Woody to chime in?

I also fear for my 4 siblings all but one of whom are at least 67 to 75 years old and one of those lives in a county with 2100 cases with 113 deaths to date. Do the math and you get more than 5% of confirmed cases. My youngest sibling works as a speech therapist in a long term care facility. Think speech affected by strokes,  one of the wonderful side effects of some of the covid cases.

59 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Really?  I'm not surprised that's something you would know.

Girl never called you a Dork?  Well, given your posting style on here, I can only imagine what you're like in person.  So I guess that would make two of us that aren't surprised. 

6 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Girl never called you a Dork?  Well, given your posting style on here, I can only imagine what you're like in person.  So I guess that would make two of us that aren't surprised. 

No never.

Imagine what you will,  your opinion of me is meaningless.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Are you having fantasies of Gorka?

6 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Nah, man.  That's your lover.  I'm not the jealous type.

You're the one who said it not me...

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

It's OK if you are  LGBT.

I head out around 3 times a week for groceries, and I'd put my anxiety level in stores around a 3. Started wearing a mask too, false sense of security. Yard work & get out on the bike as often as I can, just hit 800 miles for the year. Personal health about a 2, that's getting sick, not too worried this thing is going to kill me. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I head out around 3 times a week for groceries, and I'd put my anxiety level in stores around a 3. Started wearing a mask too, false sense of security. Yard work & get out on the bike as often as I can, just hit 800 miles for the year. Personal health about a 2, that's getting sick, not too worried this thing is going to kill me. 

personal health a TWO? I hope is only malaria, or a cold, and not the covid19.

800 miles... I've done 70 once in a day, and it hurt to walk. or sit down....

17 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I missed this..

My personal anxiety level is 0.

I've spent the entire time doing what I do and interacting with a broad cross section of society.

My anxiety level concerning carrying it to family members. 2

Our family has lunch together every Sunday. We have for as long as I can remember.. 27 yrs or so.. It's what we do.. The numbers have decreased over the yrs but, IT'S WHAT WE DO!!! For the last month or two we switched from the restaurant of choice to the family member's home of choice. From 85yrs old to the kids... ALL of us that are left.... My concern arises from the fact that I interact with the a fore mentioned broad cross section of society, daily..  So I feel like I am the biggest risk to the family..

I am not a hugger unless it's my wife or remaining daughter. Those that actually know me know I lost my baby, my 20 yr old daughter in 2008 to the hands of another. I would sooo love to hug her again :( Some day :)

I am however, a hand shaker. So much, so so much can be told by shaking a man's hand..

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

personal health a TWO? I hope is only malaria, or a cold, and not the covid19.

800 miles... I've done 70 once in a day, and it hurt to walk. or sit down....

70 in a day is totally admirable Cal. In fact anything 25+ you rate. I don't do 100 milers anymore just to say I can do them. Those are all day rides. Never could quite get below the 7-1\2 hours you needed to get your Class A pin, & those days are long gone. But to give you an idea- those Tour de France (delayed BTW) hotshots are able to do 100 miles in well under 4 hours on a flat ride....  Hell, they do 100 mile training rides for kicks and giggles, they'd lap some of us touristas....  They put in more mileage on their bikes than a lot of people do on their cars- like 20-25,000 a year.....  

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Axe said:

I missed this..

My personal anxiety level is 0.

I've spent the entire time doing what I do and interacting with a broad cross section of society.

My anxiety level might be at 1 only for this reason. I always pick up my one tenant Charlie had drive into the back on red day. Good friend Old Hippie. But he spends his entire day riding the bus aimlessly and there have been a couple of Active cases at least there.

My anxiety level concerning carrying it to family members. 2

Our family has lunch together every Sunday. We have for as long as I can remember.. 27 yrs or so.. It's what we do.. The numbers have decreased over the yrs but, IT'S WHAT WE DO!!! For the last month or two we switched from the restaurant of choice to the family member's home of choice. From 85yrs old to the kids... ALL of us that are left.... My concern arises from the fact that I interact with the a fore mentioned broad cross section of society, daily..  So I feel like I am the biggest risk to the family..

I am not a hugger unless it's my wife or remaining daughter. Those that actually know me know I lost my baby, my 20 yr old daughter in 2008 to the hands of another. I would sooo love to hug her again :( Some day :)

I never had kids but I can't imagine how devastating something like that would be.

I am however, a hand shaker. So much, so so much can be told by shaking a man's hand..

WSS

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 5:53 AM, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I'm 70 years old, and my fear of this virus is zero. I operate a small business which is considered essential, so my day to day routine has not changed, other than supplying masks to employees when required by customers. I'm physically fit and healthy, so I am not threatened by this thing. I do have concern for others, but no more than my concern for them getting pneumonia....which, in my opinion is the real cause for the deaths they are claiming to be caused by Corona virus. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Axe said:

I am not a hugger unless it's my wife or remaining daughter. Those that actually know me know I lost my baby, my 20 yr old daughter in 2008 to the hands of another. I would sooo love to hug her again :( Some day

Oh, Axe, I'm so sorry - never knew that - that's a heartbreaker to hear. You will, someday.

• Like 1