THE BROWNS BOARD

Device would potentially neutralize coronavirus using UV ligh

Vambo

Device would potentially neutralize coronavirus using UV light

Device would potentially neutralize coronavirus using UV light

According to Oracle Lighting, existing personal air filtration masks are designed to prevent the inhalation of viruses by trapping the particles from the incoming air in the cloth material worn on the face. However, they are not designed to disinfect or sanitize the particles. Masks can then become saturated with live viruses, pathogens, bacterium or other microorganisms attached to the fabric surfaces.

“The AIR device is composed of a small cover made of an anti-microbial polymer which is worn on the face and attached with straps similar to a traditional face mask,” Hartenstein said. “The user wears a traditional face mask (cloth mask, surgical mask, N95, etc.) over the device. A small rechargeable battery pack powers the device and can be manually turned on and off by the user. In addition to the anti-germicidal LEDs, the device also contains UV-A LEDs which provide a wider light spectrum and visible light. The visible UV-A LED functions as an indicator that the device is on and working but provides minimal anti-microbial benefits.”

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think I might have better success with my grandson's Lightsaber.😁

Trump obviously spends plenty of time  in a tanning  bed. It's why he hasn't  come down with covid yet.

In regard to the OP, great in theory,  got a few million of them ready to go? But you really don't need them, because the virus is "going away".  :D:D:D

45 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And when people who wore them start suing  because of facial cancer due to UV radiation.   :D

Oh you know the legal profession there will be class action suits for sunburn and premature wrinkling. The advertisements who will be on weekday afternoons during the judge shows.

WSS

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

The advertisements who will be on weekday afternoons during the judge shows.

WSS

Opps! Gave yourself away there Steve.😁

7 hours ago, Vambo said:

Maybe as a suppository. 👍

For you Vambo! good one.🏆😂

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

And when people who wore them start suing  because of facial cancer due to UV radiation.   :D

The way I understand it you would put on a mask such as a N95 and the UV mask would fit over it so the UV should not be directly on the skin.  The idea is to disinfect the germs you would breath from the mask maybe I read it wrong. 

1 hour ago, Vambo said:

The way I understand it you would put on a mask such as a N95 and the UV mask would fit over it so the UV should not be directly on the skin.  The idea is to disinfect the germs you would breath from the mask maybe I read it wrong. 

If it works, great. Health care  workers were  reusing N95 masks  when they  shouldn't have.  

• Upvote 1