THE BROWNS BOARD

He Should Be Hung

Axe

17 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

If every time someone scratched your car, you burned down the wrong neighbors house it may not be right but I bet the other neighbors will want to make sure your car doesn’t get scratched.

None of it is right. But that doesn’t mean it won’t cause a drastic change in the police force in Minn. 

Ignorant...They as you are just giving police an excuse as to why that happened, you are proving their point. 

6 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Ignorant...They as you are just giving police an excuse as to why that happened, you are proving their point. 

How am I justifying anything when I have said several times it is wrong? Find where I said it was ok. I am telling you about unintended consequences of shitbags stealing Nikes. Think a little more abstract.

2 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

How am I justifying anything when I have said several times it is wrong? Find where I said it was ok. I am telling you about unintended consequences of shitbags stealing Nikes. Think a little more abstract.

" I bet the other neighbors will want to make sure your car doesn’t get scratched. "

You're justifying violence.

4 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

How was that a justification? That is an unintended consequence in an analogy where you are an arsonist haha. How many variations of I never said it was ok do you need? 

Well maybe the neighbor decide well the looters burned our stuff so we will just go to their property and burn their homes...That is an unintended consequence. 

OK by you?

Four officers "fired" ???

not in jail immediately after being arrested?

The sad part is, the rioting - it alienates/undermines their justified cause to be very angry. The busting out of police car windows...

it was just another police car, NOT the car of the sick sombeitch that murdered that man. I figure there are a lot of police that are sickened by

the sick actions by a few fellow? police.  It isn't rational to go off rioting vs ALL police. It seems to strongly suggest that rioting is a fun way of raising hell and

looting their favorite store. Just seems that there are other underlying reasons for the riots - which have nothing to do with the sick crime by a few police.

Instead of reaching out to the good police, they have alienated them. Pretty stupid, I must say.

Also, the other three police? They didn't stop the murderer police idiot? They are complicit in the tragedy.

Reports are, the man was unarmed - a lethal move has no place in it. I imagine that there isn't anybody who thinks the corrupt policeman would have done the same

to some white man.

Sickening. All four should in in jail, pending the investigation and trials.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Vambo said:

OK, but how does LOOTING fix anything?

The cops should be held accountable, they were wrong the anger is justifiable but steeling from people who had nothing to do with it is just as wrong and they should also be held accountable.

It never fixes anything, two wrongs don't  make a right. The response was totally predictable though. Police brutality engenders riots. How many  times have we seen that the last couple years? Cops should  know that  by now. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

No haha. I never once made a justification or OK’d any of the behavior. You beat the hell out of a straw man.

Yes you did " That is an unintended consequence. "  you haven't condemned it you made excuses for the poor behavior.

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It never fixes anything, two wrongs don't  make a right. The response was totally predictable though. Police brutality engenders riots. How many  times have we seen that the last couple years? Cops should  know that  by now. 

Doesn't make it OK as Logic suggests.  The officers need to be severely punished quickly the longer this goes on without justice the uglier it will get. But robbing and vandalizing innocent peoples businesses is just as wrong and the looters should be punished as well.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Yes you did " That is an unintended consequence. "  you haven't condemned it you made excuses for the poor behavior.

Yeah.... Nah.

If I say Baker Mayfield has lost weight strictly to help with his speed on rollouts, an unintended consequence is the health benefits for his knees not having to deal with additional weight.

Just now, Vambo said:

Doesn't make it OK as Logic suggests.  The officers need to be severely punished quickly the longer this goes on without justice the uglier it will get. But robbing and vandalizing innocent peoples businesses is just as wrong and the looters should be punished as well.

Oh, I don't disagree.  Plenty of  the rioters\ looters view it as an excuse to  get free  booze  or a new TV. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Yeah.... Nah.

If I say Baker Mayfield has lost weight strictly to help with his speed on rollouts, an unintended consequence is the health benefits for his knees not having to deal with additional weight.

Whatever...just as bad as the officers and now another death.

3 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

How did I in anyway make an excuse? 

Yes you did you said now they looted and destroyed property it will cause people to put pressure on the mayor ...justifying their actions.

2 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Vambo, if I say my neighborhood is quieter as a result of my neighbors getting evicted it doesn’t mean I am pro my neighbors being broke and getting evicted. The neighborhood being quieter is an unintended consequence. It isn’t something that was desired. 

Big difference than looting and rioting don't cha think?   Now another person is dead because of it, you're wrong.

Just now, Vambo said:

Yes you did you said now they looted and destroyed property it will cause people to put pressure on the mayor ...justifying their actions.

No that is an unintended consequence. That isn’t a justification or an endorsement of the behavior. I am failing to see how you can’t connect the dots. Not kidding, if you are an aspy or have autism and can’t grasp abstract ideas, I will let it go. 

Just now, LogicIsForSquares said:

Yes it is wrong, Vambo. Good thing I never suggested it was a good thing. 

Never said you said it was a good thing, but you did try to make an excuse for their actions.  It would equal someone trying to say the officers had a right because they felt threaten because of past looting and rioting just insane to think like that.

5 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

No that is an unintended consequence. That isn’t a justification or an endorsement of the behavior. I am failing to see how you can’t connect the dots. Not kidding, if you are an aspy or have autism and can’t grasp abstract ideas, I will let it go. 

What if someone said that the man died but it was... unintended consequence.   Would you be OK with that?

Just now, Vambo said:

What if someone said that the man died but it was... unintended consequence.   Would you be OK with that?

No. Because reporting that something happened as a result of something else doesn’t assign opinion to the issue. It describes what happens in a chain of events. A guy may kill his wife for catching her in bed with another man. Saying that doesn’t mean I am for guys killing their wives or women cheating on their husbands. It is merely using logic to describe a chain of events.