THE BROWNS BOARD

Dr. Fauci has got to go

jbluhm86

At this point, this is inexcusable. The government didn't trust the people of the U.S. to have the intellectual fortitude to understand the realities of the situation, and blatantly lied to everyone. As a scientist myself, i'm pretty pissed at the entire situation.

The Hill: Fauci: why the public wasn't told to wear masks when the coronavirus pandemic began

fauci.jpg.652a7b6d96603072f65534eecbe9edb6.jpg

• Thanks 1

Again Fauci is a political hack, and hasn't really practice medicine and decades. But even after his miscues and failures the problem is Americans are stupid and gullible. Where she at we like to pick one person to accuse for whatever the hell is going wrong with the world. Or their lives.

WSS

there are so many disagreements regarding  the masks - and Fauci (to me) is not the reason alone

and it goes hand in hand with rolling out the reopening of the society.

I have no qualms with people wanting to wear masks in public.  Just like I have no problem not wearing one myself. 

With the so called models being the "end all " over any dissenting views regarding the accuracy first and foremost,

the use of which our governors can "keep" the use of emergency powers. 

The claims of Fauci saying one thing and then changing the discussion on masks  - is just one more example of keeping an agenda afloat. 

I will take responsibility for my own ( families) well being and health. 

2 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Hey...they are blaming trump for a spike in cases and his rally hasnt happened yet lol.  But no mention of last weeks riots and protests.

🤐   Now, early data from Minnesota’s efforts suggests such fears may have been overblown.  

https://www.wired.com/story/what-minnesotas-protests-are-revealing-about-covid-19-spread/ 

1 hour ago, FairHooker11 said:

But what is up with wearing a mask in a car  - i mean really??

I wear a mask at work all day. Have for a while. You honestly just forget about it sometimes. I've worn it while driving. Not anything health related, I just don't bother taking it off.

50 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Hey...they are blaming trump for a spike in cases and his rally hasnt happened yet lol.  But no mention of last weeks riots and protests.

Any spike in cases showing up now are probably tied to an event (or events) from weeks ago due to the incubation period of the virus to the lag in data. Unless data isn't lagging by potentially weeks anymore, then it wouldn't be as bad 

5 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

At this point, this is inexcusable. The government didn't trust the people of the U.S. to have the intellectual fortitude to understand the realities of the situation, and blatantly lied to everyone. As a scientist myself, i'm pretty pissed at the entire situation.

Sorry man, I just don't see it as that outrageous. I mean, I'll say I at least get where Fauci was coming from. For one, I don't trust the people of the US to have the intellectual fortitude to understand the realities of a lot of situations, especially anything scientific. If the concern here was that people would misunderstand statements about the masks, hoard them, and leave front line workers in hospitals (the most at risk) without PPE then I get it. Hell, we were fucking hoarding toilet paper when this all started. 

I mean I don't like it, and I wish they were honest, but I also get why they did it and I'm not so sure it was the wrong decision. It's an intersection of science and policy and the decision was probably agreed on by a handful of people. You're right though that this will only lead to more anti science and anti expert sentiment in our society which I can't stand.