THE BROWNS BOARD

Juneteenth

Kvoethe

Um..I have never heard of this till Trumps proposed rally, now I cant stop hearing about it.  Businesses giving time off...a nationwide celebration...I called up a few friend of color and they had never celebrated it...ever..their kids had no clue.  What am I missing...is this the new mlk day?

It is absolutely pathetic what is happening all around us while we all just watch. My 83yr old dad and I were talking yesterday and I'll quote what he said....

"I used to wonder how 1 man - 1 FUCKING MAN! could gather so much power and kill so many people while millions - MILLIONS! of people just slowly watched and let it happen, and did nothing about it until it was too late...... and now, I see how".  

7 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Maybe if some of you stop and think about why you never heard of a holiday celebrating the end of slavery? What possible reasons could there be? 

Probably because most of us don't live in Texas . Everywhere else it would be called Emancipation Proclamation.

52 minutes ago, Richiswhere said:

Probably because most of us don't live in Texas . Everywhere else it would be called Emancipation Proclamation.

Yeah, were you there when Columbus landed in the Bahamas? But you still know about Columbus Day for some reason. Not go ahead and try again. Why do you think you never heard of a holiday that was created over 100 years ago?

5 hours ago, D Bone said:

It is absolutely pathetic what is happening all around us while we all just watch. My 83yr old dad and I were talking yesterday and I'll quote what he said....

"I used to wonder how 1 man - 1 FUCKING MAN! could gather so much power and kill so many people while millions - MILLIONS! of people just slowly watched and let it happen, and did nothing about it until it was too late...... and now, I see how".  

Ill guess...Barack Obama??  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Yeah, were you there when Columbus landed in the Bahamas? But you still know about Columbus Day for some reason. Not go ahead and try again. Why do you think you never heard of a holiday that was created over 100 years ago?

Because it in Texas nowhere else what can't you understand about that.

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

If it is so important to a people why have they not been celebrating until now?  Lots of questions no real answers is the answer to your question.

55 minutes ago, Richiswhere said:

Because it in Texas nowhere else what can't you understand about that.

They only celebrate the end of slavery in Texas? 

Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States.

https://www.juneteenth.com/history.htm

Since "it's only celebrated in Texas" reason is incorrect. I'll ask again why do you think you have never heard of Juneteenth before?

17 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States.

Since "it's only celebrated in Texas" reason is incorrect. I'll ask again why do you think you have never heard of Juneteenth before?

Because I don't give a damn?  This shit happened a long time ago.  Why don't we have a jewish holocaust holiday in the states?  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

Because no one...gives...a... fuck

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

I'm sure you guys don't care to celebrate the end of slavery. That wasn't the question. I don't give a shit about groundhog day, but I know about it. So one more try. Why do you think you had never hear of the holiday Juneteenth? 

Why after all these years do you care so much?

14 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Maybe if some of you stop and think about why you never heard of a holiday celebrating the end of slavery? What possible reasons could there be? 

Looks like someone learned a new word.

14 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Because no one celebrates it in youngstown ohio...ever..

2 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Hey you guys are getting pretty close. If you get some time between your outrages, you may want to look up how Columbus day became a holiday. Then you might understand why nobody has ever heard of Juneteenth. 

No one gives a fuck.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cccjwh said:

I'm sure you guys don't care to celebrate the end of slavery. That wasn't the question. I don't give a shit about groundhog day, but I know about it. So one more try. Why do you think you had never hear of the holiday Juneteenth? 

Because I know how the calendar works and can read.  Juneteenth isnt a real date...duh.  

On 6/19/2020 at 4:04 PM, cccjwh said:

If Trump had not planned his rally on that day you still would not have heard of it.

On 6/19/2020 at 10:31 PM, cccjwh said:

Slavery ended in 1863 with the emancipation proclamation. Your precious holiday of Juneteenth, which is the stupidest, most ignorant sounding name ever, is when we white boys from Ohio and the rest of the north had given enough of our own blood to finally beat Texas into submission and therefore force them to release their slaves. 

So when they're willing to admit our people gave their lives for them to be free I'll think about acknowledging Juneteenth. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1