THE BROWNS BOARD

Acceptable losses?

From another group..

"My brother was recently contacted by a "tracer" because his girlfriend's brother-in-law, who had NO symptoms, went to a testing site and apparently tested positive. They traced everyone he was near which included my brother. My brother then got a phone call telling him he was exposed, and also told him that they now have to document him as having Covid (though he has no symptoms) because he hasn't been tested.

They apparently did this to around 20 associated friends - so because 1 guy was curious and tested positive, 21 new cases were added to the numbers. Now imagine that extrapolated across the country."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Axe said:

From another group..

"My brother was recently contacted by a "tracer" because his girlfriend's brother-in-law, who had NO symptoms, went to a testing site and apparently tested positive. They traced everyone he was near which included my brother. My brother then got a phone call telling him he was exposed, and also told him that they now have to document him as having Covid (though he has no symptoms) because he hasn't been tested.

They apparently did this to around 20 associated friends - so because 1 guy was curious and tested positive, 21 new cases were added to the numbers. Now imagine that extrapolated across the country."

I would imagine if someone was unfortunate enough to die from the seasonal flu, that number would just go into the Coronavirus casualty group as well.

Its an easy way to inflate the numbers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Axe said:

From another group..

What are your thoughts on the validity of this?

I’ve heard of taking the test 9 times in order to return to work and each test that came back positive was considered a positive case hence 1 person accounted for 8 cases...

15 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Some folks still want to pull up isolated cases and then claim the numbers are fake.... My initial impression was 100k cases a day? Goody- at that rate, we'll have herd immunity in short order. Pulling out the calculator, that's 8 years down the road, with over 1.4 million deaths.  Hopefully we'll have a vaccine way before then- that the anti vaxxers will ignore... 

https://kstp.com/minnesota-news/testing-results-for-mass-gatherings-show-low-number-were-positive-for-covid-19-june-29-2020/5776558/?cat=12196

Testing results for mass gatherings show low number were positive for COVID-19

lol riots violence protests looting ....  now mass gatherings  

but what about those numbers eh?

• Upvote 2

On 6/28/2020 at 7:20 AM, Westside Steve said:

Not really if you believe the latest studies suggesting that there may be 10 times as many cases as we previously thought because most people are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms. You have to death rate stays the same which means the death rate is reduced by 90% or so. I know I know so it's only matters if it supports one political party or the other.

Not to mention the fact that a good portion of the rise in cases is among people to whom the disease will do the least damage.

But be of good cheer Biden supporters you in the media only need to keep the Panic burning for another four months.

WSS

image.thumb.png.8b7da522f3baf23f40a4ac0c8bb79d0f.png

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1