THE BROWNS BOARD

Kenny Britt Signed & Pulls Hammy

Flugel

First off, if you're only looking for Browns' news - don't waste your time reading this. If you're starving for NFL news you might find it interesting.

Here's a blow to the Tits here in Nashville. Kenny Britt signs over the weekend. Now he has a pulled hammy that will keep him out of action for considerable time.

Here's a daily recap from a former college football coach at St John Fisher College and AVID Browns' fan (Thom Abraham) now heading up sports radio here in Nashville. So far the rookies turning heads here are Jared Cook & Javon Ringer. Evidenly, they did a press coverage drill using only WRs and DBs, Nate Washignton had difficulty and needed to be restrained by coaching staff after he got visibly frustrated. The word was NOBODY could slow up Cook. Rumors are swirling he's going to be a BIG slot man here.

Last year, these Nashville scoops had me jumping all over Chris Johnson heading into the ff draft. I think Sez already reported LedDale White's ability to stop snackign between snakcs has him down from 265 sloppy pounds to 228 pounds with an acceleration gear. It's amazing how much headign into a contract year can motivate a player.

- Tom F.

Guest Aloysius

Cook's got a bad attitude, but he's very talented. He ran a 4.49 40 and posted a 41" vertical at the Combine.

Definitely not a Mangini guy: last year, Steve Spurrier accused him of not playing hard because he'd already decided to leave for the NFL. But he could have a Dustin Keller-type rookie year impact.

Cook's got a bad attitude, but he's very talented. He ran a 4.49 40 and posted a 41" vertical at the Combine.

Definitely not a Mangini guy: last year, Steve Spurrier accused him of not playing hard because he'd already decided to leave for the NFL. But he could have a Dustin Keller-type rookie year impact.

Good point. I'm glad he's selective.

That said, Cook isn't on scholarship right now - so it sounds like he's busting tail to prove himself at this time. One thing that was mentioned on the radio per a previous Spurrier quote was the guy would make some steller 1 handed catches and drop the really easy ones. They were talking about maturation and if this kid matures - they think he can be a gem.

Remember the early reports on Lav Coles? Kicked out of FSU for alot more than 1 incident. Somebody gave him a chance, he matured and Mangini enjoyed coaching him the last 3 years.

- Tom F.

These hamstring pulls that happen EVERY YEAR..not just with rookies..but vets too just baffle my brain.. It seems to happen every hear right when camp opens.. These guys KNOW they are going to have to run run and run some more.. You would think that after all the football they have played..(even the rooks) they would be strechted and ready for really running hard when camp opens.. It just shows who the slackers are if you ask me...

Guest Aloysius

Some interesting things to look at tonight:

Titans:

• Does Kenny Britt (#18) play?

• Does Sen'Derrick Marks (#94) struggle at the POA (he only put up 16 reps of 225 at his pro day)?

• Will UDFA Mitch King (#62) make an impression?
Bills:
  • Does Eric Wood (#70), working at RG, make us second guess taking Mack over him?

• Does Shawn Nelson (#89) look Winslow-esque (he did at the Senior Bowl)?
  • How does Nic Harris (#54) look playing linebacker?

Guest Aloysius

On the first drive, Wood struggled matching up with Jason Jones' quick interior pass rush. On one play, he got caught leaning forward and ended up on the ground.

Archived