THE BROWNS BOARD

Something Both Sides Should Love

D Bone

Imagine if every single politician, er "public servant" had to publicly disclose their ENTIRE portfolio before they took office, and once every year thereafter for as long as they were in office. Republican, Democrat, Independent. From Mayors all the way up to POTUS... every single one of those crooks.

That way, when so-and-so keeps voting yes to every single pro fossil fuel initiative, and no to all green energy initiatives, then all of us can point to their massive share holdings in Exxon Mobil, and we can collectively target their ass with our ballots.  

Imagine, no more hiding, no more slimy back door deals to secretly line their pockets at the expense of the people they serve.... and while we're at it, every politician should have to disclose their campaign donors and the TOTAL amount donated 30 days prior to the election, with no more donations being allowed after that time. 

I can not be the only person in this still great country of Merica who has thought of this, and I know it would be a massively popular mandate to everyone but our trusted leaders

Oh well, I might as well hope to win the lottery long before anyone would actually do something to help the entire country, regardless of their political affiliation. 

• Upvote 2

Wow D we’re on the same wavelength!

I’ve always held that opinion, EVERY stinking politician should have to make their finances public.

I’m also of the belief that lobbyists should be banned.

On a side note, every elected official should have term limits.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like a good idea. America's politics are corrupt across the board. Campaign finance reform is needed. Something like this would be great too.

I like the idea of each politician having to wear all of their financial backers logos when working. Kind of like decals in NASCAR. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, MLD Woody said:

I like the idea of each politician having to wear all of their financial backers logos when working. Kind of like decals in NASCAR. 

Now that’s funny...and I couldn’t agree more!

• Upvote 1