THE BROWNS BOARD

Any Browns fans besides me in Pissburgh, PA?

dawgpound3

If so, please raise your voice and speak louder. Our words and actions speak louder than the stooler fans ever could.

Please show me ONE just one game where there has been any sort of "presence" of brownie fans in any away stadium..Please give me any thing at all to substantiate that these"browns backers" even exist.

The Browns Backers are a large organization, but, like everything else. It has been surpassed. You do not see Browns Fans overtake other stadiums like Steeler Fans do. Heck, we over took your stadium one year. That would never happen in Heinz.

Browns fans whole argument especially on this site is that your team has to be one of the worst in the league to prove your fanship! According to all of them we are all fans because we flock like sheep to the "best" team. Oddly, most Steeler fans I know debunk this argument as they have been fans their whole lives.

Please show me ONE just one game where there has been any sort of "presence" of brownie fans in any away stadium..Please give me any thing at all to substantiate that these"browns backers" even exist.

The Browns Backers are a large organization, but, like everything else. It has been surpassed. You do not see Browns Fans overtake other stadiums like Steeler Fans do. Heck, we over took your stadium one year. That would never happen in Heinz.

Browns fans whole argument especially on this site is that your team has to be one of the worst in the league to prove your fanship! According to all of them we are all fans because we flock like sheep to the "best" team. Oddly, most Steeler fans I know debunk this argument as they have been fans their whole lives.

Well, guess what buddy. Half of that Heinz Field stadium is all bandwagon fans. I am not saying that you are all like that. But when you win, you got take the good with the bad, and that even means bandwagon. A couple losing seasons, and the bandwagon will jump off. Seriously, you need a losing season. If they(steelers), want a high draft pick, they gonna have to lose sometime.

Well, guess what buddy. Half of that Heinz Field stadium is all bandwagon fans. I am not saying that you are all like that. But when you win, you got take the good with the bad, and that even means bandwagon. A couple losing seasons, and the bandwagon will jump off. Seriously, you need a losing season. If they(steelers), want a high draft pick, they gonna have to lose sometime.

So I guess you're saying now all Browns fans are closet fans right now because of the hardships. When the browns start winning, they will come out and bandwagon fans will jump on too. Calling Steeler fans bandwagon is just Retarded. I'm sure there are a decent percentage, but I would be willing to bet about 65-80% have local ties to Pittsburgh. Ask most Steeler fans on this site who their favorite baseball team is, and I would bet most of them says the Pirates. If you think being a Pirates fan is bandwagon, well then I dunno what to tell you. I guess the Pirates have a more recent championship than the entire city of Cleveland though.

Plus look at Steeler games, look at the jerseys in the crowdn, there are prob just as many old-ass Lambert jerseys as there are Woodley.

I am a Steeler fan for 25+ years and have always watched and rooted for them. They have NOT always been great or even good!

1984, 9-7 AFC CHAMP playoff loss to Miami and Marino

1985 8-8 missed playoffs

1986 6-10 terrible

1987 still bad team great draft that netted CB Rod Woodson, SS Thomas Everett and FS Darren Perry

1988 still struggling but Defense is making a comeback

1989 9-7 last second loss to Denver in playoffs draft netted SS Carnell Lake

Also, moving forward to the 90's the Steelers had 3 straight seasons of missing the playoffs in 98,99,and 2000, and finishing 6-10 in two out of those seasons. So you said wait until the Steelers have a few losing seasons in a row to see where the fans go. Is 3 seasons in a row enough losing seasons in a row to prove your point of being wrong?? Those losing seasons occured within the last 8-10 years and the same diehard Steelers fans that existed then like myself, exist now.

The team was bad for a while and made a recovery but we had our stretch of crappy and quite forgetable teams!!

I dont like the Browns, but it will take time to recover to respectability..

I simply don't understand why you guys say this (bandwagon fans).....is it your hope, your dream? Does it make you feel better to tell yourself that surely if the Steelers ever really fell from the NFL throne they have owned for nearly 40 years their fans would certainly leave in droves? Care to elaborate on where you come up with this stuff?

And BTW, high draft picks don't really help a bad team.............you should know that by now!

His whole argument is that your team has to be one of the worst in the league to prove your fanship. He seeks to pat himself on the back for being such a good fan to one of the worst teams in the league. He wants some acknowledgement from us that it is harder to be a Brownstain fan because of the acrid smell that comes with it.

I simply don't understand why you guys say this (bandwagon fans).....is it your hope, your dream? Does it make you feel better to tell yourself that surely if the Steelers ever really fell from the NFL throne they have owned for nearly 40 years their fans would certainly leave in droves? Care to elaborate on where you come up with this stuff?

And BTW, high draft picks don't really help a bad team.............you should know that by now!

40 year throne? Zero SB appearances in the 80's and 90's.... what happened?

So I guess you're saying now all Browns fans are closet fans right now because of the hardships. When the browns start winning, they will come out and bandwagon fans will jump on too. Calling Steeler fans bandwagon is just Retarded. I'm sure there are a decent percentage, but I would be willing to bet about 65-80% have local ties to Pittsburgh. Ask most Steeler fans on this site who their favorite baseball team is, and I would bet most of them says the Pirates. If you think being a Pirates fan is bandwagon, well then I dunno what to tell you. I guess the Pirates have a more recent championship than the entire city of Cleveland though.

Plus look at Steeler games, look at the jerseys in the crowdn, there are prob just as many old-ass Lambert jerseys as there are Woodley.

I am a Steeler fan for 25+ years and have always watched and rooted for them. They have NOT always been great or even good!

1984, 9-7 AFC CHAMP playoff loss to Miami and Marino

1985 8-8 missed playoffs

1986 6-10 terrible

1987 still bad team great draft that netted CB Rod Woodson, SS Thomas Everett and FS Darren Perry

1988 still struggling but Defense is making a comeback

1989 9-7 last second loss to Denver in playoffs draft netted SS Carnell Lake

Also, moving forward to the 90's the Steelers had 3 straight seasons of missing the playoffs in 98,99,and 2000, and finishing 6-10 in two out of those seasons. So you said wait until the Steelers have a few losing seasons in a row to see where the fans go. Is 3 seasons in a row enough losing seasons in a row to prove your point of being wrong?? Those losing seasons occured within the last 8-10 years and the same diehard Steelers fans that existed then like myself, exist now.

The team was bad for a while and made a recovery but we had our stretch of crappy and quite forgetable teams!!

I dont like the Browns, but it will take time to recover to respectability..

It wouldn't even take 3 seasons to prove my point. It would take 2 seasons at the most.

And also, the pirates are losing, so that nixes your point wrong. Baseball is just dead in pittsburgh.

It wouldn't even take 3 seasons to prove my point. It would take 2 seasons at the most.

And also, the pirates are losing, so that nixes your point wrong. Baseball is just dead in pittsburgh.

But here is the thing the Steelers if they do have a couple of down years they never lose for long periods of time buddy . They pride themselves on winning and do it probably better then any other organization in the National Football League. You dont make the playoffs for 12 out of the last 17 seasons since 1992 by accident or some sort of fluke. They have done that by having good personnel combined with great ownership and stability with their coaching staff and players. One last thing you talk about having a few losing seasons so you can get good high draft picks. Well the Steelers picked 11th in the 2004 draft which I consider to be pretty high and got a guy named Big Gay Ben when the Browns passed him right up at pick 5 I believe for overrated piece of garbage Winslow. I wonder how that turned out?? I'm sure Ben looks at the Browns growing up in Ohio and where they sit today and thanks god everyday that the Browns were dumb enough to not pick him and pass him right up.

Man that must suck being a browns fan in shittsburgh...but wear the brown and orange with pride because things are gonna change in the afc north over the next few years! ;)

I know enough steeler fans that i dont question their loyalty but i will say if the steelers sucked for 10 years (not likely) the murder rate would double in steeltown!....:)

Man that must suck being a browns fan in shittsburgh...but wear the brown and orange with pride because things are gonna change in the afc north over the next few years! ;)

I know enough steeler fans that i dont question their loyalty but i will say if the steelers sucked for 10 years (not likely) the murder rate would double in steeltown!....:)

We been hearing that since 2002 when the Browns and Steelers meet in the playoffs that things were going to change. And what has happened since then?? The same exact results with the Browns always looking up at the Steelers in the standings. Until the Browns get stability at the Quarterback position, and can put a defense on the field that can stop the run consistently and be a top 10 defense in the National Football League it will be awhile before they overtake the Steelers or even the Ravens for that matter in the AFC North...

Don't compare the Browns to the Pirates. The Browns try to build a good team, they just can't. They Pirates have no interest in putting together a good team. They just want the money. Its not that we hate a losing team, we hate the losing attitude of the owners.

High draft picks don't build winning teams. A good front office and good coaching builds a winning team. The Steelers have had noticeably lower drafts picks the past 5 years. In each of those five drafts, which Browns draft has even been close to the Steelers in terms of success of the drafted players?

Blaaaaaa Blaaaaa Blaaaaa...Same old Recycled BS from You Sissys. Problem is We dont have "A couple losing seasons," ... So this "Theory" You have ?? Who freaking Cares. Just the same old Whiney BS .... dont you get tired of seeing it OVER and Over ? Talk about you own Fanbase... Proud Hurting people that you are. Go ahead Browns Go 11-5 this year and WATCH the Bandwagon FILL UP (and it WILL) .... and you wont have Jack to say about that will you ??

I am still baffled as to how a Steeler fan has over 1000 posts on a browns board.....

Poor Baby... So sorry that I have averaged a few posts a Day in my 3 yrs of affiliation with this Board. Its a mere Dent as to what I have on Our Boards. But I have friends here and other people that I respect for being solid football minds. So I wont be "Offended " because you think this should be a "Country Club". I respect your Team and your "Intelligent" fans... You wont see me using BS Names for the Browns or Cleveland ( Reversed Expl. PISSBURGH ??) its classless and stupid... and , I stay out of Threads that I have no business being in. If you don't want to hear my opinion , dont talk about the Steelers and I probably wont even be chiming in.

Blaaaaaa Blaaaaa Blaaaaa...Same old Recycled BS from You Sissys. Problem is We dont have "A couple losing seasons," ... So this "Theory" You have ?? Who freaking Cares. Just the same old Whiney BS .... dont you get tired of seeing it OVER and Over ? Talk about you own Fanbase... Proud Hurting people that you are. Go ahead Browns Go 11-5 this year and WATCH the Bandwagon FILL UP (and it WILL) .... and you wont have Jack to say about that will you ??

You think the Browns will go 11-5? Shucks, you're making me blush.

I disagree. According to Browns fan, they are all fans in spite of the performance of the team. In order for bandwagon fans to come out of the woodwork upon a winning season it would mean that someone who is not now a Browns fan becoming one. Who would do that?

They already ARE ...but Underground fans. In Hiding like the Indian Fans who poured out onto the Earth as the Tribe tried to win the WS during the Indian Uprising as the Jake was Built.

Poor Baby... So sorry that I have averaged a few posts a Day in my 3 yrs of affiliation with this Board. Its a mere Dent as to what I have on Our Boards.

Awesome dude

But I have friends here and other people that I respect for being solid football minds. So I wont be "Offended " because you think this should be a "Country Club".

Why do you put quotes around certain words? You aren't quoting me, I know that much......

I respect your Team and your "Intelligent" fans... You wont see me using BS Names for the Browns or Cleveland ( Reversed Expl. PISSBURGH ??) its classless and stupid

I didn't create this thread

... and , I stay out of Threads that I have no business being in. If you don't want to hear my opinion , dont talk about the Steelers and I probably wont even be chiming in.

I didn't say anything about your opinion. I was making an observation.

Personally I think name-calling is pretty lame and uncreative, but it comes with the territory.

Whatever.... I just found it funny that you have over 1,000 posts on a Browns board and a large quantity of them are you arguing the same stuff over and over again.. I know that if I were in your shoes (meaning, if the Browns had six SB trophies and the Steelers had zero) I wouldn't acknowledge anything the other fan base said negatively about my team.

That's an interesting concept! Underground bandwagon Browns fans.....waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting................

They could have great grandchildren in captivity :D :D :D :D

ha ha ha .... Dude its gonna be scarey...IF they rise. It could look like the Thriller Video !!!

Someone willing to make a statement that stupid is not interested in facts ;) Isn't it funny how a fan of one of the worst franchises in all of sports, for all of modern history, can grasp at straws to throw darts at fans of the best franchise in modern sports?

i like to know how your dumbass thinks we are one of the worst teams lets get out facts straight here

browns 8 LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS 46' 47' 48 ' 49' 50 54 ' 55' 56' 64' STOOLERS 6 LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS 74' 75' 78' 79 05' 08 advantage cleveland

cleveland 11 Conference Championships 50' 51' 52' 53' 54' 55' 57' 64' 65' 68' 69' PITSPUKE 6 CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS 74' 75' 78' 79' 05' 08' AGAIN ADVANTAGE CLEVELAND SO FOR THOSE KEEPING TRACK THATS CLEVELAND 2 SHITSBURGH 0

CLEVELAND 10 Division Championships 67' 68' 69' 71' 80' 81' 85' 86' 87' 89' PITSPUKE WITH 17 DIVISIONS CROWNS 72' 74' 75' 76' 77' 78' 79' 83' 84' 92' 94' 95' 96' 97' 01' 02' 04' 08' SO THATS ONE FOR PITSPUKE ADVANTAGE CLEVELAND 2-1

Playoff Appearances CELVEAND WITH 29 - 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1957, 1958, 1964, 1965, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1971, 1972, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1994, 2002 PITSPUKE WITH 24 - 1947, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1989, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005 2007 2008 SO CLEVAND TAKES THAT ROUND TO THATS 3-1 SO I WOULD RETHINK THAT STATEMENT THAT WE ARE THE WORST TEAM EVER

Awesome dude

Why do you put quotes around certain words? You aren't quoting me, I know that much......

I didn't create this thread

I didn't say anything about your opinion. I was making an observation.

Personally I think name-calling is pretty lame and uncreative, but it comes with the territory.

Whatever.... I just found it funny that you have over 1,000 posts on a Browns board and a large quantity of them are you arguing the same stuff over and over again.. I know that if I were in your shoes (meaning, if the Browns had six SB trophies and the Steelers had zero) I wouldn't acknowledge anything the other fan base said negatively about my team.

Nothing to argue Dude !! I am not arguing any point. Just raising the other side of some of the thought process here. And if you were my my shoes ? you have NO WAY of knowing that because it hasn't happened , so highly Speculative. As stated many times My friends invited me to come post here a few yrs ago. I have many Browns fans as Friends , Point is I been here for awhile , and Dont treat people crappy. So why are you concerned about me for having a HISTORY of posting on this board. Sorry brother it just sounds like whining to me.

i like to know how your dumbass thinks we are one of the worst teams lets get out facts straight here

browns 8 LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS 46' 47' 48 ' 49' 50 54 ' 55' 56' 64' STOOLERS 6 LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS 74' 75' 78' 79 05' 08 advantage cleveland

cleveland 11 Conference Championships 50' 51' 52' 53' 54' 55' 57' 64' 65' 68' 69' PITSPUKE 6 CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS 74' 75' 78' 79' 05' 08' AGAIN ADVANTAGE CLEVELAND SO FOR THOSE KEEPING TRACK THATS CLEVELAND 2 SHITSBURGH 0

CLEVELAND 10 Division Championships 67' 68' 69' 71' 80' 81' 85' 86' 87' 89' PITSPUKE WITH 17 DIVISIONS CROWNS 72' 74' 75' 76' 77' 78' 79' 83' 84' 92' 94' 95' 96' 97' 01' 02' 04' 08' SO THATS ONE FOR PITSPUKE ADVANTAGE CLEVELAND 2-1

Playoff Appearances CELVEAND WITH 29 - 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1957, 1958, 1964, 1965, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1971, 1972, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1994, 2002 PITSPUKE WITH 22 - 1947, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1989, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005 SO CLEVAND TAKES THAT ROUND TO THATS 3-1 SO I WOULD RETHINK THAT STATEMENT THAT WE ARE THE WORST TEAM EVER

FAR from the worst team ever. Proud and Rich History. Bad times have fallen upon them...and its an extended period of time. Exaggeration... Old school Steeler fans still Respect the Browns. We Remember when the Browns were no easy mark. And our Dads remember when the Browns OWNED us. Cleveland has much to be proud of...No not recently. But it cant be Bad forever. Call me whatever , but I still sweat both times we play you guys till the Final Gun. (Ok we have had a few games where the Sweat was nice and dry by the half...) Respect still Due !

finally a fan with some dignity and respect

I am merely a Realist... And The Browns are , or at least were a Pain in the Butt MANY Sundays in my life !! Memories of Bernie Kosar , Metcalf and many others have Haunted me on a Chunk of Sundays. And I am thankful I didnt have to live thru the 50`s and 60`s. ha ha ha....

You missed the "modern history" part. Not disrespecting your old history but it's very old.

You're right about the"modern history". But I'm still standing proud and tall of my team. That's why we are called Browns fans because we can take the good, the bad and the ugly. I'm sure your proud of your team. Not knocking on the steelers, but the love for the browns is a very special feeling that other fans and I share.

We all have... like.... war scars. Scars that last for generations and generations. When we ever get a championship, all that turmoil and fighting will be gone. We browns fans will be free at last. It's a weird feeling. It's a cleveland thing, you wouldn't understand it.

You're right about the"modern history". But I'm still standing proud and tall of my team. That's why we are called Browns fans because we can take the good, the bad and the ugly. I'm sure your proud of your team. Not knocking on the steelers, but the love for the browns is a very special feeling that other fans and I share.

We all have... like.... war scars. Scars that last for generations and generations. When we ever get a championship, all that turmoil and fighting will be gone. We browns fans will be free at last. It's a weird feeling. It's a cleveland thing, you wouldn't understand it.

Well Stated ! Ha Ha...

Archived