THE BROWNS BOARD

Any Browns fans besides me in Pissburgh, PA?

dawgpound3

You missed the "modern history" part. Not disrespecting your old history but it's very old.

You got to be honest Stone, if that was your history you would be proud of it too. Come on, that is why Steeler fans don't want to discuss it and dismiss it as "old". "Show Dick some respect"

Please show me ONE just one game where there has been any sort of "presence" of brownie fans in any away stadium..Please give me any thing at all to substantiate that these"browns backers" even exist.

The Browns Backers are a large organization, but, like everything else. It has been surpassed. You do not see Browns Fans overtake other stadiums like Steeler Fans do. Heck, we over took your stadium one year. That would never happen in Heinz.

Browns fans whole argument especially on this site is that your team has to be one of the worst in the league to prove your fanship! According to all of them we are all fans because we flock like sheep to the "best" team. Oddly, most Steeler fans I know debunk this argument as they have been fans their whole lives.

Again, a few simple tests: A. Browns Backers are considered the largest organized fan club of any team in the world. If it has been surpassed it must have just been in the last few months....and by who? Fans of Manchester United maybe.

2. And yes, the true test of a fan base is not how you are doing when things are oh, so rosy, but how supportive they are when things are not so rosy. Give your team 10 consecutive lousy years....THAT is when their metal is tested.

3. I assume you are from Pittsburgh, so properly people from Peetown are and should be fans of their team all their lives.

But what you don't realize is that their are a lot of FRAKs living around here, and in other parts of the country (FrontRunnerAssKissers). Though your dedicated group of Pittsburgh area fans aren't going to drop their allegiance, the FRAKS will dump that team like they are having a bowel movement the minute things are going to go so rosy.

His whole argument is that your team has to be one of the worst in the league to prove your fanship. He seeks to pat himself on the back for being such a good fan to one of the worst teams in the league. He wants some acknowledgement from us that it is harder to be a Brownstain fan because of the acrid smell that comes with it.

So, you DON'T think it is any harder to be a fan of a losing team than to be a fan of a winning team?

In theory I guess that should be correct.

Perhaps it should be said more accurately that it is more frustrating being a fan of a losing team, not necessarily harder.

Or are you saying that one should NOT be proud of sticking with a losing team that you are a fan of? That one should abandon that team for one that is having more success. That seems to be what you imply.

Please tell me I am wrong about that.

But here is the thing the Steelers if they do have a couple of down years they never lose for long periods of time buddy . They pride themselves on winning and do it probably better then any other organization in the National Football League. You dont make the playoffs for 12 out of the last 17 seasons since 1992 by accident or some sort of fluke. They have done that by having good personnel combined with great ownership and stability with their coaching staff and players. One last thing you talk about having a few losing seasons so you can get good high draft picks. Well the Steelers picked 11th in the 2004 draft which I consider to be pretty high and got a guy named Big Gay Ben when the Browns passed him right up at pick 5 I believe for overrated piece of garbage Winslow. I wonder how that turned out?? I'm sure Ben looks at the Browns growing up in Ohio and where they sit today and thanks god everyday that the Browns were dumb enough to not pick him and pass him right up.

I think you are missing a point here. You seem to be saying "ain't it great" that we stick with our team during a few down years". Well, that is all fine, well, and good, but that is not the argument. No one is debating that the Steelers have had a good long string of success with a very few low points. (Though....I have done the research on this, during those low stretches in the 80s the Steelers would only get like 35-40 to attend their games at 59,000 capacity 3 rivers).

The test is how well would the fans support the team after a couple of down DECADES. You are probably too young to know about the 40 consecutive non-layoff seasons the Steelers had. Just imagine if that sort of thing were to be repeated here in the future.

Truly sad. I feel bad for you. I am sure their are better things to do with your life, no?

Your a Dufass...ha ha ha...Got Tons of Life dude. The few hours a week I spend on line , isnt MY Life. I am Involved Heavily in a CHurch , and with A 14 U Fastpitch Travel Team , Play basketball and Softball and am in a Band that plays weekly. Not to mention the 50 Hours a week I spend at Work. I sleep well every night brother.

I think you are missing a point here. You seem to be saying "ain't it great" that we stick with our team during a few down years". Well, that is all fine, well, and good, but that is not the argument. No one is debating that the Steelers have had a good long string of success with a very few low points. (Though....I have done the research on this, during those low stretches in the 80s the Steelers would only get like 35-40 to attend their games at 59,000 capacity 3 rivers).

The test is how well would the fans support the team after a couple of down DECADES. You are probably too young to know about the 40 consecutive non-layoff seasons the Steelers had. Just imagine if that sort of thing were to be repeated here in the future.

Gipper.... BROWNS FANS are freaking AMAZING !! They are... the Steeler fans who Rip them are totally Missing the Point as You stated. You guys are Die hard Crazy and I respect that. The ONLY ONLY Thing that diminishes that ..is you guys ( not ALL but a BUNCH of you) are just Horrible crybabies when it come to the Steelers. If you guys would man up and respect what Pittsburgh does...dang I would say Your fan base is just Off the Chain Awesome. But come on...it gets Old . Most of you cant even Type PITTSBURGH ... its pissburgh ..piss and Black, Urine... Squealers Sh**sburgh.... Come on . I NEVER call he Browns anything but the Browns ...and Cleveland is Cleveland. I Show RESPECT. And still get dogged by many here. Respect and you will be respected. And the Steeler fans who use all those derogatory names for Cleveland Stop,,its stupid and make YOU Look stupid. Especially HERE where You are a Guest. Respect due. Both ways .

Gipper.... BROWNS FANS are freaking AMAZING !! They are... the Steeler fans who Rip them are totally Missing the Point as You stated. You guys are Die hard Crazy and I respect that. The ONLY ONLY Thing that diminishes that ..is you guys ( not ALL but a BUNCH of you) are just Horrible crybabies when it come to the Steelers. If you guys would man up and respect what Pittsburgh does...dang I would say Your fan base is just Off the Chain Awesome. But come on...it gets Old . Most of you cant even Type PITTSBURGH ... its pissburgh ..piss and Black, Urine... Squealers Sh**sburgh.... Come on . I NEVER call he Browns anything but the Browns ...and Cleveland is Cleveland. I Show RESPECT. And still get dogged by many here. Respect and you will be respected. And the Steeler fans who use all those derogatory names for Cleveland Stop,,its stupid and make YOU Look stupid. Especially HERE where You are a Guest. Respect due. Both ways .

Okay. I will give you respect where it's due. But listen, it's still a mutual rivalry. The rivalry's not dead, it's dormant. I respect the fact youse guys won a superbowl. However, since you are my rival, that is all the respect you are going to get. Steelers and Browns fans do not belong in the same sentence!

Okay. I will give you respect where it's due. But listen, it's still a mutual rivalry. The rivalry's not dead, it's dormant. I respect the fact youse guys won a superbowl. However, since you are my rival, that is all the respect you are going to get. Steelers and Browns fans do not belong in the same sentence!

Ha Ha...Ok that's Kool. And You right is not Dead. And I Hated it when You guys were banished by Modell. This is part of the "Fun" we call Football. I dont ever want to lose to you guys again though ... sorry !!

Okay. I will give you respect where it's due. But listen, it's still a mutual rivalry. The rivalry's not dead, it's dormant. I respect the fact youse guys won six superbowls, are the winningest team in the NFL, the greatest franchise in all of sports, have the crappiest fans on earth, live in a smoky city. However, since you are my rival, that is all the respect you are going to get. Steelers and Browns fans do not belong in the same sentence!

Fixed that for you! :D

Archived