THE BROWNS BOARD

The post office

57 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Bacon of the Month Club?

No, it was actually a pretty nifty flashlight.

Funny thing, both times after it was delivered to the wrong address it was shipped back to Texas where it originated.

If it was bacon, or any other perishable item, it would have definitely spoiled.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yes Steve- knew 95% of that. So what you going to do for those folks living out in the stix?  Think UPS or Fedex are going to want to lose millions servicing them? Cut out Saturday first class mail? All for it. Make junk mailers pay their fair share? Sure- they probably get charged a few bucks per ton of delivery. 

Said it elsewhere- this is not the time to go screwing with the USPS business model right before the election. The problems may not be Trump's fault- but he sure as hell turned it into a political football with some remarks that certainly sound like he's suppressing mail delivery. 

As to the Post Office being a financial sinkhole with no bottom- saw an interesting thought. They're a service provided for by the government.  Um BTW- so is the US military- with around $700 billion in discretionary spending. The $25 billion the Democrats want to spend to prop up the USPS through the end of the year is approaching the level of pissing in the ocean of red ink created by the military and their never ending wish list for new toys- that we're probably never going to need. And if the US government was run as a business (like some want to do with the Post office) it would have been declared bankrupt years ago. Except- Uncle Sam can keep on printing money he doesn't have. The national debt load (just checked) is $70,000 per capita.  Considering kids under 10 don't work- and retirees- you can effectively at least double that for people who are actually working. 

Crowd protests outside US Postmaster's North Carolina home

• Aug 17, 2020

postmaster

So a crowd of 100 or more people protest that they want to vote by mail because in person voting is dangerous because it puts you in contact with others and might be crowded !!! You can't make this stuff up !!! HA stupid is as stupid does.

Just shows they are liars - the truth is, mail in ballots are their ticket to winning the upcoming critical election.

fraud.

they want it to happen badly.

On 8/18/2020 at 6:10 AM, MLD Woody said:

It's not spin. It's obvious. Trump said it out loud. His goal is apparent, and that's to make it harder to vote.

It's spin to try and make it something else

So why is vote by mail bad when Trump is actually suing two states about mail in voting?  

And you can't make this crap up. Just got a postcard from the Ohio Republican Committee- this is verbatim off the card.....   

Join

President Trump

VOTE BY ABSENTEE BALLOT! 

"I will be an absentee voter. We have a lot of absentee voters. It works, so we are in favor of absentee."  DT  

But don't let some states mail out absentee ballot requests Donnie- got it.... I'm going to spit on that card before I burn it. For the record, I'll vote in person on November 3rd.  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

So why is vote by mail bad when Trump is actually suing two states about mail in voting?  

And you can't make this crap up. Just got a postcard from the Ohio Republican Committee- this is verbatim off the card.....   

Join

President Trump

VOTE BY ABSENTEE BALLOT! 

"I will be an absentee voter. We have a lot of absentee voters. It works, so we are in favor of absentee."  DT  

But don't let some states mail out absentee ballot requests Donnie- got it.... I'm going to spit on that card before I burn it. For the record, I'll vote in person on November 3rd.  

I think your confusing absentee ballot with mail in ballots.  Absentee ballots require prior registration and verification before a ballot will be sent.  Mail in ballots in some states require no registration.  They are just being mailed to mailing lists.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I think your confusing absentee ballot with mail in ballots.  Absentee ballots require prior registration and verification before a ballot will be sent.  Mail in ballots in some states require no registration.  They are just being mailed to mailing lists.

Save your breath, the Libs still don’t know the difference between legal immigrants and illegal aliens.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I think Hoorta might be deliberately having some sick fun with known false narratives. Squawks about them like an angry pink flamingo.

Either that, or TDS is taking it's toll on his psyche.

9 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Um, no I'm not.  Where do you suppose they get the addresses to send out those mail in ballots? Registered voter lists? I know damn well Trump wants to make a big frickin' deal about the difference. 

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Um, no I'm not.  Where do you suppose they get the addresses to send out those mail in ballots? Registered voter lists? I know damn well Trump wants to make a big frickin' deal about the difference. 

If it's not a big deal why not wait until 2024 and iron out all the bugs why rush this if it's not perfected?  Why are the Dems making a big deal of it? 

3 minutes ago, Vambo said:

If it's not a big deal why not wait until 2024 and iron out all the bugs why rush this if it's not perfected?  Why are the Dems making a big deal of it? 

Because Trump has it in his mind only absentee ballots are OK, not mail in ones. Never mind several states have used mail in ballots for years. 

I'll even grant you the 1% chance some ballots went out to people who are dead, or recently moved. That would assume dishonesty on the part of the person who recieved one by mistake to fill it out, and mail it back. And I've heard the signatures are checked against those on file, so that should stop most of that fraud. 

Why are the Dems making a big deal out of it? Because Trump is actively trying to suppress mail in voting. Or did you miss he's suing Nevada over it? Another big deal when his lackey Postmaster General is decommissioning and removing mail sorting machines. Add in, recent surveys are showing far more Democrats intend to vote by mail than Republicans. Not Rocket Science what Trump is trying to do. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

If thats true how do dogs and people who have been dead for years get them?  I don't buy that for a second.  There is definitely a difference.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Um, yes you sure the hell ARE. There IS a big difference - stop swimming in Egypt...don't drink while swimming...

Judicial Watch Finds Millions of ‘Extra’ Registrants on ...

Jan 02, 2020 · Judicial Watch found major voting list issues in California, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Virginia, and Colorado. The following counties have excessive registration rates or have failed to cancel sufficient numbers of ineligible registrations: Colorado. Jefferson County. California. Imperial County. Monterey County. Orange County. Riverside County

Are States Purging Or Cleaning Voter Registration Rolls? : NPR

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/20/790319853

Dec 20, 2019 · So, for example, Georgia earlier this week took 300,000 inactive voters off the registration lists. That's still being challenged in court. But …

30 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

If thats true how do dogs and people who have been dead for years get them?  I don't buy that for a second.  There is definitely a difference.

I mentioned there definitely is a possibility- even a probability that stuff happens when voter rolls don't get updated. Is that a widespread problem Trump is making it out to be? MHO is it's not. Sure, someone could register their dog and try and get away with it. LOL, maybe I should register my cat Norman.  :)   But that does qualify as voter fraud, and you could go to jail for doing so. Happened a lot more frequently years ago where folks would register under multiple addresses and vote in person at 3-4 polling places. That sort of stuff gets cross referenced now. As you say- it's still not perfect by any means. 

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I mentioned there definitely is a possibility- even a probability that stuff happens when voter rolls don't get updated. Is that a widespread problem Trump is making it out to be? MHO is it's not. Sure, someone could register their dog and try and get away with it. LOL, maybe I should register my cat Norman.  :)   But that does qualify as voter fraud, and you could go to jail for doing so. Happened a lot more frequently years ago where folks would register under multiple addresses and vote in person at 3-4 polling places. That sort of stuff gets cross referenced now. As you say- it's still not perfect by any means. 

bad opiniion you have. how many registered voters.....1 in 8 are FAULTY?

One in 8 U.S. voter registrations faulty: survey - Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-vote-idUSTRE81D19720120214

Feb 14, 2012 · One in eight U.S. voter registrations is invalid or markedly inaccurate, the result of an outdated and inefficient registration system, a Pew Center on the States report said on Tuesday.

33 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Um, yes you sure the hell ARE. There IS a big difference - stop swimming in Egypt...don't drink while swimming...

Judicial Watch Finds Millions of ‘Extra’ Registrants on ...

Jan 02, 2020 · Judicial Watch found major voting list issues in California, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Virginia, and Colorado. The following counties have excessive registration rates or have failed to cancel sufficient numbers of ineligible registrations: Colorado. Jefferson County. California. Imperial County. Monterey County. Orange County. Riverside County

Are States Purging Or Cleaning Voter Registration Rolls? : NPR

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/20/790319853

Dec 20, 2019 · So, for example, Georgia earlier this week took 300,000 inactive voters off the registration lists. That's still being challenged in court. But …

What did I just say- states are being lax on updating their voter lists.... And how many of those millions are actually going to vote?  I suppose the next thing you're going to say is California is mailing out ballots to migrant workers from Mexico.... :D  

The problem is easily solved.  Every 4 years mail out postcards asking folks if they still want to be registered, and doing a computer cross check on their records... 

That's your problem Cal- you'll believe almost anything if it fits your narrative.... 1 in 8? Please. There's roughly 150 million registered voters in the United States...  My calculator says 1\8th equals 19 million- almost double the population of the state of Ohio... You're the one swimming in Egypt if you want to believe that number.... 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Because Trump has it in his mind only absentee ballots are OK, not mail in ones. Never mind several states have used mail in ballots for years. 

I'll even grant you the 1% chance some ballots went out to people who are dead, or recently moved. That would assume dishonesty on the part of the person who recieved one by mistake to fill it out, and mail it back. And I've heard the signatures are checked against those on file, so that should stop most of that fraud. 

Why are the Dems making a big deal out of it? Because Trump is actively trying to suppress mail in voting. Or did you miss he's suing Nevada over it? Another big deal when his lackey Postmaster General is decommissioning and removing mail sorting machines. Add in, recent surveys are showing far more Democrats intend to vote by mail than Republicans. Not Rocket Science what Trump is trying to do. 

Judge orders new election in New Jersey over voter fraud charges

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

What did I just say- states are being lax on updating their voter lists.... And how many of those millions are actually going to vote?  I suppose the next thing you're going to say is California is mailing out ballots to migrant workers from Mexico.... :D  

The problem is easily solved.  Every 4 years mail out postcards asking folks if they still want to be registered, and doing a computer cross check on their records... 

That's your problem Cal- you'll believe almost anything if it fits your narrative.... 1 in 8? Please. There's roughly 150 million registered voters in the United States...  My calculator says 1\8th equals 19 million- almost double the population of the state of Ohio... You're the one swimming in Egypt if you want to believe that number.... 

Easiest way voter ID and "Are you a US citizen" on the census.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Why  the need for mail in voting?  Never had an entire mail in vote before?  1 in five were invalid recently that's quite a few if over 100,000,000 vote.  Wait until 2024 then try it why rush?

Those machines were scheduled to be decommissioned before Trump.

Oh, I mostly agree.... The push for mail voting has everything to do with covid- and those who are paranoid to get out in public.... Obviously I'm not one of the paranoids. I'll wear my mask to the polls and bring plenty of hand sanitizer when I vote in person November 3rd.  But that's what I just was getting at V....  Those invalid votes got caught.  No? It's only Trump and his minions who are bringing up "massive mail voter fraud"- when everything I've seen elsewhere (other than Cal's far right gibberish) says the amount of actual voter fraud relative to the number of votes cast is minuscule.....  

Regarding the bold that's news to me, and just about everyone else....  LeJoy is going to have to face madder than a wet hen Pelosi and a bunch of Democrats tomorrow explaining exactly why all of a sudden those sorters magically became obsolete right before the election..... 

To a certain extent- I agree with Steve, the post office does need to be more efficient. Pony Express in an age of email? Got it. But it's not written in stone we need 6 day first class mail delivery. Guess you need to have a "critical" category for prescriptions and such,  but for everything else- M-W-F works for me... 

And don't blame the Mail Carriers for the problems- they work their asses off.  I told our lady mail carrier she should take up mountain climbing- she'd be good at it. Not just the miles on her route, take the 3-4 steps getting up to the mailboxes of the 700 houses on her route. For the record- that would be equivalent to hiking up to the top of the Willis (formerly Sears) Tower in Chicago twice, every day.  

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Oh, I mostly agree.... The push for mail voting has everything to do with covid- and those who are paranoid to get out in public.... Obviously I'm not one of the paranoids. I'll wear my mask to the polls and bring plenty of hand sanitizer when I vote in person November 3rd.  But that's what I just was getting at V....  Those invalid votes got caught.  No? It's only Trump and his minions who are bringing up "massive mail voter fraud"- when everything I've seen elsewhere (other than Cal's far right gibberish) says the amount of actual voter fraud relative to the number of votes cast is minuscule.....  

Regarding the bold that's news to me, and just about everyone else....  LeJoy is going to have to face madder than a wet hen Pelosi and a bunch of Democrats tomorrow explaining exactly why all of a sudden those sorters magically became obsolete right before the election..... 

To a certain extent- I agree with Steve, the post office does need to be more efficient. Pony Express in an age of email? Got it. But it's not written in stone we need 6 day first class mail delivery. Guess you need to have a "critical" category for prescriptions and such,  but for everything else- M-W-F works for me... 

And don't blame the Mail Carriers for the problems- they work their asses off.  I told our lady mail carrier she should take up mountain climbing- she'd be good at it. Not just the miles on her route, take the 3-4 steps getting up to the mailboxes of the 700 houses on her route. For the record- that would be equivalent to hiking up to the top of the Willis (formerly Sears) Tower in Chicago twice, every day.  

So masks don't work?

33 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Easiest way voter ID and "Are you a US citizen" on the census.

True, but you can lie, and no one is going to check on the truthfulness of your answers...  

FWIW, 10 years back- I was one of the unlucky ones who got fingered for an "extensive" Census questionnaire. I was sorely tempted to just answer complete bullshit to f**k up the works.  How many people live here? 15. What's your nationality?  Antarctican...  What is your family income? $3 billion a year...  You get my point.  :)  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vambo said:

So masks don't work?

Ah- come on they're not totally effective, but they do reduce the risk- and that's a fact Jack... Some would only feel comfortable walking around outside in space suits they're so paranoid. But if you want to tempt fate, and not wear one- your call...  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

True, but you can lie, and no one is going to check on the truthfulness of your answers...  

FWIW, 10 years back- I was one of the unlucky ones who got fingered for an "extensive" Census questionnaire. I was sorely tempted to just answer complete bullshit to f**k up the works.  How many people live here? 15. What's your nationality?  Antarctican...  What is your family income? $3 billion a year...  You get my point.  :)  

Good reason not to do mail in voting it's harder to lie in person. thank you.;)

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Ah- come on they're not totally effective, but they do reduce the risk- and that's a fact Jack... Some would only feel comfortable walking around outside in space suits they're so paranoid. But if you want to tempt fate, and not wear one- your call...  

So masks work no need for mail in voting. :D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

I don't have a problem, you swim in Egypt. You spout off your leftwing numbers, but any numbers that don't fit, you throw a fit. I never said I BELIEVED the numbers, I don't know.

STOP and THINK for a minute, Hoorta. maybe it's only 1/16. I reckon that's 9.5 million. How close was the last election, without pause for deflection? Did I get your attention?

eh. sorry. lol

But your adamant TDS deserves some conflict - since you throw out accusations and criticisms of Pres Trump, and you won't criticize your hidin biden or your kamoola - when it comes to being honest about it, you do the hula. (okay, I just did that because it rhymed -

you swim in Egypt. Again, I can list HUNDREDS of great and good things terrible old Pres Trump and VP Pence - HAVE DONE FOR AMERICA. MAGA !

and you still can't name even ONE good or great thing your obaMao and biden accomplished in EIGHT FREAKING GOD FORSAKEN DESTRUCTIVE TO AMERICA YEARS.

You can't name one, you're done.

6 hours ago, Vambo said:

So masks work no need for mail in voting. :D

And Trump almost never wears a mask, un American... The guy who votes by mail ya know...   You guys wouldn't recognize the hypocrisy of it all if it walked up to you and bit you in your MAGA asses.....   :D   

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

And Trump almost never wears a mask, un American... The guy who votes by mail ya know...   You guys wouldn't recognize the hypocrisy of it all if it walked up to you and bit you in your MAGA asses.....   :D   

Why can't you have a conversation without bringing Trump into it?  Sad so sad and seriously seek professional help you have a Trump addiction.

I bet you call out Trump's name during sex...😮

• Sad 1