THE BROWNS BOARD

Police hunt for gunman after 2 killed, 1 hurt amid third night of riots in Wisconsin

Vambo

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/08/26/kenosha-shooting-video-shows-suspected-gunman-kyle-rittenhouse-being-allowed-to-leave-scene/

Pieced together videos

- police giving some militia attaboys 

- kid shoots his first victim

- protestors come after him

- he shoots the next one

- kid isn't even arrested

.... if you want to prove cops don't treat white and black people differently this isn't a great look...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/08/26/kenosha-shooting-video-shows-suspected-gunman-kyle-rittenhouse-being-allowed-to-leave-scene/

Pieced together videos

- police giving some militia attaboys 

- kid shoots his first victim

- protestors come after him

- he shoots the next one

- kid isn't even arrested

.... if you want to prove cops don't treat white and black people differently this isn't a great look...

Jesus Christ, listen to this kid talk.     He has no idea what he's getting himself into and he's scared.   It's quite obvious.

17.   17 years old.   Couldn't even legally purchase the firearm, zero training, zero concept of what it is to see life extinguish in front of you.   Played way too much Call of Duty and thought that shit is as cut and dry, black and white as "us vs them"   "good guys vs bad guys".     Kid wanted to be a hero, a vigilante, and didn't realize there is a consequence to every action no matter how justified you may feel to it.   

Does anybody honesty think a 17 year old kid made the right call her and handled himself appropriately?   

I get the frustration, I really do.   I'm sick of seeing mom and pop places put to the torch and police should be equipped to handle such things.   However when they don't, are instructed to be passive or are stretched too thin, these are the results.   You have normal people, trying to do what they feel is right, (regardless of how misguided) and young people always end up dead or hurt from those on either side being too overzealous, trigger happy or thinking that this type of thing won't fuck you up mentally.

You're seeing a microcosm of the effects of war play out on American streets.   And I don't see leadership from ANYONE, wanting to appropriately take hold of this situation.    And do you know why that is?  Because leaders, actual honest-to-God respectable men and women of conscience, intelligent and integrity are far more uncommon than what you believe.

edit:  This is tragedy.   2 people are dead, and this kids life is effectively over.

August 25th when I was 17?  I was literally getting ready to walk into my senior year of high school (youngest in the class) senior year of football, had a job I liked,  a cute girlfriend, bought a car and got that first real taste of freedom.     A beautiful blend of responsibility, freedom and the magic of young (soon to be) adulthood.  I had two weapons that were mine - my compound and my 12g.    Honestly hadn't driven deer in a couple years at that point but would still sit in my stand the first day of bow season to see if I could tag something.               I didn't have a .223, I didn't have a vest or flak or tact gear.     Closest thing was my utility which was in my locker at school... something they had just started to crack down on and said we couldn't have.      

Dude should have been at home getting ready for school, taking prep classes, apprentice-ship work, tech work - anything.  Anything other than what he ended up doing.     

Don't celebrate this kid as a Patriot.   He was a misguided and easily influenced young man who didn't have, like most 17 year-olds, complete possession and understanding of the things he put into action.   Hell, if those guys in that clip with him were mid-20's and early 30's, they fucked up just as bad by not even asking if he was old enough to grow facial hair yet.                Leadership, my fellow Browns fans - this world has almost none.   

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Leadership, my fellow Browns fans - this world has almost none.  

Really excellent post above, but I do take issue with the last line. This world has

a ton of leadership - but it's a battle with the rest, who are too corrupt to follow, too corrupt to lead,

and genuinely do not care, except for personal advantage, economic...ego...power....whatever.

All the speakers at the RNC showed leadership.

18 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

at the beginning of the video you can clearly him the camera man saying he shot someone... so at that point he already shot someone and we aren't shown why

why is a 17 year old kid from Illinois up there to begin with?

Right across the border from Illinois.  Probably there because he wanted to protect businesses from looters, arsonists and rioters.  Just like the antifa were there from all over the country to burn and loot.

18 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Really excellent post above, but I do take issue with the last line. This world has

a ton of leadership - but it's a battle with the rest, who are too corrupt to follow, too corrupt to lead,

and genuinely do not care, except for personal advantage, economic...ego...power....whatever.

All the speakers at the RNC showed leadership.

RNC, DNC, PNC, KFC...  Same same 

On 8/26/2020 at 10:49 PM, MLD Woody said:

at the beginning of the video you can clearly him the camera man saying he shot someone... so at that point he already shot someone and we aren't shown why

why is a 17 year old kid from Illinois up there to begin with?

It's 20 miles. That's like asking what the hell is a kid from Lakewood doing in Cleveland!?

WSS

10 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Big difference in this case.

What would that big difference be? Seriously. If there are riots in Cleveland why would anybody be shocked if somebody from Lakewood or Parma showed up?

Before anybody flips out I don't think the kid was probably up to an a good but 20 miles is meaningless.

WSS

The three BLM “hero's” shot by Kyle Rittenhouse Joseph D. Rosenbaum: convicted sex offender, level 3, sexual misconduct with a child (bald dude, shot after he tried to drop kick Rittenhouse) Anthony M. Huber: pled guilty to false imprisonment with a dangerous weapon, strangulation domestic dispute, and battery (skateboard dude, shot after trying to bash Rittenhouse's head in with skateboard) Gaige P. Grosskreutz: felony burglary, theft, probation violation, felon in possession of a firearm (shot in arm after attempting to draw a concealed handgun on Rittenhouse AFTER feigning surrender)

• Thanks 1