THE BROWNS BOARD

Jon Toth to join the Cleveland Browns

Vambo

18 minutes ago, Orion said:

Wow.  I guess our drafted center isn't instilling a whole bunch of confidence in the coaches.

I have ZERO confidence in Andrew Berry... And Karen Stephanie

9 minutes ago, nickers said:

I have ZERO confidence in Andrew Berry... And Karen Stephanie

I like Stefanski.  He does a great job behind the microphone.  He does't say things that piss off a / the player(s)...like Dorsey did to Duke when he answered a question about signing Hunt making Duke expendable by saying, 'Not yet'.  He doesn't sound like a bill-hilly like last year.  He sounds very intelligent.  I like the way he answers questions.  Very professional.  I like that in a HC.

That being said, it all equals dog shit if he does a lousy job on game day...with in game decisions...with substitutions...with play calling (if he does that).  We've yet to see him manage a game.  -  I hope he's good....'cuz I like him.

Berry?  Too early to tell.  He was a part of things here when the Browns were at their worst...in the history of the team.  And rumor has it that the Eagles couldn't get him to the airport to head to Cleveland fast enough.  Still though, it's too early to tell how Berry is doing.  IMO

17 minutes ago, Orion said:

I like Stefanski.  He does a great job behind the microphone.  He does't say things that piss off a / the player(s)...like Dorsey did to Duke when he answered a question about signing Hunt making Duke expendable by saying, 'Not yet'.  He doesn't sound like a bill-hilly like last year.  He sounds very intelligent.  I like the way he answers questions.  Very professional.  I like that in a HC.

That being said, it all equals dog shit if he does a lousy job on game day...with in game decisions...with substitutions...with play calling (if he does that).  We've yet to see him manage a game.  -  I hope he's good....'cuz I like him.

Berry?  Too early to tell.  He was a part of things here when the Browns were at their worst...in the history of the team.  And rumor has it that the Eagles couldn't get him to the airport to head to Cleveland fast enough.  Still though, it's too early to tell how Berry is doing.  IMO

Stefanski comes off too effeminate to me... he is NOT the Alpha male I thought Jimmy was gonna hire...

17 minutes ago, nickers said:

effeminate

...hmm....you talk so purrty.  I'm gonna go look that up 'cos I'm not that smaat.  

I actually prefer the Tom Landry type rather than the Bill Parcells.   

I'm anxious to see this coaching regime in action.  -  My preference:   Linus Van Pelt running the offense and calling the plays.  -  Tiger Woods doing the same on the D  -  and Stephy (effeminate)  overseeing everything, interjecting on both sides of the ball, communicating with the refs ( communicating, and not badgering ), coaching up players, making good in game decisions regarding TOs and time management, red flag usage,  when to punt, draw plays on 4th and long, 60 something yard FG attempts with Devin Hester waiting in the end zone,  bubble screens on 1st and goal from the 1 in OT.  (not much of a bar set there I guess).

I have high hopes for this coaching regime.  Which is against my general principles to have confidence in anything Browns related.....since hopes are usually dashed in game one of a regular season.

43 minutes ago, nickers said:

Stefanski comes off too effeminate to me... he is NOT the Alpha male I thought Jimmy was gonna hire...

Because he sounds educated and grooms himself?

We've had a lot of "alpha males" that got outfoxed on Sundays. Give me smart, dedicated and innovative ....

Z

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Wow.  I guess our drafted center isn't instilling a whole bunch of confidence in the coaches.

or they might want to see what Nick Harris can do at RG? We already have a smart center named Tretter. Tretter's background? he ain't missing week 1..

Toth? looks well over matched here.... https://ganggreennation.com/2019/1/30/18196129/scouting-jets-offensive-lineman-jon-toth    let's hope he's a camp body...

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

...yeah, some of that wasn't too flattering.

LB Smith Great! and I didn't mind robbing a DE from Miami...but these last 2 moves? 🙄 WR & C?  baffling

28 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Why? Because they are young and smart and rose through the ranks of football?

Z

No because they SUCK!

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Who would have been? Eighty year old Mike Ditka?

Ken Whisenhunt , Ron Rivera.. Jon Gruden.. And so on...

43 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

What makes you think that Stank could not kick their asses?

They have experience... Stank was kubiaks coffee fetcher...

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I mean, seriously, what the fuck would nickers know about Alpha males? 😁

You know his probably some BBC loving, Beta, Cuck with all the belligerent nonsense he posts. I guess and quoting Adam the Bull from 92.3 The fan "Kevin is a good looking man" so his not qualified to be a Head Coach in nickers empty mind. Guess you have to have that "not caught yet"; serial killer vibe Bill Belichick has going on, to be NFL material.

13 hours ago, gumby73 said:

or they might want to see what Nick Harris can do at RG? We already have a smart center named Tretter. Tretter's background? he ain't missing week 1..

I don’t think Tretter knows how to play without an ankle sprain. Probably looks forward to that day as his personal official start of the season.