THE BROWNS BOARD

OBJ trade whispers bubbling once again

Icecube

9 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

If you repost this thread every 3 weeks for the next 5 years, eventually you'll be right!

Also, to me it works like an anti jinx gone wrong.

You know like those "send this message to 5 friends or you will die tomorrow." But in this case is like "Post this every other week in order to piss on the day of the rest of the Browns Board."

He might end up getting us to love OBJ when I really wouldn't really mind if #13 left.  

1 hour ago, Nero said:

in order to piss on the day of

OBJ's performance has a lot of room for improvement. Peppers' performance was the same.

You know what pisses on my day when it comes to OBJ/peppers? The fact that we could have drafted TreDavious White or Bubba Baker or TJ Watt with that pick.

Although even talking about players drafted brings us to yet another issue that's hidden in all these threads about players -- NO draftee is "complete" when they get to the NFL, and Browns organization has been terrible basically since Belichick left in further development/maximizing NFL skills of the players we do have.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

OBJ's performance has a lot of room for improvement. Peppers' performance was the same.

You know what pisses on my day when it comes to OBJ/peppers? The fact that we could have drafted TreDavious White or Bubba Baker or TJ Watt with that pick.

Although even talking about players drafted brings us to yet another issue that's hidden in all these threads about players -- NO draftee is "complete" when they get to the NFL, and Browns organization has been terrible basically since Belichick left in further development/maximizing NFL skills of the players we do have.

We have become the Cleveland Indians of the 70's with great fan attendance... We are basically a low budget farm team for the rest of the NFL...

4 minutes ago, nickers said:

We have become the Cleveland Indians of the 70's with great fan attendance... We are basically a low budget farm team for the rest of the NFL...

Not just the rest of the NFL - this lack of investment in the organization also means that your taxes line Haslam's pockets instead of pay the ongoing wages of a larger, more experienced staff.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Not just the rest of the NFL - this lack of investment in the organization also means that your taxes line Haslam's pockets instead of pay the ongoing wages of a larger, more experienced staff.

Can you explain what you mean by "lack of investment"?  Are you talking about the fact that we are constantly one of the team most under the cap....that we never use up our cap space to acquire good FAs? 

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

"lack of investment"

Have to pay up for talented NFL assistant coaches who are capable of and willing to actually teach up NFL talent.. can't just put fat morons who don't think athletes need to stretch in track suits and be shocked the results don't follow.

I'm saying it's a deliberate choice - it's haslam's way of pocketing extra taxpayer millions each season

11 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

... and Haslam is still getting tax dollars because...

15 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Combination of taxes all from Cleveland citizens paying for stadium - Crain's is one of the better business publications out there.  Overall lease

Except for Crain not knowing how to use the "Enter" key that was a pretty good read. There were a lot of big numbers in the past, but the on-going financial obligation doesn't seem to be that great and the owner of a property is always responsible for the upkeep. Most of the amount needed thru 2024 is already in the fund for that purpose.

Seems to me the Haslam Browns are chipping in a helluva a lot more than the city. Granted that his money is going towards "improvements" and not "maintenance", but as the tenant that's no windfall for Jimmah.

Also your "all kinds of taxes" boils down to sin taxes plus the ticket admissions tax. The former was always intended for sports facilities and the later is dependent upon going to games. So don't smoke or drink and don't attend games.

I also noted that the city does not have to share revenue from the Muni lots. Add RTA revenue and taxes from downtown, pre-game diners and post game "celebrations" (may there be many) and I'd be shocked if the city is not at least breaking even.

19 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Seems like a very eclectic meal.  Looks like chicken wings, wonton noodles,  crab meat, and some kind of fried fish or chicken. And I have no clue about those black balls on toothpicks or the purple stuff. 

The black balls are overcooked meatballs. Check on chicken wings and wonton noodles. 

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

https://www.brownsnation.com/report-browns-have-no-plans-to-trade-odell-beckham-jr/

Report: Browns Have No Plans To Trade Odell Beckham Jr.

4fb9de90419a8141acc28463eb2a4b77?s=50&d=By Andy Webb September 20, 2020

Same as before: They have "no plans" because no team will give them anywhere near what Mr. Jimmy wants (a 1st round). THAT is why the Browns aren't "planning" on a trade. If a team offered a 1st, he'd be outta town by tomorrow. 

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

https://www.brownsnation.com/report-browns-have-no-plans-to-trade-odell-beckham-jr/

Report: Browns Have No Plans To Trade Odell Beckham Jr.

4fb9de90419a8141acc28463eb2a4b77?s=50&d=By Andy Webb September 20, 2020

[Tour in his best Eddie Izzard voice] Do you have a source?

8 hours ago, Icecube said:

OK, maybe I'm missing the point. 

No,  you're not missing it.  I am just saying none of your animals were a talking parrot that employed rude, crude language in an English accent the way Ruby does.  I couldn't quit laughing at that bird. ( ":Fuck  off twat!)   That was some funny shit on you video as well. 

9 hours ago, Icecube said:

OK, maybe I'm missing the point. 

Gipper often has no point...

... excepting when he has every point (of view).

Kudos to you, 'cube, taking my "ribbing" as good-natured... which is as intended.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Gipper often has no point...

... excepting when he has every point (of view).

Kudos to you, 'cube, taking my "ribbing" as good-natured... which is as intended.

Well...it seems that you are the one missing the point.   I put the video of Ruby on there to tell Icecube to "Fuck off twat"....in a good natured way. 

Apparently a similar point needs to be applied to you.  Fuck off, fat bastard:

On 9/21/2020 at 4:10 PM, Icecube said:

Same as before: They have "no plans" because no team will give them anywhere near what Mr. Jimmy wants (a 1st round). THAT is why the Browns aren't "planning" on a trade. If a team offered a 1st, he'd be outta town by tomorrow. 

We know you don't like OBJ. Nothing wrong with that. And I assume you are of the mind he is more trouble than he is worth. You could certainly be right.

But your argument is terrible here.

There is only a handful of guys in the NFL who wouldn't get traded if offered a 1st.

I don't know how much further the lost goes past: Julio, Hopkins, Tyreke,  Adams, Thomas, Evans, Godwin, Cooper (probably), Metcalf, Diggs (just because he was just acquired) and the 1st round rookies. There could be a few I am missing.